Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay’s comments on Luck

I am kind of over the entire thing.  Really sick and tired of reading and hearing about it.

Reminds me of 2017 and we all know how that ended.

IMO if it this bone issue brought on by a previous injury (snowboarding?), and they have known about it since the spring?  IMO they really really screwed up by not just having surgery and getting it taken care of.  I wrote about this the other day.  9 times out of 10, when an athlete is considering surgery or rest, it is always better to just get the surgery done right away and get it fixed.

Otherwise we go through what we are going through now. Rest.  Come back.  Irritated.  More rest.  Blah blah blah.

I also think that Luck, for whatever reason, must have a very low pain threshold.  He doesn't seem to be able to tolerate pain that well ever since his shoulder.  Seems as if he is very paranoid about any pain after that entire fiasco.  So that makes it more in his head than his leg.

If this is what they say it is, it can't be made any worse by playing on it.  It is a spur and it will always hurt until it is removed.  But it can't really get worse....So unless he was hurting some other part of the leg by walking on it, he should be out there in some capacity imo.

Friday warming while bowling up I blew out my lower back.  Couldn't even bend over to pick the ball up off the of the ball return.  Still bowled a 269 last game with a 230 average for 3.

You just grin and bear it. Luck gets paid $25 M to play.  Suck it up buttercup.

I think we really need to come to the realization that Luck is an injury prone QB who may not be around much longer as an NFL player.

2 minutes ago, open window said:

If he plays the 3rd preseason game it’s nothing to worry about. If he plays week 1 it’s nothing to worry about.

If he doesn't play until the first game, and I think that is VERY IFFY, there is a lot to worry about imo.

He won't have the timing down with his wr's, his line, the rbs's.  He will be rusty.

Actually kind of hope he does play the first game so the betting line stays low.  Because if he does play?  I think they get absolutely blown out.  They get blown out with Jacoby playing as well, but the betting line will be a lot bigger then.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I am kind of over the entire thing.  Really sick and tired of reading and hearing about it.

IMO if it this bone issue brought on by a previous injury (snowboarding?), and they have known about it since the spring?  IMO they really really screwed up by not just having surgery and getting it taken care of.  I wrote about this the other day.  9 times out of 10, when an athlete is considering surgery or rest, it is always better to just get the surgery done right away and get it fixed.

Otherwise we go through what we are going through now. Rest.  Come back.  Irritated.  More rest.  Blah blah blah.

I also think that Luck, for whatever reason, must have a very low pain threshold.  He doesn't seem to be able to tolerate pain that well ever since his shoulder.  Seems as if he is very paranoid about any pain after that entire fiasco.  So that makes it more in his head than his leg.

If this is what they say it is, it can't be made any worse by playing on it.  It is a spur and it will always hurt until it is removed.  But it can't really get worse....So unless he was hurting some other part of the left by walking on it, he should be out there in some capacity imo.

Friday warming while bowling up I blew out my lower back.  Couldn't even bend over to pick the ball up off the of the ball return.  Still bowled a 269 last game with a 230 average for 3.

I think we really need to come to the realization that Luck is an injury prone QB who may not be around much longer as an NFL player.

What? He played a entire season with a torn labrum and played with a lacerated kidney. Pain is not a issue with Luck. 

The calf could of got strained in a workout like they said and he has one of these two issues. It’s also possible he practiced that third day and actually broke that bone off in the back of the ankle during camp. Which would be the setback.

The biggest issue is we know nothing and until we do everything will just be speculative.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

What? He played a entire season with a torn labrum and played with a lacerated kidney. Pain is not a issue with Luck. 

The calf could of got strained in a workout like they said and he has one of these two issues. It’s also possible he practiced that third day and actually broke that bone off in the back of the ankle during camp. Which would be the setback.

The biggest issue is we know nothing and until we do everything will just be speculative.

Right but I am talking post shoulder surgery and the healing process after.

He seems a lot more cautious ever since.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, threeflight said:

If this is what they say it is, it can't be made any worse by playing on it.  It is a spur and it will always hurt until it is removed.  But it can't really get worse....So unless he was hurting some other part of the left by walking on it, he should be out there in some capacity imo.

crazy stanley kubrick GIF 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Ballard is making it worse.

Honestly if I was a betting man, and I am, I don't think there is much chance of Luck playing game 1 and for who knows how long after.

All of the wording we are now hearing out of Colts Camp is exactly like 2017.

Get ready for Jacoby!

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

So this has been going on since March.  March!!!

For a calf.

I just healed a partially torn rotator cuff in 2 months.  He has had 6 for a calf strain.

If we are now in August, 6 months later, and he is still experiencing pain?  How is it going to get better in 3 weeks while trying to practice and play games? 

It isn't. 

Have surgery now.  Come back by mid to late Sept.

This is too funny,

They literally have no idea what the hell is going on.

And notice that they are staring to hedge their bets and give little hints about Luck not being ready for Game 1.

Bye bye season.  IMO time to look for a new QB in the draft.  You simply cannot be going through this every year.  He is the most injury prone QB I know of outside of RGIII.