Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are The Broncos Your Second Team Now?

Mexicolt

Are the Broncos your second team now?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Broncos your second favorite team?

• Yes I am BronColt!
    • No, I don't care about them
    • Second? They are my first team now!

I'm following their team and definitely rooting for them, but their forum sure won't be my second home. Was warned for "trolling" within a few hours and given infraction points. I very carefully and graciously PM'd the mod saying that there must have been some mistake. I said "please" and "thank you for your time", only asking very politely for some clarity as to how he perceived my post as trolling.....banned for 45 days for "harassing a moderator".

Many of them are very nice, but any of you that may go there, some of them are nasty jerks, including the mods. Apparently the guy that banned me is a tebow nut and I think they're getting really annoyed at the Colts fans there. I've seen plenty of nasty uncalled for comments to other posters. Very disrespectful to our team as well. It's almost like they want us to be jealous and angry about them stealing Manning, even though our owner is responsible for that. They apparently allow trolling of Colts fans/opposing teams. Really gave me an appreciation for the mods here. You guys are great.

Wish I could join some of y'all there but that ain't happening. I wouldn't go back even after my ban is lifted. Real snotty jerks.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm following their team and definitely rooting for them, but their forum sure won't be my second home. Was warned for "trolling" within a few hours and given infraction points. I very carefully and graciously PM'd the mod saying that there must have been some mistake. I said "please" and "thank you for your time", only asking very politely for some clarity as to how he perceived my post as trolling.....banned for 45 days for "harassing a moderator".

Many of them are very nice, but any of you that may go there, some of them are nasty jerks, including the mods. Apparently the guy that banned me is a tebow nut and I think they're getting really annoyed at the Colts fans there. I've seen plenty of nasty uncalled for comments to other posters. Very disrespectful to our team as well. It's almost like they want us to be jealous and angry about them stealing Manning, even though our owner is responsible for that. They apparently allow trolling of Colts fans/opposing teams. Really gave me an appreciation for the mods here. You guys are great.

Wish I could join some of y'all there but that ain't happening. I wouldn't go back even after my ban is lifted. Real snotty jerks.

Just curious to which forum you went to. There is Denver broncos fan forum and also Bronco Country Fan Forum. The Bronco Country fans are really great just like the colt fans here (except for tebow maniacs).

The Broncos have been my second team for many years now. I loved watching John Elway play there, and I have followed them for years. Of course the Colts have always been first. Anyways, you can imagine how happy I am that if Peyton isn't with the Colts that he's with the Broncos. But there is no doubt in my mind that Peyton's true colors are Blue and White and always will be. He will go into the H.O.F. as a Colt not a Bronco.

Just curious to which forum you went to. There is Denver broncos fan forum and also Bronco Country Fan Forum. The Bronco Country fans are really great just like the colt fans here (except for tebow maniacs).

I don't want to start a forum war so I'd best not give that out. But I know some of our regulars here are visiting over there. I'll just say it was one of the two you listed.

hmm :hmm:, 45 days for harassing a moderator

I'm going to have to remember that as I usually only give 24 hours.

j/k

This is the danger of quoting so many people at once. I really doubt we are all saying the exact samething. For example I never once wanted to push Peyton aside. I love the guy. Like I said at the time the fact he isn't here anymore and is now in Denver still seems sir real to me. I am not exactly sure when that will fully set in with me.

As for Peyton with the Broncos it's going to take time to get used too for me. We'll see right now I am not sure if I can watch Peyton play for the Broncos not because I dislike him but because it's going to be really painful to watch. I am clearly not pulling for Peyton to fail just because he's not a Colt anymore. While I am excited to get to watch Luck and watch this team grow part of me wishes I could sleep threw the next five years and wait for Peyton to come home and get to retire a Colt.

Sorry for grouping people, I didn't feel like asking the same question four times. I did see a theme, and was curious what the reason for it was. As I said, I've lived in the NY market my whole life, but that's hardly representative of the board. . To see 10% or so of the responders name that team had me scratching my head. I would have expected peoples 2nd favorites to be pretty random, with maybe a few extra Bears, Ravens, Packers or whatever. The Giants? The only time that I hear people talking about the Giants on here is because of Eli.

