Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay’s comments on Luck

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

HE never really said that. He said he was working towards that.

I wonder who will lose a roster spot because we are going to have to carry three QB. This might be the reason fountain or another bubble guy does not make the team.

Despite the amorphous timeline, the signal-caller isn't fretting. Luck told Peter King for his Football Morning in America column on Sunday he's not concerned about being ready for Week 1.

"No," Luck told King when asked if he was worried about not being ready for the season opener. "I certainly believe I will [be ready]. That's certainly the goal."

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It will be interesting if he isn’t ready to go week one if they carry three QB or they put Luck on IR for 8 weeks. There is going to be a lot of decisions that have to be made week one. Especially if sheard isn’t ready to go taking up another spot. 

"put Luck on IR for 8 weeks", ok now I know you are joking or just trolling because that is over the top. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"put Luck on IR for 8 weeks", ok now I know you are joking or just trolling because that is over the top. 

I was just thinking out loud. The chances they would put sheard on IR before they would put Luck. The question as to be asked because you have a 3rd QB and a guy with a knee issue who are taking up two roster spots. That takes away some depth we might be able to keep.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I was just thinking out loud. The chances they would put sheard on IR before they would put Luck. The question as to be asked because you have a 3rd QB and a guy with a knee issue who are taking up two roster spots. That takes away some depth we might be able to keep.

Jacoby will be the #2, although I think he is an average QB. I still maintain Luck will play opening day but even if he does, the Chargers game will still be tough to win. I had that as 1 of our losses entering the season with Luck playing anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jacoby will be the #2, although I think he is an average QB. I still maintain Luck will play opening day but even if he does, the Chargers game will still be tough to win. I had that as 1 of our losses entering the season with Luck playing anyway.

I think you missed the point. If luck can’t go week one and sheard cant either there is going to be people we can’t can keep due to having to carry a 3rd QB and a guy with a knee injury who isn’t ready.

11 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

Good lord people act like it’s the end of world! Reich has said multiple times that he is fine, if he had to play now he would they are just being carful with him. Why put out greatest asset out in a meaningless game when he’s not 100 percent?

Bro you’re kidding right? You think he’s fine? He’s been injured literally this whole year lol and hasn’t healed from it yet.. yeah believe he is fine why don’t you.. not saying he won’t play the first game just saying he is not fine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

I'll check back in a few weeks.  

I don't think that's a crazy thought.

Who knows I may be way off wrong about this but I doubt it. If I am I will say I was wrong and say to the people worrying about this they were right. I always admit when I am wrong. People know that here. I will even tell Chloe she was right lmao 

• Like 1

Who knows I may be way off wrong about this but I doubt it. If I am I will say I was wrong and say the people worrying about this were right. I always admit when I am wrong. People know that here. I will tell Chloe she was right lmao 

I Will always admit I am wrong too.

Most likely this means we will have to cut a WR or CB we wanted to keep.

• Like 1

A week one loss vs the Charges is not the issue. It's about losing him for practice time until he gets back.

And we travel to Tenn game two, and have a high powered Falcons offense game three. Luck needs to be in good form for those two. 

Personally I'm not panicking until the week before game 1. If he's not back by then, it's going to be a long first half of the season even if he does come back sometime in the first 4 games.

1 hour ago, strt182 said:

Have you ever tried to explain to doctors what you are feeling? They call the medical field a "practice" for a reason.  Granted Luck does have the best doctors and care money can buy.  

I'm no athlete or anything but I have issues with problems that have taken YEARS to diagnose and some they still don't know what the cause is or there simply is not a fix for it. 

On a side note rather Luck plays week 1 or even at all this season or ever again ( sarcasm) the SUN WILL rise tomorrow. The world will still function and the Colts will still play football. 

Theres more to life then football and even the greats will tell you that. Enjoy it and relax. There is alot of things in this world that causes stress, who plays on Sunday shouldn't be the cause for us FANS. Granted Ballard or Irsay may lose a little sleep but in reality I HIGHLY doubt even they lose sleep. 

nevermind... 

• Confused 1

1. My thoughts on this whirlwind from today

1.  Hate to say it, but it needs to be put out there,  I think we have reached the point where Lucks durability is always going to be a question mark in his career going forward. This is absolutely not a knock on his toughness or ability to pay through pain, but it is weird/concerning maybe even alarming that he continues to have issues that take incredibly long to heal and no clear recovery path being followed...all at the age of 29. I think years of his physical style of play both in college and his early years (thank you Pagano, Grigson) have led to his body starting to breakdown.

2.  Ballard, Reich etc. can pay whatever lip service they want to Brissett, and they are a better team than 2017, but there is no way this team is even any close to a contender without a 90-95 percent Luck taking snaps.  Especially in todays NFL, an upper echelon top 10 qb is needed to truly contend for a championship..

