Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nelson's collapse

Ne-Ca-Higher

Nelson's failure to hold ground against Heyward cost Brissett and the team.  Several times this year linemen and even linebackers have gotten the better of him one on one.  Is he hurt?  Was he tired?  If not, he better strengthen those legs or work on his footwork and lean.  He's not the guy we expect to be bull rushed like that.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ne-Ca-Higher said:

Nelson's failure to hold ground against Heyward cost Brissett and the team.  Several times this year linemen and even linebackers have gotten the better of him one on one.  Is he hurt?  Was he tired?  If not, he better strengthen those legs or work on his footwork and lean.  He's not the guy we expect to be bull rushed like that.

I mean, he’s an amazing talent and player. Eventually everyone that plays Oline is gonna get beat. Nelson didn’t make Rigo hold the ball weird and Vinny miss the kick. Nelson didn’t make receivers drop balls. Nelson didn’t make refs give some terrible calls. Just get off it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Q was without Kelly on his wing for the first time this year. He also had Heyward who is elite in his face every down, plus Watt to worry about stunting all over the place who is elite, plus Bush who is in the discussion for RoY. He didn't have a great game, but silly to talk collapse.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Ne-Ca-Higher said:

I urge you to go watch the play again. Heyward got away with a hand underneath Qs face mask. Should have been an illegal hands to the face penalty. No lineman is goi to hold up if the Dline is allowed to push up on his face mask in that manner. Big Q is fine. This was just one of the many calls that didn’t go our way and it cost us our starting QB

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Ne-Ca-Higher said:

Dog What GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

12 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

I am utterly convinced you haven’t watched a single down of him. He has absolutely been dominant this year. That push might just have been the only pressure he has allowed this entire season. Not trying to be disrespectful, but Nelson is not at all the problem

Thanks.  And he got a little hands to the face that wasn't called on that play.  Other players get paid too, and Heyward is a good player, but he got away with one yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep - Nelson is a bust.  Better cut him now!

What's interesting is that Nelson was still in between Brissett and Heyward at the time of the incident.  He was still blocking his guy.  You could say maybe Brissett needs a little better pocket awareness and move a little.  Then this wouldn't have happened.

Hey - it's football and these things do happen.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, gnet550 said:

I urge you to go watch the play again. Heyward got away with a hand underneath Qs face mask. Should have been an illegal hands to the face penalty. No lineman is goi to hold up if the Dline is allowed to push up on his face mask in that manner. Big Q is fine. This was just one of the many calls that didn’t go our way and it cost us our starting QB

If someone gets your facemask or under your face, they can be a third of your size and dominate you.  I remember playing football as a kid and this is what you did if you wanted to toy with the bigger players (as long as you could then promptly outrun them)

• Like 1

Has the original poster ever seen Cameron Heyward? He's a 9 year vet, made pro bowls, and is just as big as big Q 6'5" 300+.

In the trenches, You win some, you lose some. And I don't care who you are, Cam Heyward is a grown azzzz man. He demands respect. Period.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've also been astounded by the trend of the "talking heads" to either:

1.  Ignore the atrocious refereeing in the game on Sunday completely; or

2.  Use several other examples of poor calls, but ignore this flagrant, illegal use of the hands by Heyward on Quentin Nelson's face mask.

Some have even criticized QN for his "collapse", when even a cursory look  at the tape shows Heyward's left hand pushes directly up on Quentin's jaw. Yes, he was bull-rushed, but he probably could have re-established position (in fact, he never lost position, just leverage) except for the aforesaid hands to the chops.

The tragedy is that we lose JB for the rest of that game, and the Steelers steal the win. 

Just want to slap someone... in the face! Kudos to those who took the time to notice the un-called foul, and comment on it appropriately. I've "liked" or "thanked" many of you: this was the great untold story of Sunday's fiasco of a game.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DrWhom said:

I've also been astounded by the trend of the "talking heads" to either:

1.  Ignore the atrocious refereeing in the game on Sunday completely; or

2.  Use several other examples of poor calls, but ignore this flagrant, illegal use of the hands by Heyward on Quentin Nelson's face mask.

Some have even criticized QN for his "collapse", when even a cursory look  at the tape shows Heyward's left hand pushes directly up on Quentin's jaw. Yes, he was bull-rushed, but he probably could have re-established position (in fact, he never lost position, just leverage) except for the aforesaid hands to the chops.

The tragedy is that we lose JB for the rest of that game, and the Steelers steal the win. 

Just want to slap someone... in the face! Kudos to those who took the time to notice the un-called foul, and comment on it appropriately. I've "liked" or "thanked" many of you: this was the great untold story of Sunday's fiasco of a game.