Personally I have no problems embracing Peyton on his new team, and have no desire to sleep through any of it. In fact I want to treasure every snap. In fact I can't wait for their season to start. The Colts, on the other hand, will require an entirely different mindset to "enjoy", and I'm not mentally prepared for that yet. It's a brutal adjustment. While the fact that Peyton is "gone" is utterly sickening, the internet (and the fact that I can just change Directv channels and still watch) goes a LONG way towards making the Colts rebuilding pains tolerable. After a year of garbage football and missing Peyton, I'm probably looking forward to the Broncos games even more than the Colts games. I'm going to hang on every snap, and as the Broncos fans embrace him I'll feel nothing but pride. Compared to possibly watching him floundering with a rebuilding Colts team (including a GM who I still don't feel comfortable with, who very likely would resent him being here) I'm satisfied with this outcome. Thank goodness the Broncos have a lot of 4:00 starts. I have to start getting my wife used to the idea now actually. I won't be giving her back control of the tv quite as early next year as I have in the past. (And maybe I won't feel like the annual subscription cost is such a ripoff).

Sorry for grouping people, I didn't feel like asking the same question four times. I did see a theme, and was curious what the reason for it was. As I said, I've lived in the NY market my whole life, but that's hardly representative of the board. . To see 10% or so of the responders name that team had me scratching my head. I would have expected peoples 2nd favorites to be pretty random, with maybe a few extra Bears, Ravens, Packers or whatever. The Giants? The only time that I hear people talking about the Giants on here is because of Eli.

Personally I have no problems embracing Peyton on his new team, and have no desire to sleep through any of it. In fact I want to treasure every snap. In fact I can't wait for their season to start. The Colts, on the other hand, will require an entirely different mindset to "enjoy", and I'm not mentally prepared for that yet. It's a brutal adjustment. While the fact that Peyton is "gone" is utterly sickening, the internet (and the fact that I can just change Directv channels and still watch) goes a LONG way towards making the Colts rebuilding pains tolerable. After a year of garbage football and missing Peyton, I'm probably looking forward to the Broncos games even more than the Colts games. I'm going to hang on every snap, and as the Broncos fans embrace him I'll feel nothing but pride. Compared to possibly watching him floundering with a rebuilding Colts team (including a GM who I still don't feel comfortable with, who very likely would resent him being here) I'm satisfied with this outcome. Thank goodness the Broncos have a lot of 4:00 starts. I have to start getting my wife used to the idea now actually. I won't be giving her back control of the tv quite as early next year as I have in the past. (And maybe I won't feel like the annual subscription cost is such a ripoff).

Whilst lots of fans do have 'second' teams, I'd suggest the passion they feel for those teams is about 10%, compared to their #1. Is there any 9/11 sympathy that drags people to the Giants now? Genuine question. Nobody can be drawn to the Jets surely!?

I've only seen great seasons up until last year. And that was a kind of a write off. We had no plan. It was just survival. Now we have a plan, and even if it is a 3 / 5 / 10 year one, it doesn't matter. We have one. And I'm look forward to it.

If it backfires, then we'll all have to suck it up.

And I've now changed my mind on Peyton and the Broncos. If they win a few more SB's, it will place Polian back down where he belongs. Over-rated and lucky that he picked 'heads' in 1998.....

The Broncos have been my second team for many years now. I loved watching John Elway play there, and I have followed them for years. Of course the Colts have always been first. Anyways, you can imagine how happy I am that if Peyton isn't with the Colts that he's with the Broncos. But there is no doubt in my mind that Peyton's true colors are Blue and White and always will be. He will go into the H.O.F. as a Colt not a Bronco.

If he wins a couple of SB's in Denver, I wouldn't be so sure of that.

