Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What obstacle will we have to overcome next year?

Stephen

I can see 2020 perfectly.

JB ends the year on a high note, losing a heart breaker to the Pats in the AFC championship. Brady retires.

Then.... 

Indy doesn't re-sign Ebron, Chad Kelly goes to TN and wins the AFCS, and JB breaks his leg the week before game one. Luck comes back but re-retires after stubbing his toe in game 1. Hoyer becomes the starting QB and we have to listen to how good he is from the sunshine pumpers. Ebron goes on to set both single season drop and TD records with Stidham and wins another SB for Belichick.

Just another year for a Colts fan.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Hanging on to Matt Eberflus and Nick Sirianni. 

I initially thought this too, but then realized there will only be a couple of openings for 2020. Plus Mike McCarthy is still out there, and he'll get strong interest.

Arizona - No

Atlanta - Possible, but unlikely

Baltimore - No

Buffalo - No

Carolina - No

Chicago - No

Cincinnati - First year coach, they'll give him more time

Cleveland - Same as Cincy

Dallas - No, Looks like they are on their way to division title

Denver - First year coach, QB issues, unlikely they fire him, but Elway does like ex-Colts.

Detroit - No

Green Bay - No

Houston - No

COLTS - NO NO NO

Jacksonville - Possibly, but they are doing okay with a backup QB

Kansas City - No

LAC - No

LAR - No

Miami - No

Minnesota - No

New England - No

New Orleans - No

New York G - Possible, but very unlikely from a stable organization like the Giants

New York J - First year HC, but I think it's still a possibility

Oakland/Las Vegas - No

Philadelphia - No

Pittsburgh - No

San Fran - No

Seattle - No

Tampa - No

Tennessee - No, they have QB issue, not HC issue

Washington - Yes

12 hours ago, EastStreet said:

JB ends the year on a high note, losing a heart breaker to the Pats in the AFC championship. Brady retires.

Then.... 

Indy doesn't re-sign Ebron, Chad Kelly goes to TN and wins the AFCS, and JB breaks his leg the week before game one. Luck comes back but re-retires after stubbing his toe in game 1. Hoyer becomes the starting QB and we have to listen to how good he is from the sunshine pumpers. Ebron goes on to set both single season drop and TD records with Stidham and wins another SB for Belichick.

tenor.gif?itemid=11939487

17 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Then.... 

Great Post!

And much more believable than your analysis of The Colts QB!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, egg said:

Great Post!

And much more believable than your analysis of The Colts QB!

LOL. I was going to include an arc on Adam V too, but didn't feel like throwing shade at him after his recovery. 

I was pretty darn accurate in my prediction of JB vs Houston. Care to do a Denver prediction challenge? 

I actually think the problems may be:

1. If they continue to have a good season, Eberflus and Sirianni will be in heavy consideration for head coaching jobs. 

2. I love Frank Reich, but the two seasons he has been here so far have had low or unsure expectations. That makes coaching a much easier task, especially last year. When you were 4-12 the previous year, almost no one thinks his job is secure and everyone does exactly what the coaches want. This year, all the Luck drama kept the attention off everyone else. Next year, I hope they do not have that "luxury", but everyone may have to ignore the press clippings a lot more.

On 10/24/2019 at 6:30 PM, EastStreet said:

Then.... 

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

17 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Care to do a Denver prediction challenge? 

Ok, my friend, here's my prediction:

I predict that when the Colts / Broncos game is over, all of the Denver fans will have a greater appreciation for Jacoby Brissett's abilities than you.

It's  like predicting the sun will rise in the east. ..... An easy slam dunk! 

8 hours ago, egg said:

Ok, my friend, here's my prediction:

I predict that when the Colts / Broncos game is over, all of the Denver fans will have a greater appreciation for Jacoby Brissett's abilities than you.

It's  like predicting the sun will rise in the east. ..... An easy slam dunk! 

I appreciate JB, and love him as a player. I'm just not blinded by sunshine, or afraid to talk about deficiencies. I was critical of Luck in areas as well. JB had a fantastic game last week and I'd love to see continued improvement and consistent performance. 

Love the deflect by the way on predictions... what do you have to lose. Give it a shot at predicting attempts/receptions, TDs/INTs, AverageYardsPerCompletion, and QBR.... 

22 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Love the deflect by the way on predictions... what do you have to lose. Give it a shot at predicting attempts/receptions, TDs/INTs, AverageYardsPerCompletion, and QBR.... 

I guess I just don't enjoy that like some do. I never predict wins either. For me, it's just wild guessing because individual games so often turn out much differently than expected.

10 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Think we lose some of our coaches.

Eberflus might get a HC job somewhere.

I am not sure if I am that  high  on Eberflus.  Since the KC play off game and till the Chiefs game this year. the D was horrendous.  I am not sure how much of the success is because of Eberflus or Reich going to him and telling him he needs to be more creative.   We were exclusively a zone based team till this  years KC  game. 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Why?  Reich calls the plays

It is my opinion he makes Reich better.  They work well together, are comfortable together, and Reich trusts and understands him 100%.  This frees Reich up for other HEAD COACHING stuff.  This comfort level isnt easy to find and funnels down throughout the full coaching staff, not just offensive coordinators, but players too.

Common sense stuff.  Coaching 101.

Sum of the parts, dude.

You think its a coincidence Philly hasnt looked the same since Reich left?  I think Pederson and Reich had a very similar dynamic.  Its not easy to find and is a primary reason coaches bring in and want THEIR guys.

• Like 1