Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are The Broncos Your Second Team Now?

Mexicolt

Are the Broncos your second team now?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Broncos your second favorite team?

• Yes I am BronColt!
    • No, I don't care about them
    • Second? They are my first team now!

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly Frog come on, one press conference isn't going to change a statement he was saying for his entire career. He wants to play for one team. That is the one thing he truly cared about. I guess you wouldn't know that just jumping over from Stanford. It's cool though. We don't mind.

No we don't mind. Some of us like posters who use facts and logic. As far as I have been able to tell since rejoining this forum, frog is a true blue Colts fan who supports them 100% no matter what. He is not pining for the past either and is looking forward to the future.

He is not acting like Peyton is a super hero as well.

As far as I am concerned if Peyton did not realize there was an excellent chance he was leaving then he is not as smart as I thought he was. The signs were there for some time. I don't buy everything he says either, he is a great actor too.

No we don't mind. Some of us like posters who use facts and logic. As far as I have been able to tell since rejoining this forum, frog is a true blue Colts fan who supports them 100% no matter what. He is not pining for the past either and is looking forward to the future.

He is not acting like Peyton is a super hero as well.

As far as I am concerned if Peyton did not realize there was an excellent chance he was leaving then he is not as smart as I thought he was. The signs were there for some time. I don't buy everything he says either, he is a great actor too.

No one is making Peyton out to be a superhero. The fact is we had a better chance with Manning immediately and trading for more prospects. I don't see why everyone is okay with being competitive in a few years. You all act like you are guaranteed, God forbid, of being around in a few years. I don't think I'm the only one who wants to see us win as fast as possible.

Honestly Frog come on, one press conference isn't going to change a statement he was saying for his entire career. He wants to play for one team. That is the one thing he truly cared about. I guess you wouldn't know that just jumping over from Stanford. It's cool though. We don't mind.

And Manning had the ball in his court.... he refused to adjust, restructure, or whatever was on the plate for him to stay.

HE WANTED TO LEAVE. And nobody blames him. Circumstances warrant the teams actions, and Peyton's.

And Manning had the ball in his court.... he refused to adjust, restructure, or whatever was on the plate for him to stay.

HE WANTED TO LEAVE. And nobody blames him. Circumstances warrant the teams actions, and Peyton's.

Adjust why exactly? He knows he was capable of playing. I can guarantee he would have restructured if he couldn't earn what they gave him. Although the restructuring Irsay wanted was a last year victory lap for Peyton.

Adjust why exactly? He knows he was capable of playing. I can guarantee he would have restructured if he couldn't earn what they gave him. Although the restructuring Irsay wanted was a last year victory lap for Peyton.

Because Peyton stood on a stage and cried his little tears for the team "he loves" and the "fanbase he loves"...

He could still be here. But Peyton Manning knows he will get HIS one way or another. The team he loves is obviously not in front of his $$$$$

It's just business. And lets be honest, Manning is no different than any other Pro athlete out there.

Because Peyton stood on a stage and cried his little tears for the team "he loves" and the "fanbase he loves"...

He could still be here. But Peyton Manning knows he will get HIS one way or another. The team he loves is obviously not in front of his $$$$$

It's just business. And lets be honest, Manning is no different than any other Pro athlete out there.

Because taking the lesser deal is about money? Hmmmmmm.

Like I said, would you play for free in the NFL? Obviously, I wouldn't tell my owner that, but I would.

http://www.achieveme.../page/man0int-1

Also he didn't want to be paraded around just for one more year. He wanted to be the guy. He deserved to be the guy. Jim didn't want that.

But if he can play, he could do that for us this season and then he'd have the choice of whether to retire, with his number retired, the statue built and the whole thing.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/02/14/irsay.manning.contract/index.html#ixzz1mfTfLpmZ

One can have an opinion on whether it could be restructured or not.

One can have an opinion on whether the Colts would restructure it or not.

One can have an opinion on whether Manning would restructure it or not.

One thing that cannot be disputed. Peyton Manning was under contract with the Indianapolis Colts terminated his contract. Peyton Manning didn't terminate it. Jim Irsay and the Colts did.

One thing that cannot be disputed. Peyton Manning was under contract with the Indianapolis Colts terminated his contract. Peyton Manning didn't terminate it. Jim Irsay and the Colts did.

Thanks Firejim at least someone understands what happened. I don't know why others are arguing about something as black and white as this was. It's plain and simple Peyton was fired. Termination means fired. Nuff said. :hide:

They did... and why?

Team goes 2 - 14

Team is OLD and OVERPAID at all but ONE position.

Team gets the number 1 pick in the NFL Draft.

1 pick in the NFL Draft is the consensus best player since Manning some say Elway.

