Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darius Leonard

MarquisJ

59 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Hold on...This defense is awful. Worst in the NFL.  absolutely no talent.  Can't stop the run, and our secondary leaves much to be desired.

3 sacks
Peterson 11 carries/20 yards
Thompson 4 carries/1 yard
Leonard 18 tackles/ 1 sack/ 1 pass defensed/ 1 forced fumble.
Smith had 46 pass attempts and still didn’t get 300 yards or a td.

The Skins will roll on us, we have 0 chance of winning.

Yeah, nobody picked us it just goes to show that the so-called experts don't do their homework. 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Best ILB performance by a Colt I've ever seen. WOW! I loved him in the draft, but even in my wildest dreams I didn't imagine he'd have a game like this in his second game in the league. We might have a legit star here. 

Same. Was so hyped when we picked him but never thought he'd be this good this fast. Really likable guy too, definitely seems like a natural born leader.

But our defense is going to suck this year... andrew is going to have to put up 30 a game...

Sit back and watch the growth of this young defense. Enjoy the Hell out of it. This is going to be a FUN year, win or lose. We will get better and it's going to be a lot of fun to watch. They are exceeding my expectations to start, without a doubt. 

• Like 1

While he had a GREAT game, I'll be curious to see how he responds and plays now that he's made himself known to the OCs around the league. They'll game plan around him for sure going forward. If he can keep putting games like today's together though, dude could be that LB the Colts have longed for even in the Peyton Manning days

20 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

How does a player like Leonard end up playing for South Carolina St? He's the best Rookie defensive player in the NFL

Well Robert Mathis came from Alabama A&M.  So don't sleep on the HBCUs.  There is good talent to be found at all levels.  Props to Ballard and his scouting team.  Looks like they may have found us a defensive gem.

He gud.  Reel gud.

He's going to take some lumps, he's gonna get beat here and there.  But I think he's got the athletic tools and the skills to improve and end up being a cornerstone of this defense for a while.  SO glad Ballard took him.  I had hardly even heard of this guy until the draft.

He just seems to be everywhere on the field. He might get even better when he has more NFL experience. It seems like the Colts filled three holes for sure with Leonard, Nelson, and Slauson(sp?).  

Add in the rookie rbs , and with Smith being a potential plus as well, it turns out to be the best Colts draft since the Luck/Hilton draft.