Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Screw it let’s just win it all!

Trace Pyott

This is gonna be long so Bare with me guys.   First of all ,I gotta admit that I was not too happy with this team after our abysmal start but even then we were sooo close to winning a few of those games,that I barely with both hands held on to my belief but it was slipping . I’m so glad I did because, this may shape up to be the most memorable colts season in history. I am really starting to think that this team may just be who the football gods are rooting for right now and that this team is a team of destiny. 

Look all the crap this franchise has been through the last few years.  We were managed by an imbecile and our star qb was facing a career ending injury and would of been safer with a mafia hit on his head than he was playing behind the o lines of the past  and to make things worse we get humiliated because our coaching choice stands us up!  

Call me an optimist, but I think it’s those tough things that allowed us to be in the current spot we are in. Let me recap:

1. I couldn’t stand grigson but with him being horrible, it allowed us to get Ballard who I must say is starting to build the most well rounded colts team I’ve seen since I’ve been a fan (1999).  If the colts didn’t suck as bad as we did we might have kept grigson longer and Ballard would of gotten a job elsewhere. 

2. I know it’s hard to find anything good in Andrew luck being injured but I think it made him love the game again and appreciate it more so than he has since he’s been a colt.  It also has taught him to be more careful and will extend his career in the long run. It also allowed us to be pretty terrible and get really good draft picks we normally wouldn’t have gotten and we all know how that’s turned out for us. 

3. Last but not least was that bum up there in New England who shall not be named screwing us all over. This may be the biggest blessing in disguise of them all. I cannot tell you guys how happy I am having Reich run this team and offense. I think him and luck are going to make a dynamic duo much like Moore and Peyton did.  If “you know who” would of chosen the colts, god knows where we would be today and even if we were good this year  he already showed his colors and what kind of person he is so I’m sure it would of came back to bite us in the end somehow.  

If one of those things didn’t happen I’m not sure we would be where we are today and I really think this team when playing good can beat anyone.  I always look at things from another teams perspective and if I was on a team  in the playoffs the only two teams I would fear in the afc would be the colts and pats. 

So yah I may be wrong but this team has that vibe as a special team that has a chip on its shoulders. It reminds me of that saints team that won it all against us (obviously Katrina was worse) and the Steelers team the year Bettis retired. It just seems fitting and  like a good story book ending for a team that was rumored to had wasted a once in a lifetime talent and was mocked and laughed at nearly this time last year and called a joke of a franchise to rise up, make history and silence the doubters and nay sayers once and for all and to put the league on notice that a sleeping giant has been awoken.   

Merry Christmas colts nation!!!!!!!

• Like 6

I will summarize lol. I was basically saying that all the negative things that have happened the last 3 years or so have all been blessings and that if life was a movie than this colts team would be the team to win it all because it would be the perfect happy ending.  Before anyone laughs think about patriots winning after 9/11, saints winning after Katrina, and how often do teams win it the same year a star player vows to retire?  This is our year baby!!!

• Like 1

They’ve got all the pieces (including the coaching staff) to adapt to anybody.

They can’t win it all by having “lapses”.. mental mistakes, penalties, etc. 

But, if they keep getting better each game, they’ve got a shot, even without another home game.

It's like the old saying, gotta be in it to win it. 

As long as you make it anything is possible. There's been several champs who were wildcards.

Odds are probably against us, but we are a dangerous team because of many factors. Luck to TY is a legit threat, Ebron is dangerous, Mack can have huge runs. Defense has shown at times it can play great ball (pass and run).

I'm excited ***if we get in of course***..

Anything can happen if we get in!  The Falcons made it all the way to the big dance with just about the worse defense in football and an explosive offense.   Our D is more reliable and our offense is pretty potent so I think we have a pretty good shot if we clamp down on the details.