Oh... and bye the way.. in between all of that ..... Peyton had his 4th neck "procedure" ..... this last season sometime?.

The team is expected to not be very good in the "near" future. Irsay and MANNING talk about the state of the INDY Colts.

Manning is released... via a "mutual" parting of ways...

Suck is life in the NFL.

Exit Manning... Enter Andrew Luck

The Colts are very LUCKY....

Thanks Firejim at least someone understands what happened. I don't know why others are arguing about something as black and white as this was. It's plain and simple Peyton was fired. Termination means fired. Nuff said. :hide:

how do the words "fired" and "released" relate?

They did... and why?

Team goes 2 - 14

Team is OLD and OVERPAID at all but ONE position.

Team gets the number 1 pick in the NFL Draft.

1 pick in the NFL Draft is the consensus best player since Manning some say Elway.

Oh... and bye the way.. in between all of that ..... Peyton had his 4th neck "procedure" ..... this last season sometime?.

The team is expected to not be very good in the "near" future. Irsay and MANNING talk about the state of the INDY Colts.

Manning is released... via a "mutual" parting of ways...

Suck is life in the NFL.

Exit Manning... Enter Andrew Luck

The Colts are very LUCKY....

I stand by my previous statement. Everything else is conjecture.

Oh and how "LUCKY" the Colts are is yet to be seen.

I stand by my previous statement. Everything else is conjecture.

Oh and how "LUCKY" the Colts are is yet to be seen.

Regardless of how any of us feel.... What kills MOST GREAT NFL teams (most Pro teams in general)? Blind loyalty.

Indy had opportunity look them square in the face... and they took it.

You won't be disappointed.

Time will tell.

Regardless of how any of us feel.... What kills MOST GREAT NFL teams (most Pro teams in general)? Blind loyalty.

They had an opportunity. I'll give you that. Truth be told they had a few.

Again, time will tell whether it was a great, good, average, poor, or horrible choice.

Actually going back and listening to the Irsay and Manning presser...

It was a mutual agreement. So says Manning. Or ... am I missing something?

Great job UFROG for getting me to listen again... very solid evidence.

Great job UFROG for getting me to listen again... very solid evidence.

I don't care what they said. Peyton Manning was under contract and that contract was terminated by the Indianapolis Colts. That is indisputable.

As others have pointed out, it's quite obvious both sides have made "less than truthful statements over the years".

He was under contract and it was terminated.

Apparently some people think that PM was not telling the truth when he said, "Jim and I have spoken extensively about where we are today, and our conversations have led both of us to recognize that our circumstances make it best for us to take this next step." (see post #188, this thread. I posted the video)

Apparently, some people do not think that it was a mutual decision, despite what PM said.

I don't care what they said. Peyton Manning was under contract and that contract was terminated by the Indianapolis Colts. That is indisputable.

As others have pointed out, it's quite obvious both sides have made "less than truthful statements over the years".

He was under contract and it was terminated.

Bro... your agenda / feelings are seeping...

Apparently some people think that PM was not telling the truth when he said, "Jim and I have spoken extensively about where we are today, and our conversations have led both of us to recognize that our circumstances make it best for us to take this next step." (see post #188, this thread. I posted the video)

Apparently, some people do not think that it was a mutual decision, despite what PM said.

\

Aint it crazy...

Susie please watch Manning's farewell speech. when HE states how it was a "mutual" parting of ways.

Or is Peyton a .................... fibber?

Sorry I didn't say a thing about the farewell speech as you put it and I'm not arguing with you or anyone else. His contract was terminated and that's what happened. Sorry like I said before Nuff said. Done.

Funny thing.....I was in college in Boston when Brady took over once Bledsoe got nailed. Some real Pats fans then would say things like "The kid is lucky. Put in Bledsoe. He is experienced. We know he can win. Brady might >>> it up."

Sometimes you have to take a chance and like you said when the opportunity hits ya in the face.......

Not saying Luck is the next Tom Brady btw.....

But, this opportunity is here and Irsay is taking the chance.

Sorry I didn't say a thing about the farewell speech as you put it and I'm not arguing with you or anyone else. His contract was terminated and that's what happened. Sorry like I said before Nuff said. Done.

Well OK then.......

I guess Manning is a ......

Funny thing.....I was in college in Boston when Brady took over once Bledsoe got nailed. Some real Pats fans then would say things like "The kid is lucky. Put in Bledsoe. He is experienced. We know he can win. Brady might >>> it up."

Sometimes you have to take a chance and like you said when the opportunity hits ya in the face.......

Not saying Luck is the next Tom Brady btw.....

But, this opportunity is here and Irsay is taking the chance.

