Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are The Broncos Your Second Team Now?

Are the Broncos your second team now?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Broncos your second favorite team?

• Yes I am BronColt!
    • No, I don't care about them
    • Second? They are my first team now!

"Jim and I have spoken extensively about where we are today, and our conversations have led both of us to recognize that our circumstances make it best for us to take this next step."

You have a very interesting notion of what is mutual and what isn't mutual. I provided the bold above to Peyton's own words to highlight that the decision to separate was indeed mutual.

Is there honestly anyone more politically correct than Peyton? It's just a save face. It obviously worked because people believed it.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By his own words, PM is claiming the decision to part from the Colts to be a mutual decision. Do you still dispute this?

He also siad he was fine with sitting the starters when the team was 14-0. I think we all know that isnt true.

I see.

Forgive me for choosing to believe him when he said that it was a mutual decision for him to separate from the Colts.

I bet you believe all politicians as well. Did you believe irsay when he said peyton would be back if he wanted to be?

I bet you believe all politicians as well. Did you believe irsay when he said peyton would be back if he wanted to be?

I believe people until they have been proven to lie.

Yes, I believed Mr. Irsay when he said that Peyton would be back if he wanted to be.

Yes, I believed Peyton when he said that after his discussions with Mr. Irsay, that it would be best for them to separate.

Peyton said, "Jim and I have spoken extensively about where we are today, and our conversations have led both of us to recognize that our circumstances make it best for us to take this next step."

Apparently, Peyton did not want to be back.after the extensive discussions.

Honestly Frog come on, one press conference isn't going to change a statement he was saying for his entire career. He wants to play for one team. That is the one thing he truly cared about. I guess you wouldn't know that just jumping over from Stanford. It's cool though. We don't mind.

Honestly Frog come on, one press conference isn't going to change a statement he was saying for his entire career. He wants to play for one team. That is the one thing he truly cared about. I guess you wouldn't know that just jumping over from Stanford. It cool though.

Honestly, you must admit that either Peyton was telling the truth when he said it was a mutual decision to part with the Colts, or you must think he was lying when he said it.

I do not pretend to know what goes on in his head, as you do.

I can only take him at his own word, which apparently, I see that you don't.

Honestly, you must admit that either Peyton was telling the truth when he said it was a mutual decision to part with the Colts, or you must think he was lying when he said it.

I do not pretend to know what goes on in his head, as you do.

I can only take him at his own word, which apparently, I see that you don't.

You know he was lying. White lies were there to help Jim.

You know he was lying. White lies were there to help Jim.

You are mistaken.

I do not know that Peyton was lying.

On the contrary, I believe Peyton when he said it was a mutual decision to part with the Colts.

In fact, I have said so numerous times.

Please do not misrepresent me. That is dishonest.

Please, can you provide me with the exact quote?

Afterall, I provided you with the exact quote for your question.

I mean I'll try my best to find the report from 3 seasons ago.

You are mistaken.

I do not know that Peyton was lying.

On the contrary, I believe Peyton when he said it was a mutual decision to part with the Colts.

In fact, I have said so numerous times.

Please do not misrepresent me. That is dishonest.

Jim Irsay said, "If Peyton's healthy he is a Colt." Come one now.

Please, can you provide me with the exact quote?

Afterall, I provided you with the exact quote for your question.

I watched the press conference after the game.. But there is also this

"As a player, you follow orders, and you follow them with all your heart and that's what we've done as players. The guys that have been here, we support the decisions made, and we follow orders. Our orders were to go win the game," said Peyton Manning.

http://www.wthr.com/story/11738758/coach-caldwell-defends-decision-to-pull-starters?clienttype=printable&redirected=true

I watched the press conference after the game.. But there is also this

"As a player, you follow orders, and you follow them with all your heart and that's what we've done as players. The guys that have been here, we support the decisions made, and we follow orders. Our orders were to go win the game," said Peyton Manning.

http://www.wthr.com/...redirected=true

Thank you for providing me what Peyton said in regards to being pulled from the game.

I noticed that he did not say that he was happy about it.

Did you notice that too?

Thank you for providing me what Peyton said in regards to being pulled from the game.

I noticed that he did not say that he was happy about it.

Did you notice that too?

The happy part was my bad... But if you really beileve he "supported" the decision than you didnt watch the game.