No but Peyton is still my favorite player. I will follow his career until he retires and if he can get them a couple of rings, good for them, but I wish it for Peyton. I will always be a Colts fan. Nothing Peyton does changes that, but nothing the Colts do takes away from me only wanting the best for Peyton also.

What if they moved to LA, called themselves the LA Centaurs, and wore lime green and brown? That would be a completely different team, but they would still be the same organization. I just don't get how people fail to understand, that some of us will continue to root for Peyton even in a different uniform. We're still Colts fans, but we also will root for Peyton. Each team's success does not help or hinder the other's.

Now you're talking about two separate things. It's different wishing Peyton well in his future career than to say you now have a 2nd team to root for. The thread is titled "Are the Broncos Your Second Team Now," not "Will You Continue to Support Peyton." For any Colts fan to say they would not like Peyton to do well is absurd considering all he has done for the team/organization/city. However, if he faces the Colts in the playoffs this year, in no way shape nor form will I be rooting for he and the Broncos to win. People are just acting like no team has ever had their star player be traded/released/retired. It sucks, yes, but it happens. Being a female and a Colts fan, I have to constantly defend myself when someone asks me who my favorite NFL team is because I always get the response that I'm a bandwagoner. Not the case at all, I was a fan way before PM was drafted. Now these Colts "fans" saying they're supporting a different or another team is ridiculous. I can take supporting Manning, but not supporting another team as a whole.

Now you're talking about two separate things. It's different wishing Peyton well in his future career than to say you now have a 2nd team to root for. The thread is titled "Are the Broncos Your Second Team Now," not "Will You Continue to Support Peyton." For any Colts fan to say they would not like Peyton to do well is absurd considering all he has done for the team/organization/city. However, if he faces the Colts in the playoffs this year, in no way shape nor form will I be rooting for he and the Broncos to win. People are just acting like no team has ever had their star player be traded/released/retired. It sucks, yes, but it happens. Being a female and a Colts fan, I have to constantly defend myself when someone asks me who my favorite NFL team is because I always get the response that I'm a bandwagoner. Not the case at all, I was a fan way before PM was drafted. Now these Colts "fans" saying they're supporting a different or another team is ridiculous. I can take supporting Manning, but not supporting another team as a whole.

Drawing lines in the sand like this only angers people who happen to feel differently than you. Try to understand that in this case it is virtually impossible to separate the ideas of "rooting for a player" from "rooting for a team". When Tom Seaver was traded to the Reds, I was a huge Reds fan on approximately every fifth day. The rest of the time I couldn't care less what they did. It never affected my loyalties one iota. When Guy Lafleur signed with the Rangers I would watch the occasional game, but was just hoping that he would show some flashes of his old magic. When he didn't happen to be on the ice I barely paid attention, and I couldn't care less about the outcome. When Bob Sanders was with the Chargers I mostly hoped that he would be well regarded but not do anything that might give the Chargers an advantage over the Colts in the AFC. I didn't watch at all. When Edge was with the Cardinals I just looked at his stats occasionally and saw a few minutes here and there. I didn't bother "rooting" for them until they made their Super Bowl run. Believe me, if they had faced the Colts in the SB, it would have been Colts 100%.

But we are talking about Peyton Manning here, and we are talking about the QB position, and we are talking about the Colts rebuilding in his absence. I will root for the Colts JUST as hard as ever, but I want Peyton's legacy to continue to grow until he rides off into the sunset with even Brady and Elway fans applauding and nodding their heads in appreciation. I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to root for "Peyton to do well", but not to win. With a QB, doing well IS winning. The only exception would be if the Broncos faced the Colts, in which case I would want Peyton to look brilliant but for the Colts to be just a hair better.

And by the way, the fact that the chances of the teams meeting in the playoffs this year is virtually non-existent is part of the story.

Whilst lots of fans do have 'second' teams, I'd suggest the passion they feel for those teams is about 10%, compared to their #1. Is there any 9/11 sympathy that drags people to the Giants now? Genuine question. Nobody can be drawn to the Jets surely!?

