Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dear NFL

Scott Pennock

I have seen games where the Colts benefited more than the opposing team from bad calls. I have NEVER seen a game handed to the Colts and today was not the first time the opposing team has had the game handed to them when playing the Colts.

It is beyond infuriating. I am sure there are other teams like us who don't get this special treatment but it is freaking ridiculous.

There was game in Green Bay, I want to say 2007 or 08 that we got the screws put to us. This game trumps that. 

I am not sure if I've ever seen anything like this, EVER in any sport or at any level.

Anyone feel free to go back and look at my historical posts. I rarely complain about officiating. I think for the most part every team gets some calls. The calls against the Colts and for the Eagles today were mind-boggling. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Dear NFL Referee's,

We, of Colts Nation, would like to thank you for calling 3 penalties on the very next play after the two sacks and 10 yard loss on a screen play to give the Eagles automatic 1st downs.

Also, on the 4th and 5 they missed causing a turnover on downs you threw a flag for the Eagles triple teaming our defensive lineman....so it was obviously holding and them being confused by a perfectly executed stunt.

And just for good measure you threw one in the red zone that 27 play, 201 yard "TD" drive that without your help had been stopped 3 times, at least.

You ruined a perfectly well fought, heavyweight fight between two good teams. 

We anxiously await your apology letter to be delivered to the West 56th Street Complex letting us know what our eyes clearly watched - home cooking.

It doesn't change the outcome either way so your new "Golden Boy" Wentz gets a victory on his return....

Respectfully,

Colts Nation

P.S. The head referee looks like Frankenstein (seriously who the hell is that guy?)

7 minutes ago, markabrown96 said:

Officiating has been bad all over the league. Im surprised Clay Mathews didnt retire during the game after that roughing the passer call.

I'm waiting for Clay to just suplex one of these referees. 

Just now, cjrichard said:

Clearly out of bounds but refs award Eagles first down. Should have been 4th and 2.  This was on the go ahead TD drive. 

Dnzica2XgAM6Bmd.jpg_large

True, gotta wounder why the hell someone isn't in Reich's ear telling him to challenge.

• Like 1

Most of those flags were legit.  It’s a common problem for a young team learning to win.  These are growing pains.  

It’s frustrating to watch but that’s why they are called pains.

I am more concerned with the offensive game plan today.  I didn’t like it one bit.  Too many screens and trying to force it to the tightends over the middle.

Also the Colts had something like three dropped TDs today.  Yes most would have been impressive catches but they were catchable nonthe less.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Most of those flags were legit.  It’s a common problem for a young team learning to win.  These are growing pains.  

I am more concerned with the offensive game plan today.  I didn’t like it one bit.  Too many screens and trying to force it to the tightends over the middle.

Also the Colts had something like three dropped TDs today.  Yes most would have been impressive catches but they were catchable nonthe less.

I think most people would argue that they were legit, just called when it seemed to most benefit the Eagles where many times it wasn’t called prior.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The NFL will continue to decline because of bad referees. We shouldn’t have to sit and wait to celebrate after every single great play because there might be a flag.

It’s ruining the game and the fun of it. The Clay Matthews penalty today was beyond ridiculous!

That one I will agree on that was a text book tackle.  If that’s a flag just say you can’t sack the QB anymore and be done with it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I can't believe it seems the defense is better than the offense this year. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The NFL will continue to decline because of bad referees. We shouldn’t have to sit and wait to celebrate after every single great play because there might be a flag.

It’s ruining the game and the fun of it. The Clay Matthews penalty today was beyond ridiculous!

Here is the one from last week...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Any official can justify throwing a holding call on most plays, if the ref is on a witch-hunt to do so. 

Which "dropped TD's" are you referring to?

45 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

this is why NFL is becoming less and less interesting for me, its becoming more of a "show" than a sport and it seems that the refs play a big part nowadays in dictating the way the "show" is suppose to go.

The NFL has its ways of manipulating outcomes.  It’s been going on for a long time and most fans have become conditioned to it.  Bad calls are a part of the game and other falsities that we have all just come to expect and accept when they happen.  It’s not always attributable to human error. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ColtsSouljah said:

I have seen games where the Colts benefited more than the opposing team from bad calls. I have NEVER seen a game handed to the Colts and today was not the first time the opposing team has had the game handed to them when playing the Colts.

It is beyond infuriating. I am sure there are other teams like us who don't get this special treatment but it is freaking ridiculous.

That was awful embarrassing and ridiculous all in the same sentence.

1 hour ago, Scott Pennock said:

Dear NFL Referee's,

We, of Colts Nation, would like to thank you for calling 3 penalties on the very next play after the two sacks and 10 yard loss on a screen play to give the Eagles automatic 1st downs.