What really got me was the fact they called it a few series later on one of our guys.

Just my opinion but one of the coaches prolly got on a refs case about it and the refs threw it back at us. Of course I’m inclined to believe those refs were the spawns of satan as well.

23 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Has the original poster ever seen Cameron Heyward? He's a 9 year vet, made pro bowls, and is just as big as big Q 6'5" 300+.

In the trenches, You win some, you lose some. And I don't care who you are, Cam Heyward is a grown azzzz man. He demands respect. Period.

The original poster made one comment and then "left the scene of the crime."  Typical troll behavior.  Got some of us riled up but as we can see from the posts here we all know that comment was just garbage anyway.

• Like 3

Every now and then a hall of fame QB throws a pick six. Every now and then a hall of fame W.R. drops a pass. Every now and then a hall of fame return man can’t get pass or gets lit up by the kicker (Pat MAC). Here lately our Hall of fame FG kicker misses another FG. And Sunday it was Big Q turn in the every now and then wheel. I took a lot of tests this way in school. But if I made a 93% on any given test I was pretty happy. Big Q has a 93% success rate. That means he’s a bad man on that front line. If the Colts would release him today. There would be a bidding war for him immediately. There is nothing wrong with Big Q

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

Nelson has been beat a number of times this year. Still he has made many more good plays than bad.

The o-line as a hole unit has taken a step back this year we made a mistake getting rid of that other coach it was working shouldn't have tried to fix it cause it wasn't broke.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JR Indy said:

Every now and then a hall of fame QB throws a pick six. Every now and then a hall of fame W.R. drops a pass. Every now and then a hall of fame return man can’t get pass or gets lit up by the kicker (Pat MAC). Here lately our Hall of fame FG kicker misses another FG. And Sunday it was Big Q turn in the every now and then wheel. I took a lot of tests this way in school. But if I made a 93% on any given test I was pretty happy. Big Q has a 93% success rate. That means he’s a bad man on that front line. If the Colts would release him today. There would be a bidding war for him immediately. There is nothing wrong with Big Q

The man is human he's not always going to look unbeatable the rest of the line after Kelly went out looked like hot garbage.

On 11/4/2019 at 10:25 AM, gspdx said:

Yep - Nelson is a bust.  Better cut him now!

What's interesting is that Nelson was still in between Brissett and Heyward at the time of the incident.  He was still blocking his guy.  You could say maybe Brissett needs a little better pocket awareness and move a little.  Then this wouldn't have happened.

Hey - it's football and these things do happen.  

No if Heyward didn't get away with hands to the face nelson wouldn't have fallen on Brissett.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

The o-line as a hole unit has taken a step back this year we made a mistake getting rid of that other coach it was working shouldn't have tried to fix it cause it wasn't broke.

I think it is more a matter that our line struggles against the elite pass rushers... Watt, Miller, Bosa etc.

this past week it was Bud Dupree and Cam Hayward

14 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He needs to learn to toss it away if it isn't there half of the sacks are on him.

I’ll watch for that more but he seems to step up and move around well in the pocket.  Seems to sense the rush well. He may hesitate to throw.  Hopefully we will see this week 

4 hours ago, gspdx said:

The original poster made one comment and then "left the scene of the crime."  Typical troll behavior. 

Yes

On 11/3/2019 at 7:30 PM, Four2itus said:

Troll thread

Called it on Sunday

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

The man is human he's not always going to look unbeatable the rest of the line after Kelly went out looked like hot garbage.

No offense, but do you know any descriptions other than garbage, hot garbage, trash, or stinks?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JR Indy said:

Wait, what?  Nelson was the #6 overall pick in his 2nd year.  He is supposed to be perfect and never make a mistake nor ever let his guy make a tackle.

Obviously the above is sarcasm.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

I think it is more a matter that our line struggles against the elite pass rushers... Watt, Miller, Bosa etc.

this past week it was Bud Dupree and Cam Hayward

Maybe, I think it's more both Denver and Pittsburgh have elite rushers and use a type of zone blitz scheme and neither JB nor Hoyer have proven to be good against the blitz, nor are they great at seeing it presnap so the line can adjust their blocking assignments

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Wait, what?  Nelson was the #6 overall pick in his 2nd year.  He is supposed to be perfect and never make a mistake nor ever let his guy make a tackle.

Obviously the above is sarcasm.

The guy (original poster) is just trolling. Don't feed him...

10 minutes ago, JR Indy said:

No time to troll, I am a true Indy fan trying to defend my team. Mr. Nelson is the best draft pick Indy has had in years 

My post only was referring to the original poster that was dissing Nelson. No one else that I saw had an adverse post.

• Like 1