Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are The Broncos Your Second Team Now?

Mexicolt

Are the Broncos your second team now?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Broncos your second favorite team?

• Yes I am BronColt!
    • No, I don't care about them
    • Second? They are my first team now!

Either way I could care less about the jets. sanchez sucks, tebow statistically sucks but keeps winning. I just think it would be funny if somehow Tebow beats Manning in a playoff game or something.

I fail to see the humor there. Tebow sucks statistically and professionally. When a team plays disciplined football, he can't move the ball. The only reason they won games was because of their defense.

For the record, I don't have anything against Tebow personally, it's the people that make him such a dominating force in the media that I have a problem with (Skip Bayless). A QB that 'just wins', often does so in spite of his poor play, because he's surrounded by superior talent.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to get a feel from you guys.

I know I am a Colts fan who will cheer for Peyton every time he takes the field unless he plays us.

So...

I was born and raised in Indiana. Now I live in Colorado. I always catch every Colts game here in Denver. I always root for my Colts. But over the years of going to other games and rooting for the Broncos I find my self really following them along with the Colts... It's bittersweet. I was very upset like every other Colts fan to lose Manning... But, now I can root for him in Denver. I will always be a Manning Fan. I will always root for the Colts when they come to town however. But it will be nice to see Manning in Denver... I think he is ready to prove everyone wrong

No, but I wish Peyton well!

Go Colts #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Lions, Go Bears (also, but not said not with as much zest)

#1 Colts. #2 Can't underestimate #18, Yoda, or "The Sheriff" EVER...Even with 15 seconds on the 4th quarter game clock.

Both your Lions & Bears will do exceptional things this year MIColtsFan. Megatron & Brandon Marshal are WR NFL Beasts & QB Jay Cutler is smart, tough as nails, & he has a cannon for an arm. Plus, with new RB Bush in the ground game watch out!!! I feel sorry for RB Matt Forte though.

I love Manning, so I will deff be rooting for the Broncos. I really think the colts will surprise people next year, considering expectations are really low as far as the team's success goes, but Manning will definitely will be enjoyable to watch playing on a different team. If he went to tennessee...thatd be a different story obivously

I thought I would root for the Broncos....until I saw Manning hold up his Bronco jersey. He had the same look that Eli had when he was drafted by the Chargers. Same smile, etc. He didn't look particularly excited.

I hope Manning does well with Denver, but not too well. Then, I hope he returns to the Colts organization in some capacity after he retires. He's a Colt, not a Bronco.

I thought I would root for the Broncos....until I saw Manning hold up his Bronco jersey. He had the same look that Eli had when he was drafted by the Chargers. Same smile, etc. He didn't look particularly excited.

I hope Manning does well with Denver, but not too well. Then, I hope he returns to the Colts organization in some capacity after he retires. He's a Colt, not a Bronco.

I think Manning was just jet lagged & exhausted from all his traveling obligations & nonstop media attention 24/7. Trust me, #18 is relieved to be working with HC John Fox & VP of Football Operations in Denver John Elway. 2 no nonsense football guys & top notch motivators & mentors for Peyton. Well said GwinnenettColt, #18 will always be an NFL Hall of Fame Colt to me as well. Just get 1 more ring Yoda AKA Peyton that's all I really want.

as much as I love Peyton and hate what has happened to him, I will never root for Broncos. I will definitely want Manning to do well there and I believe he will win his 5th MVP, but I just can't see me rooting for that team.

How about when they go to NE this year? C'mon....ya know you'll be rootin a 'lil bit, right?

The Broncos had always been my second team behind the colts. That is intill last year where tebowmania ruined it for me and bumped them out of the top 5 of my favorite teams. Now I'd say Colts<Ravens<Dolphins.

Don't ask why the Dolphins always have had a soft spot for them, In recent years, with the team managment it has gone down tho.

You have a strange problem with Manning. Funny seeing as the ring you proudly sport wouldn't be without him.

Actually, I think I kind of understand it. He doesn't want to see PM win with a team that isn't the Colts. He may interpret every win that PM has without the Colts diminishes PM's identity as a Colt.

Maybe he interprets any SB win that PM may get now will only detract from or dilute, the meaning of the one SB PM won with the Colts.

Actually, I think I kind of understand it. He doesn't want to see PM win with a team that isn't the Colts. He may interpret every win that PM has without the Colts diminishes PM's identity as a Colt.

Maybe he interprets any SB win that PM may get now will only detract from or dilute, the meaning of the one SB PM won with the Colts.

I understand your breakdown...but it is not a good way of thinking. Manning will always be a Colt - only one's thoughts can change that and or diminsh that.

