Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay’s comments on Luck

On 8/13/2019 at 4:31 PM, ColtStrong2013 said:

You haven't been to many Broadway plays have you?... You NEVER are guaranteed to see specific people perform during those performances. On any given night, understudies fill in for the key cast members. And you do have the right to know who the cast is, but you will likely already be seated for the show... 

Furthermore, NFL teams don't have to rule players out until hours before gametime. But they do have to inform us... although you've already purchased the tickets to the game, likely started making the trip if not already there, and there is no room for recourse until it's too late... so I'm having a hard time following what the hell you are trying to say in this post. 

Let me be more clear. First I have attended several Broadway plays and you are incorrect. If the production knows well in advance that a certain actor will not be performing then they cannot continue to advertise that the actor will appear. If the actor becomes ill at the last moment then yes that is certainly a risk that you take but you do not take the risk of false advertisement. 

Same with athletics. I a player could be injured in warm-ups and not play so that is a risk that one takes. Any last minute event could occur which changes things. We all accept that. However if a team knows that a player cannot play or will not play then to tell the fans that said player is OK and will certainly play is inappropriate. 

30 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

Let me be more clear. First I have attended several Broadway plays and you are incorrect. If the production knows well in advance that a certain actor will not be performing then they cannot continue to advertise that the actor will appear. If the actor becomes ill at the last moment then yes that is certainly a risk that you take but you do not take the risk of false advertisement. 

Same with athletics. I a player could be injured in warm-ups and not play so that is a risk that one takes. Any last minute event could occur which changes things. We all accept that. However if a team knows that a player cannot play or will not play then to tell the fans that said player is OK and will certainly play is inappropriate

First and foremost, so this is comparing apples to oranges, plenty of circumstances sit key cast members and fill understudies in... one being rest. I've seen my fair share of big Broadway shows where the key cast member doesn't appear and their name is still on advertisements for the program. No one gives a damn why they are sitting like they do Andrew Luck. The show still runs and is a hit. 

Inappropriate to whom, you? There is a "doubtful" designation for a reason. It isn't inappropriate by any standard of the rule. In regard to Luck, they have been pretty damn transparent on what their plan is to give him a designation for week 1. By next week, we will likely know who is starting in LA. 

16 minutes ago, Superman said:

I am opinionated. And so what? Are you making a point?

It's ironic that you'd say I'm going out of my way to defend Luck. I'm not defending him, because he doesn't need defending. I'm simply calling out your ridiculous take, because I'm tired of seeing it spammed in every thread.

You're not tougher than Andrew Luck because you bowled a 220 with a sore back, or because you played hockey, or because you rushed for four TDs for Polk High in the city championship game. It doesn't matter what injuries you've endured or played through, because you are not in the NFL.

What you appear to be is resentful of professional athletes who make a bunch of money, driven by biases and unreasonable expectations. You appear to be the kind of poster who shows up and states a bunch of baseless and unfounded nonsense when things look rough, then disappears when you're proven wrong. You appear to be trolling, posting outrageous drivel, then slinking away when it blows up in your face.

You're becoming (have become?) a caricature, a typical naysayer who points fingers when the team loses, then disappears when the team wins. Be better. You have knowledge, but you dismiss anything that doesn't support your already determined viewpoint, and you refuse to acknowledge when you're wrong, even when it's painfully obvious to everyone else.

So yes, I am opinionated, and in my opinion, your way of posting lowers the quality of this board. And that's a shame because you could very easily be way more credible than you are, and with your supposed experience and background, that would be a great asset to this place (especially on this topic). Instead, you're obsessed with taking potshots and harping on everything the team does that you disagree with. And it's beyond tiresome at this point.

Again, be better.

Somebody had to say it, and my comment got deleted because I typed out a "hidden" curse word, so thank you because that is probably the sentiment of MANY posters here. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JMichael557 said:

to tell the fans that said player is OK and will certainly play is inappropriate. 

I haven’t read anything from the team that says he will “certainly” play, please correct me if I’m wrong? The latest update says they’re evaluating him to see if he’ll be ready for San Diego.

2 hours ago, Superman said:

It's ironic that you'd say I'm going out of my way to defend Luck. I'm not defending him, because he doesn't need defending. I'm simply calling out your ridiculous take, because I'm tired of seeing it spammed in every thread.

You're not tougher than Andrew Luck because you bowled a 220 with a sore back, or because you played hockey, or because you rushed for four TDs for Polk High in the city championship game. It doesn't matter what injuries you've endured or played through, because you are not in the NFL.

What you appear to be is resentful of professional athletes who make a bunch of money, driven by biases and unreasonable expectations. You appear to be the kind of poster who shows up and states a bunch of baseless and unfounded nonsense when things look rough, then disappears when you're proven wrong. You appear to be trolling, posting outrageous drivel, then slinking away when it blows up in your face.

