Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dear NFL

Scott Pennock

1 hour ago, coltsva said:

Oh and let's not forget when it was fourth down and 5 and they run into the kicker and all of a sudden it's still short by inches! That guy didn't run into the kicker, he barreled into the kicker. How is that only a 5 yard penalty? 

Running into the kicker was the correct call.   It was not of the 15 yard variety at all.  

There were allot of crappy calls in that game though.  

22 minutes ago, Myles said:

Running into the kicker was the correct call.   It was not of the 15 yard variety at all.  

Yes, it was technically running into the kicker. Guess it just looked worse than most running into the kicker fouls, because the guy who did it certainly got his money’s worth, and it also looked worse than a lot of roughing the passer calls these days. 

1 hour ago, Myles said:

What I didn't understand was that was a 4th and 5, we get 5 yards from the penalty, yet we were still about a yard short from the first down. 

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

What I didn't understand was that was a 4th and 5, we get 5 yards from the penalty, yet we were still about a yard short from the first down. 

The yards to go is always rounded up or down.  2nd and 3 could be 2nd and anywhere from 30" to 42".  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr. T said:

And let's be clear, the defensive pass interference by Hairston was a push off by their tight end. It should have been offensive pass interference. Look at it again.

I saw the same thing. There was contact, but it was more on the receiver. Anybody look at it again and see?

2 hours ago, Myles said:

The guy hit Sanchez pretty good. But Sanchez wabbled and tried to stay upright, which made the hit look less severe. I think if Sanchez would have collapsed at contact it would have been a 15 yd penalty.

19 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Yeah...Our offense looking like we got Trent Dilfer at QB.  

Brissett would have won the game if he started, Luck looked lost at times, he should have like 10 interceptions this year with his awful decision making and the fact he is late getting the ball out and throws behind receivers way to much

21 minutes ago, egg said:

The guy hit Sanchez pretty good. But Sanchez wabbled and tried to stay upright, which made the hit look less severe. I think if Sanchez would have collapsed at contact it would have been a 15 yd penalty.

you have to be careful though acting can get you hurt too by falling awkwardly 

10 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Brissett would have won the game if he started, Luck looked lost at times, he should have like 10 interceptions this year with his awful decision making and the fact he is late getting the ball out and throws behind receivers way to much

I agree about Luck, but I wouldn't say Brissett would have won the game. 

8 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

he has much better zip on his throws that Luck does not have right now at all

That is true, but he was mediocre last season.   I think this game would have been similar.   Ebron probably would not have hauled in the passes again.

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

Hard to say if Brisset would have won but he would have been able to at least challenge the Eagles deep more often.  Luck barely tested them. 

Luck is starting to give me the impression that he has already reached his ceiling.  He keeps making the same mistakes. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Hard to say if Brisset would have won but he would have been able to at least challenge the Eagles deep more often.  Luck barely tested them. 

Luck is starting to give me the impression that he has already reached his ceiling.  He keeps making the same mistakes. 

I sure hope not! He needs to get his arm strength and his mental demons under control