Bledsoe could have won those three Super Bowls just like Tom did. They got them from hard nosed defensive football.

I'm stating a fact. I'm not the one with the agenda. I'm insulted at the accusation.

I go on Manning's WORDS... you?

The team and Manning agreed for Manning to be released. Does it go something like that behind closed doors?

You tell me, I don't know.

Bledsoe could have won those three Super Bowls just like Tom did. They got them from hard nosed defensive football.

Colts also won a SB with hard nosed defensive football in 2006 for 4 games.

It's okay to credit QBs not named Peyton once in a while.

Brady is an all time great whether we like it or not.

Colts also won a SB with hard nosed defensive football in 2006 for 4 games.

It's okay to credit QBs not named Peyton once in a while.

Brady is an all time great whether we like it or not.

I wasn't saying Brady is good. I'm stating Drew would have done the same thing.

The difference bewtween 01, 03, 04 and then our '06 is minus Manning that defense wouldn't even be in the playoffs. Can't say the same about the Pats.

Neither you or I have the facts on any of what you stated above. I can easily say...Peyton wanted to structure the contract, but Irsay said no and go on to say that this is after all just business..Irsay didn't give a hoot about the guy who helped turned thi franchise around.

AND if either was the scenario....Irsay or Manning is the slightest at fault, it is what it is. If your job says stay here, be demoted and take less pay, then w'd love to have you.....

while you have 5 other companies vying for you....what would you do?

If you believe those "words" from Manning are untrue, then you really don't like Manning. One can feel the way he does as he says, and also learn to move on, I don't why the two scenarios cannot co-exist. It is called LIFE.

There are a few people in this Forum that "seems" anti Manning all of a sudden....I get it now I think those feelings are hurtt..some people process differently.

Fact: Jim Irsay said that the Colts will use its #1 overall draft pick in 2012 to draft either Luck of RG3.

Fact: Jim Irsay said that the Colts are rebuilding.

Fact: Jim Irsay fired the Polians and replaced them with Grigson.

Fact: The Colts fired Caldwell and most of the old coaching staff and replaced them with Pagano, and the new coaching staff.

Fact: PM said, "Jim and I have spoken extensively about where we are today, and our conversations have led both of us to recognize that our circumstances make it best for us to take this next step." (see post #188, this thread. I posted the video)

Fact: The Colts released PM after this press conference.

I wasn't saying Brady is good. I'm stating Drew would have done the same thing.

The difference bewtween 01, 03, 04 and then our '06 is minus Manning that defense wouldn't even be in the playoffs. Can't say the same about the Pats.

You can't prove it though can you. No.

It's a waste of time. The more time passes by the more I realize the man deserves credit for helping the Pats go to 5 SBs and winning 3.

Neither you or I have the facts on any of what you stated above. I can easily say...Peyton wanted to structure the contract, but Irsay said no and go on to say that this is after all just business..Irsay didn't give a hoot about the guy who helped turned thi franchise around.

AND if either was the scenario....Irsay or Manning is the slightest at fault, it is what it is. If your job says stay here, be demoted and take less pay, then w'd love to have you.....

while you have 5 other companies vying for you....what would you do?

If you believe those "words" from Manning are untrue, then you really don't like Manning. One can feel the way he does as he says, and also learn to move on, I don't why the two scenarios cannot co-exist. It is called LIFE.

There are a few people in this Forum that "seems" anti Manning all of a sudden....I get it now I think those feelings are hurtt..some people process differently.

Nobody is "anti" Manning... you threw out the business scenario...

RISK is always at the front of any business conversation.

Manning, like it or not has a LOT of risk right now. That is why Denver WONT GUARANTEE THE LENGTH OF HIS CONTRACT. Yet Peyton wanted Indy to. ??

It's all business, and I love the choice. Maybe Indy will get LUCKY

Fact: Jim Irsay said that the Colts will use its #1 overall draft pick in 2012 to draft either Luck of RG3.

Fact: Jim Irsay said that the Colts are rebuilding.

Fact: Jim Irsay fired the Polians and replaced them with Grigson.

Fact: The Colts fired Caldwell and most of the old coaching staff and replaced them with Pagano, and the new coaching staff.

Fact: PM said, "Jim and I have spoken extensively about where we are today, and our conversations have led both of us to recognize that our circumstances make it best for us to take this next step." (see post #188, this thread. I posted the video)

Fact: The Colts released PM after this press conference.

Didnt more potentially see it coming? All last season it seemed like "Suck for Luck" was more a reality as the weeks went by then a joke to me. ;)

And besides, both Peyton AND Irsay sometimes say things that are not 100% truthful. It's the game. I don't expect anyone in sports to be 100% honest all the time......

I would be more shocked if they were all honest all the time.....