You're becoming (have become?) a caricature, a typical naysayer who points fingers when the team loses, then disappears when the team wins. Be better. You have knowledge, but you dismiss anything that doesn't support your already determined viewpoint, and you refuse to acknowledge when you're wrong, even when it's painfully obvious to everyone else.

So yes, I am opinionated, and in my opinion, your way of posting lowers the quality of this board. And that's a shame because you could very easily be way more credible than you are, and with your supposed experience and background, that would be a great asset to this place (especially on this topic). Instead, you're obsessed with taking potshots and harping on everything the team does that you disagree with. And it's beyond tiresome at this point.

Again, be better.

200w.webp?cid=790b76115e02dea4e89afbd7cc

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I haven’t read anything from the team that says he will “certainly” play, please correct me if I’m wrong? The latest update says they’re evaluating him to see if he’ll be ready for San Diego.

Just reading between the lines it almost feels like they're preparing for him to be sidelined. I mean what can really happen between now & the August 26 deadline that they've set that would make them feel comfortable with throwing him out there vs a great defense on the road?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Again, be better.

SOOOOOOO.

Tell us what you really think!

10 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

The announcement next weekend will shed a lot of light. If luck is still experiencing pain and declared out vs the chargers, I wouldn’t be shocked if we IR him. It’s been almost seven weeks by that time. 

I don’t think they will publicly say who is going to start. It’s going to be a Internal thing. Fans probably won’t know until the day before or when we see if we have a third QB active. We still might even keep a 3rd because until Luck gets in a game we just won’t kbow. They aren’t going to IR him unless there is certainty he can’t come back for 8 games.

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think they will publicly say who is going to start. It’s going to be a Internal thing. Fans probably won’t know until the day before or when we see if we have a third QB active. We still might even keep a 3rd because until Luck gets in a game we just won’t kbow. They aren’t going to IR him unless there is certainty he can’t come back for 8 games.

If Luck's practicing in the week leading up to the Chargers game, we'll know that he's starting. That's not something that they can really keep a secret. If he's not practicing, well, we know what the answer for that means too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HOZER said:

When he was first reinjured the beginning of camp we were told that if they had a game that day he would have been able to play. That was not true. What they should have said is that he is injured and presently we do not know when he will return. Take Campbell for example. He has a hamstring injury. We do not know when he will be ready. that is how it should be handled. 

4 hours ago, Superman said:

Again, be better.

He is so BAD  that I hid his posts long ago.  :yahoo:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JMichael557 said:

When he was first reinjured the beginning of camp we were told that if they had a game that day he would have been able to play. That was not true. What they should have said is that he is injured and presently we do not know when he will return. Take Campbell for example. He has a hamstring injury. We do not know when he will be ready. that is how it should be handled. 

How do we know that’s not true? He’s played through pain before, although he paid the price for it later. Maybe it has gotten progressively worse since they made that announcement? There’s been different scans and doctors involved since then too.  IDK just trying to have faith in our Coach/Manager.

2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Just reading between the lines it almost feels like they're preparing for him to be sidelined. I mean what can really happen between now & the August 26 deadline that they've set that would make them feel comfortable with throwing him out there vs a great defense on the road?

I may be getting some reports jumbled up, but wasn’t the most recent one that he can play without any risk of making it worse(not sure how that’s possible), then have surgery after the seasons over? 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

I may be getting some reports jumbled up, but wasn’t the most recent one that he can play without any risk of making it worse(not sure how that’s possible), then have surgery after the seasons over? 

I haven't heard any mention of surgery at all, so I'd be careful throwing that word around LOL.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, threeflight said:

And he can't play 16 games  because of an 'ankle'?

18 hours ago, threeflight said:

He is a broken man (imo) when it comes to his body.  Way over paranoid and IMO he has checked out.  He has his money.  His body is beat up.

He is giving up.  Again...IMO.

And all I am saying is for $25 M a year?  And because of my teammates?  And honor?  If I could walk as well as he has, I would say F it and just play.

17 hours ago, threeflight said:

Just imo?  He is done as a full time NFL qb.  I think he wants out, and out asap.

1.  The regular season hasn't even started yet.  There's a chance he'll actually play all 16 games, or at least a majority of them, and lead this team to the playoffs again, where a healthy Andrew Luck is the scariest thing another team can imagine.

2.  You don't know Andrew Luck and have NO IDEA what is going through his head right now, nor how committed he is to being on the field for his team.

3.  Your opinion has no basis in reality.  It's complete conjecture.

4.  With all due respect, take your ridiculous opinion and shove it.

5.  Once the Colts start winning this year, enjoy the hole you crawl into when things are going well.  :highfive2:

u-g-F59IP80.jpg?w=550&h=550&p=0

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

1.  The regular season hasn't even started yet.  There's a chance he'll actually play all 16 games, or at least a majority of them, and lead this team to the playoffs again, where a healthy Andrew Luck is the scariest thing another team can imagine.