I've only seen great seasons up until last year. And that was a kind of a write off. We had no plan. It was just survival. Now we have a plan, and even if it is a 3 / 5 / 10 year one, it doesn't matter. We have one. And I'm look forward to it.

If it backfires, then we'll all have to suck it up.

And I've now changed my mind on Peyton and the Broncos. If they win a few more SB's, it will place Polian back down where he belongs. Over-rated and lucky that he picked 'heads' in 1998.....

Whilst ( :D) I agree, this situation is different than anything I've experienced before. I've had lots of teams that I like a little, but I usually don't even bother familiarizing myself with their roster. In this case I honestly want the Broncos to succeed because I want Peyton to go out in style. It doesn't reduce my passion for the Colts one iota, and when Peyton retires they will slip down the radar screen. My secondary interests are normally light-years behind my Colts interests, and they fluctuate wildly. IE: the Packers used to be one of my least favorite teams, but my wife likes them so now they are near the top of my list. I HATE being at odds with her. That doesn't mean that either of us watch more than about 3% of their games. I would find doing so tedious beyond belief, and my wife can't stand the stress of a close game - starting to yell obscenities at the tv within about 30 seconds ( :hide: ). She really just wants to know how they did (and I feel no passion what so ever). But Peyton is different. I will be watching every snap of the Broncos while Peyton is there with fervor.

I hadn't thought about 9/11 with the Giants (and Jets as well, despite their inane history and head coach). Good point.

I do feel for fans who weren't prepared for the Colts to slip back to reality - I've been anticipating this moment with trepidation for years. As an old Colt fan who hated Bob Irsay with a raging passion, and who endured way too much losing, I've approached the last few years very carefully. A couple of years back I got a DVD recorder (not specifically for the Colts, but it helps), and I started to methodically record every game. I told myself over and over "Peyton is a once in a lifetime QB, this isn't going to last forever - treasure it". I've dreaded what would happen when he left and things weren't so great, but I never expected last year. That was a nightmare for all of us, and many of my dvd disks went into the garbage while they were still warm, not into a holder to be savored like previous years. Just brutal. I don't know how you wrap your head around that if you are young (in particular) and have only seen the good stuff. What we watched the past 14 years wasn't normal, and without the proper perspective a younger fan may spend the rest of their sports fan life feeling that everything since then in that sport has fallen short. I've been there actually with a different sport. Not fun - it just dulls the senses and the ability to appreciate the modest successes when they (finally) come. I'll enjoy the Colts rebuilding process as well, and I'm extremely optimistic, but the odds of another stretch like that (or for Luck to be remotely as good as Peyton) are slim.

I've changed my opinion on Polian somewhat. Early last season I couldn't wrap my head around a "Super Bowl caliber team" slipping so fast. I was confident that with Peyton there, they would have made another run. Now I accept the weaknesses in the roster. I still maintain that Polian was largely responsible for the Colts earlier success, but that requires acknowledging that there were vast differences between the 2004-2007 squads, and last year. Teams get old fast in the NFL, and the Polians failed to maintain the roster. They didn't draft well enough to have replacements ready as contracts expired, and then they overpaid to keep people. It's hard to know what to make of the endless injury problems - fair to blame someone, or was it just bad luck - but the slip in the o-line in particular was simply unacceptable, and perhaps even a contributing factor in Peytons health issues. This didn't have to happen.

Niners/Bears split my 2nd favorite team. I know it's wierd since those teams don't actually like each other, and heck the Bears fans don't even like the Colts. I loved watching the Niners when I was a kid with Montana and Rice, call me a weather fan, I was at that age. It's nice to see them good again, I like Harbaugh when he was here and they are a fun team to watch IMO. Then again I love to watch great defensive play. As far as the Bears go, I like most Chicago teams minus the White Sox, the Colts and IU are my only non-Chicago based teams I cheer for. I was a Pacers fan, but after the Artest mess and all the arrests that nonsense had to go.

