Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay’s comments on Luck

29 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Friendly Reminder from TigerTown     

There is more to life than the health of AL

This!

Watching the Colts is a hobby, not life or death. No need to get angry or depressed about complete strangers playing a kid's game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Hoping jacoby takes the opportunity and runs with it. This is a completely different team than the one he led in 2017. Would love nothing more for him to come in and light it up. He’s got talent and there’s talent around him. I know one thing, I’m sure he’s ready for this opportunity and think the players will rally around him. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Andrew said hes playing week one. That's all I care about

HE never really said that. He said he was working towards that.

I wonder who will lose a roster spot because we are going to have to carry three QB. This might be the reason fountain or another bubble guy does not make the team.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nickster said:

A high ankle sprain is a terrible football injury that can be easily reinjured and ruin season.  If that is what it is, every precaution is absolutely necessary.

yeah that could be minor or keep him out for weeks.  not exactly great news

I coached HS football and you would rather have a broken ankle than a high ankle sprain in many instances.  It is a very bad injury for a football player and the chances of reinjuring are very very high.  His season is in jeopardy, and that is just the way she goes with that injury.

52 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Read that mike Chappell article. They think it is similar high ankle sprain. They believe they have figured it out. My question is what took so long?

When did the high ankle sprain occur?  If all of this happened in March, shouldn’t whatever it is be healed by now?  

• Thanks 1

Just now, deedub75 said:

When did the high ankle sprain occur?  If all of this happened in March, shouldn’t whatever it is be healed by now?  

they can take months to heal if its a bad sprain.  i had one of those myself from playing basket ball.  severe sprains are worse than breaking bones 

if thats really what it is they should have found it by now though, sprained ankles are usually easy to diagnose 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Read that mike Chappell article. They think it is similar high ankle sprain. They believe they have figured it out. My question is what took so long?

Have you ever tried to explain to doctors what you are feeling? They call the medical field a "practice" for a reason.  Granted Luck does have the best doctors and care money can buy.  

I'm no athlete or anything but I have issues with problems that have taken YEARS to diagnose and some they still don't know what the cause is or there simply is not a fix for it. 

On a side note rather Luck plays week 1 or even at all this season or ever again ( sarcasm) the SUN WILL rise tomorrow. The world will still function and the Colts will still play football. 

Theres more to life then football and even the greats will tell you that. Enjoy it and relax. There is alot of things in this world that causes stress, who plays on Sunday shouldn't be the cause for us FANS. Granted Ballard or Irsay may lose a little sleep but in reality I HIGHLY doubt even they lose sleep. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, strt182 said:

Have you ever tried to explain to doctors what you are feeling? They call the medical field a "practice" for a reason.  Granted Luck does have the best doctors and care money can buy.  

I'm no athlete or anything but I have issues with problems that have taken YEARS to diagnose and some they still don't know what the cause is or there simply is not a fix for it. 

On a side note rather Luck plays week 1 or even at all this season or ever again ( sarcasm) the SUN WILL rise tomorrow. The world will still function and the Colts will still play football. 

Theres more to life then football and even the greats will tell you that. Enjoy it and relax. There is alot of things in this world that causes stress, who plays on Sunday shouldn't be the cause for us FANS. Granted Ballard or Irsay may lose a little sleep but in reality I HIGHLY doubt even they lose sleep. 

No one is thinking the sun isnt going to shine tomorrow. It’s called having a conversation and discussing a issue. I know sometimes internet can make things seem more concerning they they actually are.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

No one is thinking the sun isnt going to shine tomorrow. It’s called having a conversation and discussing a issue. I know sometimes internet can make things seem more concerning they they actually are.

Sorry I should have been more direct with quoted response, which was just the first paragraph. The rest of my post was just general statements. Sorry for any confusion.

I guess the " ON A SIDE NOTE" wasn't obvious.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restored said:

In trying to be optimistic, if the team has narrowed it down to the ankle area, they have 3 1/2 weeks to knock the pain down to a point where Andrew can practice and play. Hopefully that is enough time.

That’s my thoughts. Go FULL bore on focusing their attention to that area and get to as close to 100% as possible. Me thinks he plays with a “little” pain throughout the season. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Does out training staff know what they are doing?

For the first time, I’m gonna say this, Colts need an upgrade at the trainer & doctor position(s). This is beyond foolish. Even Army doctors would have figured this out by now. 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yeah... 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Part of me wonders if it’s just a second injury. Say calf sprain first. That heals and then he does something to the ankle, but they don’t see anything on an mri so they think calf flared up. 

• Like 1

The chargers have a scary pass rush. I doubt he plays week one.

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

For the first time, I’m gonna say this, Colts need an upgrade at the trainer & doctor position(s). This is beyond foolish. Even Army doctors would have figured this out by now. 

Yeah... 

Part of me wonders if it’s just a second injury. Say calf sprain first. That heals and then he does something to the ankle, but they don’t see anything on an mri so they think calf flared up. 

Yes that is what sounds like happened.

I went through a lot of ankle issues playing basketball and football in middle and high school. Finally after three right ankle sprains, it snapped coming down from catching a pass. Granted I didn’t have world class care and coaching staff that made light of anything that wasn’t a break. So them being this cautious with him is good and I hope it helps.