Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are The Broncos Your Second Team Now?

Mexicolt

Are the Broncos your second team now?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Broncos your second favorite team?

• Yes I am BronColt!
    • No, I don't care about them
    • Second? They are my first team now!

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll make my skin crawl, but I'll wear an 18 Broncos jersey. And if Tebow gets traded to Jacksonville it'll be like Manning's still helping us win the AFC South. :P

Yes. Peyton helped us a tad. We can handle Tebow.

Mario Williams stayed out of the South thanks to TN chasing Peyton.

I didn't care about them before and can't say I really care about them now....

I might follow them a bit to see how Peyton does, but really don't care if they win or lose.....unless they're playing the Colts or Pats.

Colts period! I find it hard to see anyone that was around for the '84 power play that Elway pulled against the Colts to even consider Denver being their second fave???????????? But hey thats me....I will just be glad when the Colts Forum goes back to being about Colts.................

Colts period! I find it hard to see anyone that was around for the '84 power play that Elway pulled against the Colts to even consider Denver being their second fave???????????? But hey thats me....I will just be glad when the Colts Forum goes back to being about Colts.................

most these kids don't remember that or were Bears fans when it happened.I hate it that that horsetooth Elway got Manning .Wish them both the worst of luck from now on.

They won't be a "favorite" team, but I will watch every game and root for Peyton.

Last year, I got sucked into the "Tebow thing" and watched them because of that but I didn't have any "love" for the broncos.

You could remove every player from the Colts and start fresh and I'd still bleed Blue.

It's not about the individual players for me. They (temporarily) just become part of the overall "package".

Players come and go. Some sooner than others.

colts are my favorite team. i also like the ravens (home town) and i peyton is the GOAT.

1. :coltslogo:

2. :manning: :goat:

3. :ravens:

however, in a playoff game between the broncos and the colts (if it happens) i will vote for the broncos only because peyton has a limited amount of time left. after he retires my list will come into affect again

1. :coltslogo:

2. :ravens:

ta-da :lombardi::blueshoe:

I don't get how people would say no to this. These teams don't even play each other this year. You gotta root for the guy that carried the team for so long. Heck I still rooted for Edge down in Arizona and Seattle. It's nice to see your guys do well in another city. If the Colts are 4-12 and the Broncos are playing in the AFC Championship game, how could they not be your backup team. Come on guys.

Clearly for the purposes of this poll, it's the same thing. This poll wasn't created randomly by some guy who happens to like the Broncos - if you want Peyton to continue to succeed, than by definition you are rooting for the Broncos.

no more than anyone playing fantasy football. I'll be interested in what Manning does for sure. Maybe the Broncos can move up to my 'teams that i'm ok with winning'.

Colts will always be #1.

2nd for the past 10 yrs has been whoever plays the Patriots.

I was a Baltimore Colts fan, so I have always hated Elway and Denver. Now it comes down to this, "do I hate Elway more than I like Peyton and want him to succeed?". I guess I like Peyton more, so unless it has any effect on the Colts, I will root for Denver to win.

If the Broncos were playing someone that if the other team won it would hurt the Patriots, I might have to root against Peyton in that case also.

The whole "second team" thing has always sounded odd to me.

Along with second wife, second girlfriend, second mistress.........oops, one of those is actually too much.......second vacation home, second lunch, second childhood.........

:D I'm up for second lunch anyway.

Speaking of second childhoods, when I was a kid I had one of those mini helmet sets with one for each team. When I wasn't lining them up like players on the field (with my multiple Colts helmets in the skill positions of course) I was lining them up in a single elimination tournament. Do I like this team more than this team? On and on, until I had them ranked first through last. Obviously the Colts were never remotely challenged for number one, but the others have fluctuated often over the years with player, uniform, circumstance and mood changes. I'm not sure where the helmets are, but I do the same thing now with pad and paper just by way of doodling. I find it fun, and never quite grasped the idea of viewing all other teams as the enemy. I'm not sure how someone enjoys a game that the Colts aren't playing in if they think like that. I have NO problems what-so-ever with embracing the Broncos. I'm looking forward to their upcoming season with considerable enthusiasm. That doesn't diminish my affection or loyalty to the Colts one iota - it just means that I need to save more room on the DVR.

Peyton means about as much to me now as Eli did before Peyton was cut. Familiar name, not quite the same player. I will just marvel at the athlete. Always will miss the Manning era, but it's the past now and it's time to move on. Peyton is in the same league as Unitas now. Peyton left us with nothing but good feelings, and I'm content with that. Wish him the best of luck, but I hope he loses every time if it affects the Colts in anyway.

I just want to get a feel from you guys.

I know I am a Colts fan who will cheer for Peyton every time he takes the field unless he plays us.

So...

i have only one team the colts but i will root for denver when they play the pats,as i root for everyone who plays them