Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay’s comments on Luck

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Whoever is making these kind of decisions needs to be fired. There should of been additional testing as soon as they thought it was more then a calf strain. You don’t wait until training camp.

Will you be the one to fire Irsay first?      Or Chris Ballard?    

Everything starts at the top,  and those are the top two guys.

So,  which will it be?     They're both going,  just wondering who goes first?

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, BProland85 said:

If injuries continue to plague Andrew, I would hope he doesn’t demand to be paid top 3 QB money for his next contract. Best ability is availability. 

Luck will not sign a new contract in the NFL. He will retire in 3 years. The injuries and toll on his body will be a factor. He is a bright guy. He has life changing money and will be a father soon. He will move on. Mark my words.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Introspect said:

Luck will not sign a new contract in the NFL. He will retire in 3 years. The injuries and toll on his body will be a factor. He is a bright guy. He has life changing money and will be a father soon. He will move on. Mark my words.

I’ve been thinking the same thing too, he might follow in his dads footsteps. Olivers obviously been very successful post football. Luck is a smart guy, he’ll make the best decision for himself and his family.

17 hours ago, HOZER said:

Don’t forget Ballard is supposedly a liar and evil too, EVIL I SAY!!!! 

7qxErz.gif

So, now with the new update, Looks like you were wrong.... Colts have been misleading the fans all along...... no one said liar, but thanks to Irsay, CB got called out and had to come clean.  Lost lots of respect for CB.  He is a genius in putting a team together, but he doesn't have to play games with fans and hide the actual truth.  I doubted Luck would play week 1, calf strain didn't add up and now based on the continued nonsense (Ballard Speak), who no questions his readiness for week 1, likely means week 3 or 4 at best.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

So, now with the new update, Looks like you were wrong.... Colts have been misleading the fans all along...... no one said liar, but thanks to Irsay, CB got called out and had to come clean.  Lost lots of respect for CB.  He is a genius in putting a team together, but he doesn't have to play games with fans and hide the actual truth.  I doubted Luck would play week 1, calf strain didn't add up and now based on the continued nonsense (Ballard Speak), who no questions his readiness for week 1, likely means week 3 or 4 at best.

As much as I hate to say this... there's really only two options here:

A: You are right and the Colts, CB etc misled the fans and the league.

or 

B: The Colts Front office and medical staff are entirely inept when it comes to injuries, diagnosing them and getting players healed quickly and effectively.

Judging on all the colts injuries in the recent years, I'm inclined to go with option B, but A may not be inaccurate either. 

And I was defending the FO and the Colts all along until the conference call last night, as those options listed above are truly the only one.s

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Introspect said:

While this would not surprise me, I think it will depend on two things:

1. how does his body hold up in the next few years?

2. do the Colts win a Super Bowl, and if not, how much does winning one mean to him?

Credibility and trust are so difficult to earn and so easy to lose. Once lost, it is very difficult to restore. I don't know what the problem is, but the Colts very definitely have a problem between Luck, the medical and training staff, and the front office -- and now the fan base.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Last night after Ballard’s press conference for the cloture podcast had Will Carroll on. He said he has multiple sources saying it’s MO. Now if this is correct Ballard lies in that press conference.

I'd have to ask Will Carroll and his "sources" for proof of that. I highly doubt Carroll or his "sources" have actually seen Luck's medical data or talked to his doctors(which would be illegal under HIPPA)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I'd have to ask Will Carroll and his "sources" for proof of that. I highly doubt Carroll or his "sources" have actually seen Luck's medical data or talked to his doctors(which would be illegal under HIPPA)

I agree I really don’t think he really knows or has sources. He did laugh and say irsay was one of the sources because he said MO in that interview.