2.  You don't know Andrew Luck and have NO IDEA what is going through his head right now, nor how committed he is to being on the field for his team.

5.  Once the Colts start winning this year, enjoy the hole you crawl into when things are going well.  :highfive2:

He's a child, logic is wasted on him.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 5:22 PM, Shadow_Creek said:

would u rather him come back join a new team and win two superbowls ??? while we struggle with a new QB

I guess he will not be winning 2 SB with another team they should have traded him 2 years ago when Browns offered all those picks.Would have had our QB now where a mess

50 minutes ago, colts8718 said:

I guess he will not be winning 2 SB with another team they should have traded him 2 years ago when Browns offered all those picks.Would have had our QB now where a mess

to be honest as crazy as this may sound if JB doesn't turn out as our future QB then i'm really ok with Kelly as our leader. The kid can play and last night he reminded me of Luck a bit especially when he made up for the int he threw

1 hour ago, Shadow_Creek said:

to be honest as crazy as this may sound if JB doesn't turn out as our future QB then i'm really ok with Kelly as our leader. The kid can play and last night he reminded me of Luck a bit especially when he made up for the int he threw

I agree I like Kelly and Ballard will still keep us competitive and if Kelly doe's not work out he will get the right QB eventually

On 8/14/2019 at 10:20 PM, threeflight said:

Bro I know.  I love Andrew Luck.  He is probably my favorite NFL player.

Just imo?  He is done as a full time NFL qb.  I think he wants out, and out asap.

Hope I am wrong.

It is PAINFULLY obvious.

4 years ago he played with a lacerated kidney.

Then 2 years ago he hurt his shoulder and all of a sudden it's a 'process'.  No more just going out and playing.  Nope.  That he got hurt snowboarding mind you.  Not football.  SNOWBOARDING.

Now its a freaking ankle.  Who knows how that happened.

It is so clear that his heart is not into football anymore.  He is married. A kid coming.  All the money he could want.  IF you think he has his heart and soul into this anymore than you are seeing things through blue colored glasses. 

Oh how right this turned out to be.  :)

On 8/15/2019 at 9:07 AM, Superman said:

Again, be better.

I was  better.

You were wrong.

On 8/15/2019 at 3:55 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Care to apologize?  :) 

Everything I said in this thread was dead on.

7 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Care to apologize?  :) 

Everything I said in this thread was dead on.

No, I don't.  And you're an immature child to expect that at a time like this.

You have no right to expect another man to sacrifice his physical and mental well-being for your entertainment.  No matter how well-compensated he is.  This isn't ancient Rome, and these aren't slave-gladiators.  These are free Americans who have a future and families to think about.  Get over yourself.

Maybe Luck doesn't want to be the "loser" at the bowling alley who is so physically beat-up that he can't tie his shoes before he bowls a 200...  :hat:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

No, I don't.  And you're an immature child to expect that at a time like this.

You have no right to expect another man to sacrifice his physical and mental well-being for your entertainment.  No matter how well-compensated he is.  This isn't ancient Rome, and these aren't slave-gladiators.  These are free Americans who have a future and families to think about.  Get over yourself.

Maybe Luck doesn't want to be the "loser" at the bowling alley who is so physically beat-up that he can't tie his shoes before he bowls a 200...  :hat:

A time like this?

No one died.

Are you serious lol?

We are talking about a sport here.

As for playing sports, I am 20 years older than Luck is.  And have 1000 x the heart.

Of that I have NO DOUBT.

2 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

It takes a big man to admit when you are wrong,,, be better 

Where was I wrong?  I said there was a chance Luck might play, and at the time that wasn't wrong.  If I said it now, that would be wrong.

@threeflight correctly predicting that Luck was "done" has inflated his ego and now he's being obnoxious.  He created a thread just to gloat...

If he wants to strut around this forum like a peacock while the rest of us are dealing with the loss of our franchise QB, he can suck rocks.  You watch, we'll win some games with Brissett, and @threeflight will disappear like he always does when the Colts are winning games.  It takes a real fan to be here for the GOOD and the bad, but it takes a troll to only be here for the bad...  :D

12 hours ago, threeflight said:

Oh how right this turned out to be.  :)

I was  better.

You were wrong.

No you weren't. Still aren't. And no I wasn't.

I stand by everything I said in that post, which was directed at your absurd insistence that you're tougher than Andrew Luck because you bowled a 220 with a sore back. 

And your response to this situation is petty and small, and pretty much reinforces everything I said earlier. 

• Thanks 1

You have to give Luck a lot of respect for retiring. It was his love of life and a team that never gave up. The fans that booed have no sense or any common sense on what it took him to do this. It's something he never would have given up and his Spirit of Sportsmanship I hope lives on and fans can see it!