Healthy enough to get a 95 million dollar contract

Indeed, he was deemed healthy enough by the Denver Broncos organization to sign a pay-as-you-go $96 million contract, which can be cancelled if his neck/nerve/arm pre-existing condition becomes a problem. To repeat what Mr. Irsay said a while back, that Peyton was never cleared to play for the Indianapolis Colts following his surgeries.

Indeed, he was deemed healthy enough by the Denver Broncos organization to sign a pay-as-you-go $96 million contract, which can be cancelled if his neck/nerve/arm pre-existing condition becomes a problem. To repeat what Mr. Irsay said a while back, that Peyton was never cleared to play for the Indianapolis Colts following his surgeries.

The only team doctors that didnt clear him to play.. The other teams that gave him physicals cleared him.

The happy part was my bad... But if you really beileve he "supported" the decision than you didnt watch the game.

Thank you for admitting that Peyton never claimed to be happy about that situation. Being happy about the decisions is not relevant in this situation.

Yes, I believe Peyton, when he said, that as players, he supported the decisions made, and he follows orders.

I would disbelieve him if he said that and then acted with insubordination and defied the decisions that were made.

Thank you for admitting that Peyton never claimed to be happy about that situation. Being happy about the decisions is not relevant in this situation.

Yes, I believe Peyton, when he said, that as players, he supported the decisions made, and he follows orders.

I would disbelieve him if he said that and then acted with insubordination and defied the decisions that were made.

How would he do that?? Go into the huddle and tell Painter to hit the bench?

The only team doctors that didnt clear him to play.. The other teams that gave him physicals cleared him.

Actually, you don't know that.

And representing that as fact is irresponsible.

We do not know if the 49ers, the Titans, or the Cardinals cleared PM to play for them. All we know is that PM worked out for them during their respective due diligence.

In fact, to this day, we still don't know if the Broncos have cleared PM to play for them.

Actually, you don't know that.

And representing that as fact is irresponsible.

We do not know if the 49ers, the Titans, or the Cardinals cleared PM to play for them. All we know is that PM worked out for them during their respective due diligence.

In fact, to this day, we still don't know if the Broncos have cleared PM to play for them.

Im guessing they did... call it a hunch

I don't see why you're defending this Frog. It has nothing to do with Luck. You can calm down. haha

I am plenty calm. Thank you for your concern.

I am defending Peyton's reputation of being an honest person.

Go figure.

Also, I think the truth is worthy of defending. But then, that may be just me.

You can guess all you want, but your guess is not fact until it comes to pass.

Representing your guesses as fact is still irresponsible, akin to what many fans claimed against several reporters.

Actually it isnt irresponsible at all... Im a fan, not a doctor or a team official.

I'm an old Colts fan who still can't get past Elways refusal to play for the Colts. I wish Peyton would have picked any of the other teams. As it is, unless a Broncos victory would help the Colts, I hope they lose every game.

Me to he was so arrogant

I am plenty calm. Thank you for your concern.

I am defending Peyton's reputation of being an honest person.

Go figure.

Also, I think the truth is worthy of defending. But then, that may be just me.

Peyton's white lies have nothing against his honesty. If Peyton told the truth, which we mostly all can guess, it would have caused more wrong than right. He did the right thing taking the bullet for Jim.

Peyton's white lies have nothing against his honesty. If Peyton told the truth, which we mostly all can guess, it would have caused more wrong than right. He did the right thing taking the bullet for Jim.

I have no reason to think Peyton lied at all.

Telling a white lie is lying.

IMO, lying, even telling a white lie, is being dishonest.

I have no reason to think Peyton lied at all.

Telling a white lie is lying.

IMO, lying, even telling a white lie, is being dishonest.

Well then you can think differently of Peyton if you like, but he is dishonest at times because it protects everyone from a media ^chiz^ storm. Like he did in '09 and like he did with the releasing.

Well then you can think differently of Peyton if you like, but he is dishonest at times because it protects everyone from a media ^chiz^ storm. Like he did in '09 and like he did with the releasing.

I do not think PM lied in 2009, when he said that as a player, he supported the decisions made, and followed orders.

I do not think PM lied in 2012, during the press conference announcing his release, when he said, "Jim and I have spoken extensively about where we are today, and our conversations have led both of us to recognize that our circumstances make it best for us to take this next step."

In both instances, I think PM told the truth.