Drawing lines in the sand like this only angers people who happen to feel differently than you. Try to understand that in this case it is virtually impossible to separate the ideas of "rooting for a player" from "rooting for a team". When Tom Seaver was traded to the Reds, I was a huge Reds fan on approximately every fifth day. The rest of the time I couldn't care less what they did. It never affected my loyalties one iota. When Guy Lafleur signed with the Rangers I would watch the occasional game, but was just hoping that he would show some flashes of his old magic. When he didn't happen to be on the ice I barely paid attention, and I couldn't care less about the outcome. When Bob Sanders was with the Chargers I mostly hoped that he would be well regarded but not do anything that might give the Chargers an advantage over the Colts in the AFC. I didn't watch at all. When Edge was with the Cardinals I just looked at his stats occasionally and saw a few minutes here and there. I didn't bother "rooting" for them until they made their Super Bowl run. Believe me, if they had faced the Colts in the SB, it would have been Colts 100%.

But we are talking about Peyton Manning here, and we are talking about the QB position, and we are talking about the Colts rebuilding in his absence. I will root for the Colts JUST as hard as ever, but I want Peyton's legacy to continue to grow until he rides off into the sunset with even Brady and Elway fans applauding and nodding their heads in appreciation. I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to root for "Peyton to do well", but not to win. With a QB, doing well IS winning. The only exception would be if the Broncos faced the Colts, in which case I would want Peyton to look brilliant but for the Colts to be just a hair better.

And by the way, the fact that the chances of the teams meeting in the playoffs this year is virtually non-existent is part of the story.

If I could like this 1,000 times I would.

Whilst ( :D) I agree, this situation is different than anything I've experienced before. I've had lots of teams that I like a little, but I usually don't even bother familiarizing myself with their roster. In this case I honestly want the Broncos to succeed because I want Peyton to go out in style. It doesn't reduce my passion for the Colts one iota, and when Peyton retires they will slip down the radar screen. My secondary interests are normally light-years behind my Colts interests, and they fluctuate wildly. IE: the Packers used to be one of my least favorite teams, but my wife likes them so now they are near the top of my list. I HATE being at odds with her. That doesn't mean that either of us watch more than about 3% of their games. I would find doing so tedious beyond belief, and my wife can't stand the stress of a close game - starting to yell obscenities at the tv within about 30 seconds ( :hide: ). She really just wants to know how they did (and I feel no passion what so ever). But Peyton is different. I will be watching every snap of the Broncos while Peyton is there with fervor.

I hadn't thought about 9/11 with the Giants (and Jets as well, despite their inane history and head coach). Good point.

I do feel for fans who weren't prepared for the Colts to slip back to reality - I've been anticipating this moment with trepidation for years. As an old Colt fan who hated Bob Irsay with a raging passion, and who endured way too much losing, I've approached the last few years very carefully. A couple of years back I got a DVD recorder (not specifically for the Colts, but it helps), and I started to methodically record every game. I told myself over and over "Peyton is a once in a lifetime QB, this isn't going to last forever - treasure it". I've dreaded what would happen when he left and things weren't so great, but I never expected last year. That was a nightmare for all of us, and many of my dvd disks went into the garbage while they were still warm, not into a holder to be savored like previous years. Just brutal. I don't know how you wrap your head around that if you are young (in particular) and have only seen the good stuff. What we watched the past 14 years wasn't normal, and without the proper perspective a younger fan may spend the rest of their sports fan life feeling that everything since then in that sport has fallen short. I've been there actually with a different sport. Not fun - it just dulls the senses and the ability to appreciate the modest successes when they (finally) come. I'll enjoy the Colts rebuilding process as well, and I'm extremely optimistic, but the odds of another stretch like that (or for Luck to be remotely as good as Peyton) are slim.

