Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft Ben Banogu, LB, TCU

21isSuperman

With the 49th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Ben Banogu, LB, TCU

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/ben-banogu?id=32194241-4e73-7249-aebe-eec538edf79b

From Roto:

Per Pro Football Focus, TCU EDGE Ben Banogu ranked 8th among all edge-rushers in total quarterback pressures in 2018.

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline believes that TCU EDGE Ben Banogu could be drafted as high as the second round.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-ben-banogu-is-eager-grow-as-a-pass-rusher-feels-he-has-the-highest-ceiling-in-the-draft

• Like 3

I had a feeling we were going to pick him. He had the production in the pass and run game at TCU. Among the best at TFLs. Then he goes to the combine and shows he has what it takes athletically to be great in the NFL.

Really good pick here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Another guy with a strong Senior Bowl week.  This pick is all about pass rush.  You have a savvy veteran in Justin Houston who can mentor him.  And this guy is wildly explosive

Strong Senior Bowl + strong measurables/production. This seems to be a formula for the Colts to show interest in you. 

1 minute ago, Calmack said:

Honestly, i'll agree. wth Ballard. I still trust in the binder but damm. He was projected to go 4th or 5th round. 

If you were reading Chris Ballard's analysis, he was projected to go in the 2nd round.  Everyone has a different opinion.  Doesn't mean the one saying 4th-5th round is correct

Just now, Calmack said:

Honestly, i'll agree. wth Ballard. I still trust in the binder but damm. He was projected to go 4th or 5th round. 

You know how it goes though honestly. Guys projected somewhere many times go where they weren't predicted.

I'll take LB and/or DE help on this team.

2 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

He's a DE. Called it. I knew the Colts liked him and Rick Venturi absolutely loves this guy. Uber athletic pass rusher who's much more refined than Turay was last year.

Isn't he a little small to play DE in 4-3? I know Freeney and Mathis did it but they were bonafide stars. He doesn't seem to fit at LB or DE in our scheme imo

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

BB is introduced as an OLB.   But I believe we will play him at DE.   He’s viewed as an EDGE player, so I don’t see much if a problem playing more DE than OLB. 

Yeah, he's a defensive end in our system, not OLB. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Calmack said:

4th or 5th round?   Who predicted that?    By the way, so was some guy named Darius Leonard.   How did he turn out?  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Calmack said:

Isn't he a little small to play DE in 4-3? I know Freeney and Mathis did it but they were bonafide stars. He doesn't seem to fit at LB or DE in our scheme imo

He's one inch shorter than Turay and roughly the same weight. He'll be fine. He won't play linebacker. He was a pass rusher at TCU.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

He was projected to go in the 4-5th round. Not sure how I feel about this pick to be honest.