• Like 1

Why not?  Hey it may not happen but if they win Sunday they're in the tourney.  Then it's the hottest team that usually wins it.  Colts have 8 out of 9 so they may be as hot as anybody else.  Of course lose Sunday and none of this matters so take care of step 1 first.  1-0 baby!

You know, it would be easy to say it's too early in the Ballard/Reich era (it probably is), or that they're just not ready (they're probably not). 

But here's the thing- some years a great team wins the SB, some years a great team gets upset in the SB, and some years there are no great teams, and somebody has to win it.  I think this is one of those years.  So why not dream big?

• Like 1

I was considering the whole Josh McDaniels issue again this morning.  I seem to remember at the time a few murmurs of this being Kraft's plan all along.  A way to get back at the Colts for Deflate Gate.  Josh leaves us at the alter at which time only the dregs of the coaching pool are left.

Well if so it was a colossal fail and blew up in Krafts face in a most spectacular manner.  It would be perfect karma that we get into the playoffs and meet the Cheetriots in the AFC championship game and beat their *! :explode:.     GO COLTS

3 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

Kickstarting the dynasty with an unexpected run to the Lombardi trophy.

I have to say eventhough I had us picked to go 9-7 before the season, alot of it was just wishful thinking and guessing right that Luck would be healthy. We may actually go 10-6 and need to too get in. It has been a fun season no matter what happens as every week has been meaningful for 2 months. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dodsworth said:

The Colts are the tale of 2 teams. 

One that showed up against the

Jaguars/Giants and the one that 

Beats the Texans and Cowboys.

If we make it to the playoffs then 

who knows what team will show up.

I would have to concur and this is what worries me a little bit.  With that said, a winning season either way you slice it and Andy keeps his streak alive of never having a losing season where he played the season.  Nice little comeback year heading into a big 2019.

• Like 1

What still excites me most is that.... 

A) we started the season 1-5 but managed to have a winning record in the end

B) we've been dead last in some (or most) power rankings before the season

So, however this turns out on sunday, I'm very proud of this team. And once we're in, everything is possible! 

"when i dream alone, it's just a dream. But if we dream together, it's the beginning of reality" - Helder Camara

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

We’ve seen #6 seeds go all the way to the SB. 2005 Steelers and 2010 Packers come to mind. Who’s to say 2018 Colts can’t join that group? They’re playing like a complete team. That’s how championships are won

As long as they avoid playing like they did in first half versus giants anything is possible 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dodsworth said:

The Colts are the tale of 2 teams. 

One that showed up against the

Jaguars/Giants and the one that 

Beats the Texans and Cowboys.

If we make it to the playoffs then 

who knows what team will show up.

This could be said about pretty much every team this season. Currently, there are only 4 teams on 3 game winning streaks, and 2 will be missing the playoffs. "Any given Sunday" does make the league more exciting.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

Our path to the super bowl could be

Wild Card: Texans

Divisional: Chiefs

AFCCG: Ravens.

I like our chances. 

Honestly, a Ravens- Colts Championship game would be nice, but as a Raven’s fan, my only focus in on beating the Browns. I sat through that Bengals game on New Years Eve last year, while they choked on 4th and 19. Still, I believe this is a different Ravens team with Lamar, than recently led Flacco teams. It would be nice for the Colts or Ravens to put a good hurting on the Patriots, in the playoffs . They deserve it after trying to drag our team’s names through the mud , for their own deflate gate cheating !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If the Colts get in, anything is possible.

If anyone is worried about the Pats, it's based on reputation, not where they are currently in 2018.  If you ignore their history, there is nothing about their current team that should scare anyone.  They're one of the weaker squads/rosters to get a bye in recent times.

2 hours ago, #12. said:

If the Colts get in, anything is possible.

If anyone is worried about the Pats, it's based on reputation, not where they are currently in 2018.  If you ignore their history, there is nothing about their current team that should scare anyone.  They're one of the weaker squads/rosters to get a bye in recent times.

I agree but the crookedness and home cooking is second to none at Gellette Stadium.