Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft Ben Banogu, LB, TCU

21isSuperman

7 minutes ago, Calmack said:

Honestly, i'll agree. wth Ballard. I still trust in the binder but damm. He was projected to go 4th or 5th round. 

That was prior to his combine performance and other things, he was projected low because they didn’t know his athleticism and he proved that he had it and more

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, I've seen the 4-5 projection but that seemed like a low projection.

For sure, after all, who’s projection do you trust?  Guys like Mel or guys like Ballard?

Pretty easy decision if you ask me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

He's one inch shorter than Turay and roughly the same weight. He'll be fine. He won't play linebacker. He was a pass rusher at TCU.

Ok. I'll be the easy target for some here. 

Is that supposed to be reassuring? Turay was phased out for a bigger and more physical Tyquan Lewis in the second half of the season. Even before then, he was a one trick pony who got some nice pressures here and there. I honestly would not want another Turay.. 

8 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Ok well I called CB, DE, and WR in the second round.

We have the DE and CB.

I think this was a bit of a reach but I can't knock it.

Now we need a WR.  Desperately.  

I said we would not draft a Wide out before the  draft.  We drafted two

last year.  Need to c if they can develop.  I can c a tight end

3 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

That was prior to his combine performance and other things, he was projected low because they didn’t know his athleticism and he proved that he had it and more

Correct.  That projection was valid.  But it changed as more information came in recently.

But its because he didn't show the athleticism on tape despite the stats, so that could be concerning.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Theres a trend in this round if you havent noticed. The whole NFL is drafting defense. Its pushing the WR to the 3rd round or late 2nd.

Yeah, I will say I like how Ballard's working the draft so far. Took a CB before the run on CB's. Nobody's taking WR's yet, so maybe we see one later.

To those wondering why we didn't go AJ Brown, there are about a half dozen wrs rated close enough together to make them practically interchangeable.  Like Ballard said, from 16 to 70 in this year's draft, it's just about flavor.  They're all about the same level. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No, Leonard wasn’t.   That’s why so many people went crazy a year ago.

Many websites had Leonard going much later. 

I'll point out that I get my projections from the NFL draft website. He was projected a 2nd or 3rd rounder there. 

6 minutes ago, Calmack said:

I'll point out that I get my projections from the NFL draft website. He was projected a 2nd or 3rd rounder there. 

I use that site as well...   I’m glad to see you using it too.   I always encourage people to use it. 

But as a small guy, most sites didn’t know much about Leonard last year.  Glad Lance Zierlein did and not surprised, but most sites didn’t know what to make if him.   There was a huge meltdown here over DL.

I like B.B., and I trust Ballard knows what he’s doing..

Just now, Boiler_Colt said:

Highest SPARQ rating of all edge players at the combine.

11'2 broad jump he's explosive and a very bright guy seen a bunch of him out here in Texas. I like the player. Hope he can get with mathis and houston and pull it all together. On this turf he will look like mathis coming of the edge.

1 minute ago, Colt Overseas said:

Do you think he is big enough to be our long term answer at left DE after Jabaal Sheard? 

He seems to be alot like Turay that plays in the wide right DE

I would agree... seems more like a RDE than LDE. Although... word from his press-availability now is that the Colts were looking at him as a LB, which IMO is surprising. I will wait for Ballard's press-conference to hear what his plan for Banogu is. 

Just now, BProland85 said:

SO frustrated we passed on AJ Brown for this guy. He screams developmental guy whereas I feel Brown can contribute right away. 

CB has been saying trenches, trenches, trenches and people are still looking and expecting a wr?