1) Colts 2) Manning

Broncos don't bother me much, the only time I was so irritated with them was they lost their last 4 or something like, with games at hand, all they needed was to win one game, and couldn't....THUS we faced the 8th seed Charges and got bounced out of the playoffs.

I am a huge sports fan, Football, Hockey, Baseball, I watch and enjoy many teams. I don't believe I ever had a 2nd team, now I do. Peyton is just one of those guys.

Then take it up with Jim. Not Peyton. Plus this isn't his first time of doing it.

Hey, I'm not the one who has a problem with it. Silent Hill can think as he likes.

I was just providing a possible explanation and rationale to his thinking.

Wasn't directing it towards you. Just saying if anyone has a problem with Peyton not being a Colt take it up with Jim. Don't bash Peyton.

Wasn't directing it towards you. Just saying if anyone has a problem with Peyton not being a Colt take it up with Jim. Don't bash Peyton.

Or take it up with Manning perhaps? Or maybe Silent just doesn't like the Broncos.....? I've never liked them in the past, and I'm not jumping on their wagon now that our ex-QB has gone their in his hunt for more titles.

You have a strange problem with Manning. Funny seeing as the ring you proudly sport wouldn't be without him.

That was then and this is now. Let go of the past and move forward. It's not too hard to fathom that I'm a fan of the Colts.I want the Colts to win, and I want every other team and player to lose, except last season where after we were 0-8 I was rooting for us to lose because I knew it would improve the team for the future if we lost more games.

Maybe it's because I live in NY and I really don't care what Manning did for the city of Indianapolis, but to me he is just a QB, a great QB, but since he is no longer with my team I could care less about him.

Or take it up with Manning perhaps? Or maybe Silent just doesn't like the Broncos.....? I've never liked them in the past, and I'm not jumping on their wagon now that our ex-QB has gone their in his hunt for more titles.

It wasn't Peyton who did the releasing. Peyton wanted to be a Colt, and he was just saving face for Irsay.

That was then and this is now. Let go of the past and move forward. It's not too hard to fathom that I'm a fan of the Colts.I want the Colts to win, and I want every other team and player to lose, except last season where after we were 0-8 I was rooting for us to lose because I knew it would improve the team for the future if we lost more games.

Maybe it's because I live in NY and I really don't care what Manning did for the city of Indianapolis, but to me he is just a QB, a great QB, but since he is no longer with my team I could care less about him.

Still doesn't change the fact he won you your Super Bowl. A good luck could suffice doesn't make you a fan of the Broncos. Not darning him to failure.

It wasn't Peyton who did the releasing. Peyton wanted to be a Colt, and he was just saving face for Irsay.

I don't agree.

I think Peyton Manning did not want any part of a rebuilding team, that is going to draft a highly rated QB with its #1 overall draft pick.

I think Peyton Manning knows very well that he is nearing his retirement, and his mind set is on obtaining as many SB championships as possible before then.

I think Peyton Manning knows that his chances of accomplishing that goal would be severely limited on a rebuilding Colts team.

I believe Peyton Manning when he said that the decision to separate from the Colts was a mutual one.

I don't agree.

I think Peyton Manning did not want any part of a rebuilding team, that is going to draft a highly rated QB with its #1 overall draft pick.

I think Peyton Manning knows very well that he is nearing his retirement, and his mind set is on obtaining as many SB championships as possible before then.

I think Peyton Manning knows that his chances of accomplishing that goal would be severely limited on a rebuilding Colts team.

I believe Peyton Manning when he said that the decision to separate from the Colts was a mutual one.

Im having trouble locating a link where Peyton said it was mutual... Perhaps you could help me out..

Im having trouble locating a link where Peyton said it was mutual... Perhaps you could help me out..

Here it is at around the 0:49 mark: "Jim and I have spoken extensively about where we are today, and our conversations have led both of us to recognize that our circumstances make it best for us to take this next step."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3q-ARpEWfw

I don't agree.

Peyton doesn't care about intangibles. If you want to go that route the one he wanted the most was to play for one team. John Elway has even say he could sense Peyton felt backstabbed. That isn't a person who is mutual in feeling. Only saving face for his friend.

Peyton doesn't care about intangibles. If you want to go that route the one he wanted the most was to play for one team. John Elway has even say he could sense Peyton felt backstabbed. That isn't a person who is mutual in feeling. Only saving face for his friend.

So are you telling me that you think Peyton Manning was lying when he said, "Jim and I have spoken extensively about where we are today, and our conversations have led both of us to recognize that our circumstances make it best for us to take this next step." ?

So are you telling me that you think Peyton Manning was lying when he said, "Jim and I have spoken extensively about where we are today, and our conversations have led both of us to recognize that our circumstances make it best for us to take this next step." ?

