Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are The Broncos Your Second Team Now?

Mexicolt

Are the Broncos your second team now?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Broncos your second favorite team?

• Yes I am BronColt!
    • No, I don't care about them
    • Second? They are my first team now!

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope the while Peyton thing seems set real to me still my second fav team is still the giants.

My exact sentiment. I witnessed the elder manning and was fortunate enough that he was a part of my team. Im not going to become a fan of any team just because he went there. Now its time for Luck(assuming he is who we draft) to be my number one and eli to stay exactly where he is. Peyton is now just another qb in the league that is good(and im proud to say that has no emotional affect on me at all)

I guess with Eli being the qb it was a natural for so many of us to be Giants fans, I certainly am.

The Broncos......not forgiving Elway for what he did is too much like Baltimore still being mad over the Colts. I'll watch the games with interest but it's the Colts first and foremost, then the Giants, then Sportscenter.

Nope the while Peyton thing seems set real to me still my second fav team is still the giants.

Much better than the 49ers whom I hate because of their rivalry with the Giants.

But still, no.

My exact sentiment. I witnessed the elder manning and was fortunate enough that he was a part of my team. Im not going to become a fan of any team just because he went there. Now its time for Luck(assuming he is who we draft) to be my number one and eli to stay exactly where he is. Peyton is now just another qb in the league that is good(and im proud to say that has no emotional affect on me at all)

I guess with Eli being the qb it was a natural for so many of us to be Giants fans, I certainly am.

The Broncos......not forgiving Elway for what he did is too much like Baltimore still being mad over the Colts. I'll watch the games with interest but it's the Colts first and foremost, then the Giants, then Sportscenter.

I'm a bit confused. Have you guys long been Giant fans, or did you start leaning towards them just because of Eli? I mean I live in the NY area and have kinda liked the Giants since long before Eli joined them, but his presence certainly helps.

But if someone only likes the Giants because of Peyton's brother being on the team, then what is the rational for maintaining that loyalty but proudly pushing Peyton aside? You would think that you would either embrace Peyton's new team, or dump his brothers team. Dumping Peyton but keeping Eli just seems a bit bizarre.

2nd team? Seriously? Uh, no. I root for the Colts and only the Colts regardless of who a former Colts player plays for. 2nd team? C'mon MAN!!!!

I fail to understand this sentiment. Which is always conveyed with such confusion, like the writer cannot fathom someone loving NFL football so much that they may follow other teams as well as their main team.

To provide an example;

If the Colts left town, would you stop watching the NFL?

I fail to understand this sentiment. Which is always conveyed with such confusion, like the writer cannot fathom someone loving NFL football so much that they may follow other teams as well as their main team. To provide an example; If the Colts left town, would you stop watching the NFL?

If the Colts left Indianapolis, I would follow that organization to whichever city they choose to move to. Just like my grandpa did when they moved the first time.

I'm a bit confused. Have you guys long been Giant fans, or did you start leaning towards them just because of Eli? I mean I live in the NY area and have kinda liked the Giants since long before Eli joined them, but his presence certainly helps.

But if someone only likes the Giants because of Peyton's brother being on the team, then what is the rational for maintaining that loyalty but proudly pushing Peyton aside? You would think that you would either embrace Peyton's new team, or dump his brothers team. Dumping Peyton but keeping Eli just seems a bit bizarre.

The Giants have been favorites since being stationed in Groton Ct. at the submarine base. Teams in the area (UConn, NYG, and Patriots) sometimes gave tickets to sporting events for service members stationed on the base and while I never had any desire to see the Patriots, I loved going to see the Giants because one of my shipmates lived nearby and we got to eat at his home before and after a game.

Home cooking got me to like the Giants......

While I'll be interested to see how Manning does with his new team, I really have no interest as to their success. I hope he is able to play well again, and would pull for his team if they were playing one our divisional foes, NE, Pitt, or the Jets - but it would be little more than a passing interest.

The media, and Bronco fans are already projecting SB wins - something Peyton in his prime could only muster once. As Colts fans we had to defend the numerous failures in the playoffs. I can't see that being any different with him on a different team. I guess we'll see.

Time for us to focus on the building of our new team.

I have always liked the Broncos - I have family in CO and I lived there a year. They never owned the PM led Colts but did own Tommy's Pats.

I hope Peyton does well, they aren't my team though. #2 now I suppose (I did secretly enjoy Tebow-Time!)

Loved the Elway years.....Their fans are almost as crazy as Oakland's

No Denver-Indy games until 2013..

Their both horsey...

Broncos-Colts....works for me..

