Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Swoope Waived Again

dw49

14 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I thought this was coming but I am surprised it happened now.  It seems like he has been on our team forever.  Looks like they feel Cox has overtaken him although I think he will be picked up by another team.  There are a few in need of a TE.  

Sure would be nice to havea big WR to plug into the starting lineup.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cbear said:

Doubt he gets picked up so Colts probably feel safe in doing this and getting someone needed for this week.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him picked up next week. 

Looks like your probably correct as I don't see where anyone has signed him. So maybe he goes back to the Colt's PS when and if  the 24 hour period elapses .

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Perhaps, but Allie-Cox is already on the active roster so they didn't need to release Swoope to make room for Allie-Cox.  Has anyone heard who they moved up or signed?

I think what the poster meant was they could "afford" to waive Swoop with Allie - Cox available this week ? It probably came down to the Colts not wanting to use 4 roster spots on TE's and they felt it made the most sense to waive Swoop. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

Probably the best for both Swoope and for the Colts. For a guy who hung around for four years, his career stats aren't very impressive, and this year the only improvement was in TD catches (3) vs. last year (1). His production just wasn't enough to warrant keeping him. 

A fresh start, and perhaps a better opportunity in NO, this might be a better situation for Swoope. He was always one of those guys you can't help but root for, but in the end, it just didn't work out in Indy. 

28 minutes ago, HarryTheCat said:

Probably the best for both Swoope and for the Colts. For a guy who hung around for four years, his career stats aren't very impressive, and this year the only improvement was in TD catches (3) vs. last year (1). His production just wasn't enough to warrant keeping him. 

A fresh start, and perhaps a better opportunity in NO, this might be a better situation for Swoope. He was always one of those guys you can't help but root for, but in the end, it just didn't work out in Indy. 

Just thinking that he almost made it through waivers as the Saints would have the last "chance."