1 hour ago, Old Colt said:

So, you don’t believe that this could be a fluid situation that has possibly changed? Luck did try to come back, remember? Have you ever had injuries that get misdiagnosed or cause other problems? You think Ballards goal is to feed us with continued nonsense? That’s what you think? The same guy who seems to be giving more press conferences then any GM before him, and regularly mingles with fans and answers questions? The same guy who answered questions from the media yesterday until they had none left? Yep,  what nonsense, how dare he. Ballard’s conference may or may not have been in response to Irsays alleged slip up, or it was to maybe try to calm all the people down who are having panic attacks and clarify the situation. Who knows? What I do know is there is nothing I can do to change the situation and posting conspiracy theories and smearing Ballard and Luck doesn’t help anything. All the doom and gloom posted lately is ridiculous, let me get this straight...

Our season is over.

Luck is a liar.

Luck is made of glass.

Luck is an emotional wreck.

Luck needs to be traded.

We need to draft another qb.

Ballard is a Liar.

Irsay is a liar.

The team doesn’t care about public relations.

Our medical staff has no clue.

What am I missing? The sense of entitlement on here sometimes is unreal. Makes me wonder how some people are still fans of such a corrupt and dishonest team. My goodness.

:rantoff:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Meh, it is what it is.

Had grigson done his job and made a much better effort to protect luck we probably wouldn’t be having this discussion right now. Sure his injury wasn’t caused by grigson, but I’m saying all the whoopings luck took on the field for those years really did do some damage to his body. Some of which may be manifesting itself now but who really knows. I just want to blame someone cause that’s what we are supposed to do here right?? :hat:

Andrew sucked at throwing quick timing passes so he held on to the ball and took way to many big hits. And he ran the ball to much and took many more hard hits.
 Much of his NFL beating falls on his own shoulder.

4 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Andrew sucked at throwing quick timing passes so he held on to the ball and took way to many big hits. And he ran the ball to much and took many more hard hits.

Don't know if I'd go that far. When you don't have a good receiving corp, it's much harder to throw quickly when your best WR is doubled a lot and the rest of the guys struggle to get separation. And when you can't trust your line, it's simply hard to get into a rhythm and go through progressions.

16 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

I somewhat agree with the first sentence, not so much the second. He was constantly running because he had to or he would get pummeled due to poor blocking.  Not trying to :deadhorse:, just sayin.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

Don't know if I'd go that far. When you don't have a good receiving corp, it's much harder to throw quickly when your best WR is doubled a lot and the rest of the guys struggle to get separation. And when you can't trust your line, it's simply hard to get into a rhythm and go through progressions.

And what i saw his 1st 3 years was a guy that threw hundreds of short to medium passes that were late coming out, high and behind, and with suspect touch.
 He put himself in way to many bad situations. And his running the ball is the only way he won many of his games. And there is usually a price to be paid for that.

Weighing back into the thread after reading most but not all of it.  A few thoughts:

If its a high ankle sprain, how does a football player get a high ankle sprain in the offseason, especially one that is not doing anything because he is resting the calf in the same leg?  I thought high ankle sprains occur with more severe activity.

Ballard said that Luck has had pain in the same ankle off and on for several seasons.  I assume it would be related to possible changes in his throwing motion due to the lingering shoulder issue during those years?

Since Luck has reported "pain in the ankle" for several seasons, certainly the Colts would have investigated that to determine the source of the pain back then?

Its safe to say the Colts have either not investigated this very closely from the outset, or believe something more structural is going on, like arthritis setting in after years of torque and altered motions, and don't want to express that overall concern.  It is concerning when they noted Luck had an injection of numbing medicine and it had little effect on the pain.

The way is which they have spoke about this, above all else, leads to less credibility each time they speak.  I don't think its deception, nor do I think they have a responsibility to be transparent (PM never disclosed the nature of his pains as to not want the defense to target the area).  But I do think they have used up credibility capital by they way they have communicated Luck's time line.  I think they realize this and are now offering more detailed explanations.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

As much as I hate to say this... there's really only two options here:

A: You are right and the Colts, CB etc misled the fans and the league.

or 

B: The Colts Front office and medical staff are entirely inept when it comes to injuries, diagnosing them and getting players healed quickly and effectively.