3.  While the team may not lied or misled about the injury, I dont for the life of me understand the need to downplay severity of Lucks injuries.  In truth, Ballards phone conference should have happened one wee ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Bro you’re kidding right? You think he’s fine? He’s been injured literally this whole year lol and hasn’t healed from it yet.. yeah believe he is fine why don’t you.. not saying he won’t play the first game just saying he is not fine

Bro he is fine. Yeah he’s not 100 percent and that sucks. He’s got a bum ankle that is not going to require any surgery. If this was anyone else on this team it would be a non issue but since it’s Luck it’s going to be blown completely out of proportion. I get we are all a little gun shy because of the the shoulder thing but the sky is not falling and luck will be fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think you missed the point. If luck can’t go week one and sheard cant either there is going to be people we can’t can keep due to having to carry a 3rd QB and a guy with a knee injury who isn’t ready.

I'm actually expecting Sheard to go on IR and brought back to finish the season.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am listening to Ballard’s phone conference. Interesting he says they don’t believe Os Trigonum is the issue as of now lol.  

If they did believe Os Trigonum was the issue at one point in time, and today it changed, that means they knew it was more than a calf strain earlier. At some point the designation went from calf strain, then changed to OT, then to high ankle. The doctor's opinion didn't change twice in one day. More logic to suggest 1) they've known for a while it's not just a calf injury, and 2) they're likely only communicating this because Irsay slipped up.

• Like 1

Just now, Irish YJ said:

If they did believe Os Trigonum was the issue at one point in time, and today it changed, that means they knew it was more than a calf strain earlier. At some point the designation went from calf strain, then changed to OT, then to high ankle. The doctor's opinion didn't change twice in one day. More logic to suggest 1) they've known for a while it's not just a calf injury, and 2) they're likely only communicating this because Irsay slipped up.

What is interesting he said the numbing shot they used to detect a calf strain back in May indicated it was more but they decided to keep treating it like a calf strain and the same treatment. That makes no sense.

• Like 2

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

What is interesting he said the numbing shot they used to detect a calf strain back in May indicated it was more but they decided to keep treating it like a calf strain and the same treatment. That makes no sense.

yup. it didn't make sense to me either. 

i know some folks love to stick up for the FO, but the story here is weak stuff.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

yup. it didn't make sense to me either. 

i know some folks love to stick up for the FO, but the story here is weak stuff.

Whoever is making these kind of decisions needs to be fired. There should of been additional testing as soon as they thought it was more then a calf strain. You don’t wait until training camp.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Whoever is making these kind of decisions needs to be fired. There should of been additional testing as soon as they thought it was more then a calf strain. You don’t wait until training camp.

honestly i'm not sure i even believe that they are that incompetent. it's easier for me to believe that they've know a lot more for a lot longer, and now they are simply in spin mode. 

• Like 2

What if Irsay has a presser tomorrow and says - everyone I lied, Andrew has a ruptured Achilles and is out for the season. I did the fans a dis service for not saying this. Then he breaks down and cries haha  , I just only wanted to sell tickets :sarcasm:sad doctor who GIF

And announces he just signed Colin Kaepernick. 

• Haha 3

What if Irsay has a presser tomorrow and says - everyone I lied, Andrew has a ruptured Achilles and is out for the season. I did the fans a dis service for not saying this. Then he breaks down and cries haha  , I just only wanted to sell tickets :sarcasm:sad doctor who GIF

OK, now you are reaching...

you are better than this. 

I'm crying too!

• Haha 1

It would be nice to have a QB without all the drama all the time. I love luck but it is kind of tiring not knowing when he will get injured or if he will play each season. Especially when we have built such a great team around him. It would be really sad to have to start over with a young QB when we are this close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

honestly i'm not sure i even believe that they are that incompetent. it's easier for me to believe that they've know a lot more for a lot longer, and now they are simply in spin mode. 

Occam's Razor. However...if true...what is it that they have known? 

The way they have mis managed lucks injuries is so incompetent. I actually believe it when they say the numbing shot didn’t make it look like a calf but continued to treat it like one. This franchise starting with Grigson has ruined him. I think eventually he is going to say he has had enough and retire. Which is sad because we were so close.

21 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Occam's Razor. However...if true...what is it that they have known? 

not sure.

i'm just pretty sure of two or three things.... the diagnosis didn't change twice in one day, irsay slipped, and they're in spin mode.... if that's not the case, then it makes them sound pretty incompetent that he flunked the numbness test (meaning it wan's just the calf), yet they still carried on as if it were just the calf...

not sure which is worse lol 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The way they have mis managed lucks injuries is so incompetent. I actually believe it when they say the numbing shot didn’t make it look like a calf but continued to treat it like one. This franchise starting with Grigson has ruined him. I think eventually he is going to say he has had enough and retire. Which is sad because we were so close.

I'll bet he makes it back, plays through pain, and then ends up having surgery in the off season.

If it's more serious and lingers past this year, I'm in for getting through the this year, tanking 2020 hard, and then drafting Lawrence. His locks alone are enough to rule the AFC South.

31407b439a07ba7155624683cd1fd61e_crop_ex

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tweezy32 said:

Agreed. If he was fine he’d be practicing & our GM & owner wouldn’t be doing interviews about his leg.

Meh, it is what it is.

Had grigson done his job and made a much better effort to protect luck we probably wouldn’t be having this discussion right now. Sure his injury wasn’t caused by grigson, but I’m saying all the whoopings luck took on the field for those years really did do some damage to his body. Some of which may be manifesting itself now but who really knows. I just want to blame someone cause that’s what we are supposed to do here right?? :hat:

• Like 1