Also, on the 4th and 5 they missed causing a turnover on downs you threw a flag for the Eagles triple teaming our defensive lineman....so it was obviously holding and them being confused by a perfectly executed stunt.

And just for good measure you threw one in the red zone that 27 play, 201 yard "TD" drive that without your help had been stopped 3 times, at least.

You ruined a perfectly well fought, heavyweight fight between two good teams. 

We anxiously await your apology letter to be delivered to the West 56th Street Complex letting us know what our eyes clearly watched - home cooking.

It doesn't change the outcome either way so your new "Golden Boy" Wentz gets a victory on his return....

Respectfully,

Colts Nation

Wouldn't it have been strange if this was predicted before the game..... :)

By the way, I can live with bad officiating.  What I want is consistent officiating.  If a call is going to be made or not be made then do it that way all the time.  Don't throw the flag when you feel like changing the outcome of the game.

• Like 1

Let's not forget the helmet to helmet hit by them (on Hines I think) where the ref threw the flag and THEN PICKED IT UP with no explanation! The replay clearly showed it was a helmet to helmet hit and the announcers did not even question why the flag was picked up.

And let's be clear, the defensive pass interference by Hairston was a push off by their tight end. It should have been offensive pass interference. Look at it again.

15 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Never seen so much laundry thrown around since my son was a teenager living at home. It's gotten way out of hand.

• Like 1

That entire drive was the worst example of refs literally pushing a team into the endzone, ever.

I've never seen defensive holding against 1 guy being triple teamed in my life. Absolutely atrocious. 

I only watch Colts games, and the NFL is trying their best to get me to stop watching it all together. 

The NFL should change their initials to the WWE since every game is already predetermined whose going to win.

• Like 4

Hilarious that the borderline calls during the Eagles TD drive were all flagged against Indy. When we got the ball back, the one obvious call, the helmet to helmet on Hines, was not flagged. I've also never seen DL holding on 4th down called before ever. This was NBA like terrible officiating. 

• Like 1

Let's condense these, shall we. 

I've never seen defensive holding against 1 guy being triple teamed in my life. Ridiculous call. 

Oh and let's not forget when it was fourth down and 5 and they run into the kicker and all of a sudden it's still short by inches! That guy didn't run into the kicker, he barreled into the kicker. How is that only a 5 yard penalty? 

Let's not forget the helmet to helmet hit by them (on Hines I think) where the ref threw the flag and THEN PICKED IT UP with no explanation! The replay clearly showed it was a helmet to helmet hit and the announcers did not even question why the flag was picked up. When the refs huddled up I believe the conversation was "do we really want to give them another 15 yards?" 

And let's be clear, the defensive pass interference by Hairston was a push off by their tight end. It should have been offensive pass interference. Look at it again. Said the same thing after watching the replay. I thought it was pretty obvious offensive PI. 

Clearly out of bounds but refs award Eagles first down. Should have been 4th and 2.  This was on the go ahead TD drive. This one is part on the refs and part on the Colts staff in the booth. They have to get that info to Reich and he has to throw the challenge flag. 

This was good therapy. Time to move on to Texans. 

39 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

Am I the only one that though the Sheard holding penalty was the right call? The tackle made a meal out of it but it was a foul.

Was he holding? Yes. Does it happen on every play? Yes. Should it have been called? If it’s consistent, sure.

My point is if one player being double/triple teamed can still make that kind of a hold/play, you should flag the other team just on principle for failing that hard.

16 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

this is why NFL is becoming less and less interesting for me, its becoming more of a "show" than a sport and it seems that the refs play a big part nowadays in dictating the way the "show" is suppose to go.

Yeah, it's almost to the point of being unwatchable.  The refs throw a flag on nearly every punt and kick return.  Every time a DB makes a good play on the ball the first thing he does is look around and see if a ref decided to throw a flag on that play.  The hits on the QB has been discussed.  I have been a football fan for a long time, not only the Colts but I like watching football and now it's too easy to find better things to do that watch the joke the NFL is becoming.

19 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Yeah, it's almost to the point of being unwatchable.  The refs throw a flag on nearly every punt and kick return.  Every time a DB makes a good play on the ball the first thing he does is look around and see if a ref decided to throw a flag on that play.  The hits on the QB has been discussed.  I have been a football fan for a long time, not only the Colts but I like watching football and now it's too easy to find better things to do that watch the joke the NFL is becoming.

Never was like this the first 30 years (started 1969) or so I watched football. I now just watch the Colt game and do something like go to the gym when it's over. Thursday .. I forget about 50% of the time there's a game . 

• Like 1