I'm already getting ready for the Denver-NE game

1.Colts

Gonna be fun to watch Luck his rookie season, everyone will be gunning for the new kid to get him before he gets good, and looks like this is gonna be Reggie's team till Luck takes command.

2.Broncos

How could you be a Colt fan and not want to see Manning. Plus look at who they play this year, Manning in his first season with a new team, back from 4 neck surgery's, fired from his team he made into a hall of fame career, playing the toughest schedule in the NFL. Thats just great football.

3.Giants

Come on man... They beat the Pats twice in the superbowl.

4.Whoever plays the Pats

nuff said

1.Colts

Gonna be fun to watch Luck his rookie season, everyone will be gunning for the new kid to get him before he gets good, and looks like this is gonna be Reggie's team till Luck takes command.

2.Broncos

How could you be a Colt fan and not want to see Manning. Plus look at who they play this year, Manning in his first season with a new team, back from 4 neck surgery's, fired from his team he made into a hall of fame career, playing the toughest schedule in the NFL. Thats just great football.

3.Giants

Come on man... They beat the Pats twice in the superbowl.

4.Whoever plays the Pats

nuff said

This.

And this:

5.whoever plays the eagles

If the Colts left Indianapolis, I would follow that organization to whichever city they choose to move to. Just like my grandpa did when they moved the first time.

What if they moved to LA, called themselves the LA Centaurs, and wore lime green and brown? That would be a completely different team, but they would still be the same organization.

I just don't get how people fail to understand, that some of us will continue to root for Peyton even in a different uniform. We're still Colts fans, but we also will root for Peyton. Each team's success does not help or hinder the other's.

This is the danger of quoting so many people at once. I really doubt we are all saying the exact samething. For example I never once wanted to push Peyton aside. I love the guy. Like I said at the time the fact he isn't here anymore and is now in Denver still seems sir real to me. I am not exactly sure when that will fully set in with me.

As for the Giants yes Eli Manning help draw me to them. With that said the Giants weren't my second favorite team as soon as Eli got there. Frankly it took till the 2007 NFCCG when I found myself pulling for the GIants over the Packers who had been my second favorite team up till then to realize the Giants had become my second favorite team. With that said while Eli drew me in he's not the only reason I like the Giants. They have two other very strong ties to Indiana on that team. Their punter is from Indiana and Mathias Kiwanuka is from Indianapolis and I got watch my high school play against him in high school and saw my college play against him in college so I also enjoy them. Since I've been following the Giants I've grown to like other things about the team beyond just Eli. I have huge respect for Tom Coughlin I even liked him with the Jags. So it's not just Eli that makes me like the Giants and I would dare say if Eli left I would still like the Giants. I also think it's worth pointing out I said before we released Peyton that if Peyton wasn't a Colt Eli would probably be my favorite Manning just because I like his personality and how handles things. He's Tom Brady without the ego in terms of just being laid back and not letting things bother him.

As for Peyton with the Broncos it's going to take time to get used too for me. We'll see right now I am not sure if I can watch Peyton play for the Broncos not because I dislike him but because it's going to be really painful to watch. I am clearly not pulling for Peyton to fail just because he's not a Colt anymore. While I am excited to get to watch Luck and watch this team grow part of me wishes I could sleep threw the next five years and wait for Peyton to come home and get to retire a Colt.

Living here in NYC I've been watching the Giants since the late 80s when the Baltimore colts moved to Indy. However as much as I tried, I couldn't ever stop rooting for the Colts. Eli had nothing to do with it but it helps.

We'll have a variety of opinions on this and that is fine.

But I root for the Colts..... period.

ALL other NFL teams are the enemy.... AFC South, AFC and NFC.... in that order.

The bolded words were my exact thoughts while I was reading this thread. :)

It's a shame "Colts fans" voted Broncos as their favorite team.

OTOH who really cares what others do. I think we're all happy about our own decisions, and how someone else votes on a message board isn't really important in the scheme of life.

can we be the village people from Frankenstein and chase the 4 people who voted the broncos will be their first team out of this forum

Can people stop telling others who can and cannot post here? It is open to all football fans, please remember that.

Colts fan since I was old enough to root for football (since Johnny U) and will stay that way... but always have a soft spot for my favorite players. don't like Denver specifically because of that ****** Elway, but will have to root for Peyton to do well.

1 Colts by a country mile

2 Adopted hometown of ATL, so Falcons a distant second

3 Agree with several of you- whatever team plays NE

4 Then I like to follow players- guys that played at my College, favorite players like Manning, etc. especially when it comes playoff time