Judging on all the colts injuries in the recent years, I'm inclined to go with option B, but A may not be inaccurate either. 

And I was defending the FO and the Colts all along until the conference call last night, as those options listed above are truly the only one.s

You forgot 3

Fans do not need to know and/or care

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Weighing back into the thread after reading most but not all of it.  A few thoughts:

If its a high ankle sprain, how does a football player get a high ankle sprain in the offseason, especially one that is not doing anything because he is resting the calf in the same leg?  I thought high ankle sprains occur with more severe activity.

Ballard said that Luck has had pain in the same ankle off and on for several seasons.  I assume it would be related to possible changes in his throwing motion due to the lingering shoulder issue during those years?

Since Luck has reported "pain in the ankle" for several seasons, certainly the Colts would have investigated that to determine the source of the pain back then?

Its safe to say the Colts have either not investigated this very closely from the outset, or believe something more structural is going on, like arthritis setting in after years of torque and altered motions, and don't want to express that overall concern.  It is concerning when they noted Luck had an injection of numbing medicine and it had little effect on the pain.

The way is which they have spoke about this, above all else, leads to less credibility each time they speak.  I don't think its deception, nor do I think they have a responsibility to be transparent (PM never disclosed the nature of his pains as to not want the defense to target the area).  But I do think they have used up credibility capital by they way they have communicated Luck's time line.  I think they realize this and are now offering more detailed explanations.

Workouts cause them 

13 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Ballard mentioned because Luck has had a problem with a ankle for a couple of years the bad calf could of caused more pain in the ankle that is bad.

i just watched Chris Carter and he said he had a calcium buildup that had to be removed from testing his calf. He said he played with it all season and had it removed after the season.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HOZER said:

So, you don’t believe that this could be a fluid situation that has possibly changed? Luck did try to come back, remember? Have you ever had injuries that get misdiagnosed or cause other problems? You think Ballards goal is to feed us with continued nonsense? That’s what you think? The same guy who seems to be giving more press conferences then any GM before him, and regularly mingles with fans and answers questions? The same guy who answered questions from the media yesterday until they had none left? Yep,  what nonsense, how dare he. Ballard’s conference may or may not have been in response to Irsays alleged slip up, or it was to maybe try to calm all the people down who are having panic attacks and clarify the situation. Who knows? What I do know is there is nothing I can do to change the situation and posting conspiracy theories and smearing Ballard and Luck doesn’t help anything. All the doom and gloom posted lately is ridiculous, let me get this straight...

Our season is over.

Luck is a liar.

Luck is made of glass.

Luck is an emotional wreck.

Luck needs to be traded.

We need to draft another qb.

Ballard is a Liar.

Irsay is a liar.

The team doesn’t care about public relations.

Our medical staff has no clue.

What am I missing? The sense of entitlement on here sometimes is unreal. Makes me wonder how some people are still fans of such a corrupt and dishonest team. My goodness.

:rantoff:

Sure...there is a sense of entitlement in this thread...but let's be fair...there is also a good amount of self-righteous indignation as well (like this post). It sorta balances out.

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Workouts cause them 

When would that have happened in Luck's timeline since March?  I don't think he would have been working out a lower left leg that had a strained calf if the solution was rest.

The notion that he sprained his ankle is pretty recent if I'm reading the tweets correctly.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

When would that have happened in Luck's timeline since March?  I don't think he would have been working out a strained calf, a lower left leg, if the solution was rest.

The notion that he sprained his ankle is pretty recent if I'm reading the tweets correctly.

I think it’s not really a sprained ankle. What they said with Lucks bad ankle he has had for years the calf put stress in the ankle making it painful. 

Let’s get busy getting Jacoby to improve his release time and let’s err on the extreme side of caution with this issue for our Franchise QB. We don’t start fast ever. Let’s get at least 1 win in the first 2 games of the year and get Andrew 100% mentally and physically ready to go. Week 3 is my thoughts based on CB’s latest. Time to pull the lever and get Clowney! That would put this young, fast defense over the Top.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think it’s not really a sprained ankle. What they said with Lucks bad ankle he has had for years the calf put stress in the ankle making it painful. 