I've changed my opinion on Polian somewhat. Early last season I couldn't wrap my head around a "Super Bowl caliber team" slipping so fast. I was confident that with Peyton there, they would have made another run. Now I accept the weaknesses in the roster. I still maintain that Polian was largely responsible for the Colts earlier success, but that requires acknowledging that there were vast differences between the 2004-2007 squads, and last year. Teams get old fast in the NFL, and the Polians failed to maintain the roster. They didn't draft well enough to have replacements ready as contracts expired, and then they overpaid to keep people. It's hard to know what to make of the endless injury problems - fair to blame someone, or was it just bad luck - but the slip in the o-line in particular was simply unacceptable, and perhaps even a contributing factor in Peytons health issues. This didn't have to happen.

Very good post. Excellent in fact. And the 'bold' part is important. Not to say that 'Peyton first' fans are in the wrong.

If Polian is happy with the GM of the Decade accolade for taking Manning and inheriting Marvin and Tarik, then he must accept the Razzie for 'worst performance in a supporting act' for the last few years of his tenure....

Been a Colts fan my entire life... not happy Peyton is gone but given the circumstances with the season and where the team is I agree with the decision to go after the next 10 years with Luck.

I will be a secondary Bronco's fan only because of Manning... I do remember the Elway situation and as bad as it was, from Elway's prospective the owner (the late Irsay) was a meglomaniac and had just pulled the team out of Baltimore in the dead of night (plus the Colts at the time were just horrendous)... I live in Cleveland and the original Browns pull out had a three year advance notice followed by "The Last Season" wind down before they left... The owner at the time (Moddell) is still a villified character in Cleveland... so to have an owner like Irsay leave town with no notice was much worse... I don't agree or condone Elway's actions but just stating what the situation was at the time...

Peyton's contract is 5 years... if he plays that long I will be a Colts fan and root for the Bronco's when they aren't playing Indy. If the two teams meet in the AFC title game, sorry Peyton but I'm a Colt. As soon as Peyton goes so will I from the Broncos bandwagon.

Been a Colts fan my entire life... not happy Peyton is gone but given the circumstances with the season and where the team is I agree with the decision to go after the next 10 years with Luck.

I will be a secondary Bronco's fan only because of Manning... I do remember the Elway situation and as bad as it was, from Elway's prospective the owner (the late Irsay) was a meglomaniac and had just pulled the team out of Baltimore in the dead of night (plus the Colts at the time were just horrendous)... I live in Cleveland and the original Browns pull out had a three year advance notice followed by "The Last Season" wind down before they left... The owner at the time (Moddell) is still a villified character in Cleveland... so to have an owner like Irsay leave town with no notice was much worse... I don't agree or condone Elway's actions but just stating what the situation was at the time...

Peyton's contract is 5 years... if he plays that long I will be a Colts fan and root for the Bronco's when they aren't playing Indy. If the two teams meet in the AFC title game, sorry Peyton but I'm a Colt. As soon as Peyton goes so will I from the Broncos bandwagon.

Actually the Elway situation occurred first, and if he HAD come to the Colts it's entirely possible that the renewed interest would have kept the Colts in Baltimore. Your reason for forgiving Elway is actually one of the reasons that I always hated him. But I've gotten over all that thanks to time and to Peyton's obvious respect and fondness for him.

(Bert Jones was my childhood favorite by the way.).

I'll certainly watch the Broncos now that Peyton is there, but I'm a Colts fan with 2nd favorite of the Giants (due to the fact my wife's family are all Giants fans...hey, I'm not stupid...LOL).

Also, I'll NEVER root for any team that has John Elway associated with it!

(Bert Jones was my childhood favorite by the way.).

Mine too, I had Bert's jersey with my plastic Horseshoe helmet and shoulder pads for sand lot football.... I didn't recall which came first Elway or the move but either way the older Irsay was not very stable... again I don't forgive Elway at all, the draft was the draft and he should have played but I can give him at least some leeway for his viewpoint...

Mine too, I had Bert's jersey with my plastic Horseshoe helmet and shoulder pads for sand lot football.... I didn't recall which came first Elway or the move but either way the older Irsay was not very stable... again I don't forgive Elway at all, the draft was the draft and he should have played but I can give him at least some leeway for his viewpoint...