No, i think Peyton was being nice and let Irsay not look like a bad guy. The Peter King article made it pretty clear Peyton wasnt expecting to be let go and wasnt thrilled about it.

I think Peyton is just too humble of a person to make anyone look bad. He knew this was closure for him, but also a way to give the fans also closure. Just so Jim isn't burned at the stake. He knows the magnitude of what this could have caused. A man who is reported "shell-shocked" and felt "back-stabbed" doesn't sound like he got what he wanted. He doesn't like media attention, and that is all it would have caused.

I doubt any negotiations were laid on the table. Irsay wanted to give Peyton one last run for this season, and Peyton wants to play.

I think Peyton is just too humble of a person to make anyone look bad. He knew this was closure for him, but also a way to give the fans also closure. Just so Jim isn't burned at the stake. He knows the magnitude of what this could have caused. A man who is reported "shell-shocked" and felt "back-stabbed" doesn't sound like he got what he wanted. He doesn't like media attention, and that is all it would have caused.

I doubt any negotiations were laid on the table. Irsay wanted to give Peyton one last run for this season, and Peyton wants to play.

A man who is reported to be "shell-shocked" and felt "back-stabbed" may still feel both shell-shocked and back-stabbed when he doesn't get what he wants, especially if he is used to getting what he wants. Perhaps Mr. Irsay did not give him the assurance of not using the #1 overall pick on a highly rated QB, or that the rebuilding was not just a minor adjustment. He may indeed feel both shell-shocked and back-stabbed.

Having both those feelings does not diminish the fact that he said in a press conference that he and Mr. Irsay recognized their circumstances, and agreed that it was best for them to separate.

There is nothing in feeling shell-shocked or back-stabbed that takes away from the fact that the decision to separate was a mutual one.

A man who is reported to be "shell-shocked" and felt "back-stabbed" may still feel both shell-shocked and back-stabbed when he doesn't get what he wants, especially if he is used to getting what he wants. Perhaps Mr. Irsay did not give him the assurance of not using the #1 overall pick on a highly rated QB, or that the rebuilding was not just a minor adjustment. He may indeed feel both shell-shocked and back-stabbed.

Having both those feelings does not diminish the fact that he said in a press conference that he and Mr. Irsay recognized their circumstances, and agreed that it was best for them to separate.

There is nothing in feeling shell-shocked or back-stabbed that takes away from the fact that the decision to separate was a mutual one.

He says nothing about it being mutual.

mutual -

having the same relation each toward the other

Peyton wanted to be a Colt. Jim wanted to move on. That isn't mutual. He did however recognize that Jim is going to move on. SO he did nothing more than respect that because he has no other say honestly.

You talk as if you know what actually happened, when the reality is that you do not have a clue. People don't mind fans of Manning and the Colts hurting. It's very understandable and acceptable. Making stuff up because it makes you feel better is pretty poor.

I'm looking forward to my new Colts, not trying to hunt down reasons to make the decision more palatable.

Still doesn't change the fact he won you your Super Bowl. A good luck could suffice doesn't make you a fan of the Broncos. Not darning him to failure.

He was on the team that won the superbowl in 2006, I said I wanted the broncos to fail, obviously because I want the Colts to win :) There can only be one winner.

I believe Peyton knew there was a great chance he was leaving. Let's be honest people. He had his choice of teams narrowed pretty fast, he did his homework IMO. He prepares hardcore for everything.

Overall why stress out about it? He is a Bronco now and the release happened. Dwelling on it won't make anything change.

I believe Peyton knew there was a great chance he was leaving. Let's be honest people. He had his choice of teams narrowed pretty fast, he did his homework IMO. He prepares hardcore for everything.

Overall why stress out about it? He is a Bronco now and the release happened. Dwelling on it won't make anything change.

Very true.. All we can do is hope Luck doesnt flame out

It looks kinda odd to me. Like, players go to other teams all the time and all. However, I am not 100% sure Peyton is going to love his experience on a new team and in a new city either. He will prepare and play hard but his heart might never IMO be 100% into it? Time will tell. Mentally I think he will be there, inside is a different story though. I think he was hoping Saturday would join him. Jeff said Peyton was the first person he called when he decided to sign with GB. He told Peyton that GB wanted him badly and with Denver it seemed only Peyton did.

Wayne also stays with Indy.

The old band never truly got back together on Peyton's new team. Which is what many thought would happen potentially.

He says nothing about it being mutual.

mutual -

having the same relation each toward the other

"Jim and I have spoken extensively about where we are today, and our conversations have led both of us to recognize that our circumstances make it best for us to take this next step."

You have a very interesting notion of what is mutual and what isn't mutual. I provided the bold above to Peyton's own words to highlight that the decision to separate was indeed mutual.