Ok.  So what we have learned in the past few days is that Luck has had a "bad" left ankle for several years.  Not that there has ever been a responsibility to tell the public that, but I'm noting for the record that this is new information for most of us.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I can vouch for that

I have a leg that swells regularly because of over compensation due to a weakness in the other leg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

There are several ways

In Luck’s case it is probably rehab related

That's news to me.  I always thought rehabbing a strained muscle would be rather gentle.  I wouldn't think the rehab would be so intense that a player would get a high ankle sprain.

I think Chloe probably is right that its bone/calcium/cartilage related to the ankle and not a sprain, which is also consistent with what Irsay said originally a few days ago. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I can vouch for that

I have a leg that swells regularly because of over compensation due to a weakness in the other leg

We know Luck is working on strength so let’s hope it works.

Ballard did say that they are taking it day by day as to when he will resume practice. I would say if  he has t resumed practice by the end of the month he won’t play in the opener.

Just now, DougDew said:

That's news to me.  I always thought rehabbing a strained muscle would be rather gentle.  I wouldn't think the rehab would be so severe that a player would get a high ankle sprain.

I think Chloe probably is right that its bone/calcium/cartilage related to the ankle and not a sprain. 

Speaking from experience of someone with a bad ankle it is very easy to hurt it 

23 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Let’s get busy getting Jacoby to improve his release time and let’s err on the extreme side of caution with this issue for our Franchise QB. We don’t start fast ever. Let’s get at least 1 win in the first 2 games of the year and get Andrew 100% mentally and physically ready to go. Week 3 is my thoughts based on CB’s latest. Time to pull the lever and get Clowney! That would put this young, fast defense over the Top.

they wont trade him here, at least not in any favorable deal.  

Ballard's comments:

1) Luck does have an Os Trigonum (which is a small, round bone behind the ankle joint, and is present in around 5-15% of people, and sometimes presents an issue; it's called an accessory ossicle, they are usually congenital and present at a young age but are sometimes mistaken for a fracture), but it is not loose, and is not believed to be a problem for Luck, as recent testing has indicated.

2) He had pain in the calf in March. They did an MRI, he "definitely" had a calf strain. (Apparently the treatment was rest.)

3) In May, he still had pain, so they did further testing. A specialist gave a numbing shot; if the shot makes you feel better automatically, they have identified the issue. He had some relief from the shot, not a lot, so they were unsure whether the Os Trigonum was the actual issue.

4) In camp he was still having pain, so they backed off to let it get better.

5) A couple days ago, they decided to do further testing to find out what else it could be. They have identified that it's not just the calf, apparently there's also an ankle issue, and they are focusing on it to help with the pain.

6) He's not practicing due to pain. They have not made any determination about whether he'll play in the opener because it's over three weeks away. They have no timetable at this point. They want to get the pain under control.

7) It's more of an ankle issue than a calf issue at this point. They believe they've identified the issue and can rehab it effectively in the next three weeks. 

8) Tom House is not in charge of Luck's rehab, they just work on throwing mechanics together.

9) When they gave him the shot in May, they were unsure whether the Os Trigonum was the issue because there was some relief, but not full relief. Consulting further with a specialist indicated it was something other than the Os Trigonum.

10) Ballard thinks it's a cumulative issue, not one specific injury. He thinks the calf strain exacerbated the ankle issue.

11) They want him to practice before he plays, and will make determinations about whether he'll play closer to Week 1. As of right now, Luck most likely will not play in preseason.

12) It is NOT the Achilles.

13) They need to get him better with lateral movement. Front and back and stationary throwing are fine. If he can function and his pain is under control at 85-90%, they are okay with playing him.

14) It's too early to determine the risk of further injury.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6