Yeah it's tough. It was very easy to hate him and root against him. I never liked his personality much either - just looking at him rubbed me the wrong way. But he's less of an obnoxious _______ than he used to be, and I'm trying to see him through Peyton's eyes, and through a Bronco fans eyes. More importantly, while I have no respect for his decision since it violates one of the basic tenants of the game, and while it hurt tremendously, I can understand why he did it. I find myself with two conflicting view-points: a) standing as a loyal Colt fan and just feeling personally offended and disrespected (he didn't want to play for US), b) standing as a Colts fan who detested Robert Irsay so much that I was actually happy when he got sick and lost control of the team. I'm embarrassed to say that - it's not like me - but Robert Irsay made being a Colts fan suck for a VERY long time. I wouldn't have wanted to play for him either. Elway had options. All he really said was "I'd rather play for the Yankees than play for possibly the worst owner in professional sports". That's not an unreasonable position to take.

I appreciated it during Peyton's introductory press conference when a reporter asked something about the irony about "doing it" (my words) to the Colts again all these years later. Elway just looked at the guy like he was nuts and said in a very quiet voice "no, only YOU would think that _____). Somehow I doubt that he's proud of that part of his legacy. He later said "I want to make Peyton Manning the greatest quarterback who ever lived". QBs have enormous egos by default, and that's a very strong statement to come out of the mouth of a guy whose audience that day largely considers HIM to be the best QB who ever lived. He also described in amusing detail the childish joy that he and John Fox felt upon learning that Peyton was coming. I'm having a lot of trouble holding onto my resentment.

The Broncos are most definately my 2nd team now. Colts will always be first. But I see nothing wrong or nothing disloyal to the Colts to rooting for the man that led us for 14 years to continue to be successful and continue to win. Remember, if Peyton had his choice, he'd still be in Colts blue. He did nothing wrong, IMO. I thought Peyton's Bronco's presser was good ...I think he looked slightly unsettled, like he was thinking, "how in the world did I get here?" That's to be expected though.

As "workinman" also said above, my third favorite team is whomever is playing the Pats. No amount of time, lack of Peyton Manning will ever erase my utter contempt and dislike for that team. ;-)

I am only a true fan to the Colts. But I have other teams I dislike less than the others. The Broncos were already one of those teams. Now they are prolly my 2nd favorite followed by Giants. But its kinda like this:

1. Colts

2. Broncos

3. Giants

4....-31

32. Patriots

Statistics are fascinating. About 200 people have voted now, and the breakdown is virtually identical to what it was at 150 votes, 100 votes, and probably 50 votes. I understand the basic math involved in predicting dice rolls and the like, but I've never been comfortable with math being used to predict human responses. As unlikely as it sounds, the next 50 people voting could all pick the same option and change the totals completely. How could anybody possibly know that they won't, particularly when they can see the existing votes and perhaps let that influence their behavior?

Yet somehow statisticians "know" that they won't and on this basis will predict elections. I actually enjoy it on those incredibly rare occasions when a network makes an incorrect prediction - if for no other reason than so that they doubt themselves, and wait a little longer next time.

I'm rooting for Tim Tebow in New York to make John Elway look foolish.. lol

I'm rooting for the Tebow boys to force Rex Ryan's hand when Sanchez inevitably sucks again, and Tebow to get the start.....just to see him throw for 95 yards and complete 40% of his passes, and everyone to exclaim about how he's such an AMAZING Quarterback...lol.

Edited by shecolt
insulting nickname

I'm rooting for the Tebow boys to force Rex Ryan's hand when Sanchez inevitably sucks again, and Tebow to get the start.....just to see him throw for 95 yards and complete 40% of his passes, and everyone to exclaim about how he's such an AMAZING Quarterback...lol.

Either way I could care less about the jets. sanchez sucks, tebow statistically sucks but keeps winning. I just think it would be funny if somehow Tebow beats Manning in a playoff game or something.