Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TKnight24

With the 36th & 37th pick, Indianapolis Colts select Darius Leonard & Braden Smith

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

 

No he wasn't...at least not as a quasi-1st rounder. He's an FCS player and his Combine was meh.

 

Need pick...the theme this far.

Wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I just love how all off season we've heard how we need to protect Andrew Luck. That if we only had an OL then Luck wouldn't have missed last year. Then Ballard goes and tries to fix the OL and the GM wannabes cry because it isn't the sexy pic. Come on people! If we protect Andrew this team will be a playoff contender.

Will be great if Luck is indeed under center which we all want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JColts72 said:

Will be great if Luck is indeed under center which we all want.

 

If he is under center then he needs protection and if it is JB under center then he probably needs a good line even more because he doesn't have the same skill set as Andrew. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leonard is already 26? wth? 

And we shouldn't have to draft two O linemen at 6 and 36 just to protect Luck. Grigson drafted a ton of them to.

 

This is the Colts throwing their hands up and admitting that they can't evaluate o linemen and are just going to take them as early as possible 

 

Either that or Ballard is still shell shock from getting + slapped by the Patriots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Yikes.  Going for need I guess. Ballard I thought was a best player available guy.

 But they are young... so at least Ballard stuck to that concept. :thmup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

 

If he is under center then he needs protection and if it is JB under center then he probably needs a good line even more because he doesn't have the same skill set as Andrew. 

Should have just taken Rosen and start over. 

Luck is damaged goods and needs 5 first rounders just to protect him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Iron Colt said:

Should have just taken Rosen and start over. 

Luck is damaged goods and needs 5 first rounders just to protect him. 

 congrats on the most moronic post this year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Iron Colt said:

Should have just taken Rosen and start over. 

Luck is damaged goods and needs 5 first rounders just to protect him. 

 

How can some people be this *ic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Iron Colt said:

Should have just taken Rosen and start over. 

Luck is damaged goods and needs 5 first rounders just to protect him. 

 

And Rosen with a poor line would have ended up beat up and battered like Andrew Luck. Like it or not, you have to protect the QB!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

 congrats on the most moronic post this year 

 

Dont feed the troll jvan. first rule of the forum 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SanDiegoColt8 said:

Good job Chris Grigson. In all seriousness, I HATE both picks. :(

 

19 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Cannot say that here. The Company Line Colts fans will flip out over such disagreement. I'm with u bro.

 

I say the same thing to you two.  Tell us everything you know about the two picks.  I have not seen Leornard play so it would be fascinating to read what people that have seen him play have to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, James said:

 

I despise posters like yourself, so that's that.

I despise people named James sooo.... I guess we are even?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Iron Colt said:

Leonard is already 26? wth? 

And we shouldn't have to draft two O linemen at 6 and 36 just to protect Luck. Grigson drafted a ton of them to.

 

This is the Colts throwing their hands up and admitting that they can't evaluate o linemen and are just going to take them as early as possible 

 

Either that or Ballard is still shell shock from getting + slapped by the Patriots.

 

Ballard drafted a 27 year old LB at the top of the 2nd round and people are loving the pick. Man people are dumb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, #12. said:

 

Draft anyone and they're a starter on this team.

 

 

 

We gave up 52 sacks last year, so we drafted 2 All-American guards. I want all of the sexy edge rusher & cornerback picks jsut like everyone else, but there’s literally nothing to complain about with those 2 guard picks. And Leonard is easily the best LB on the roster now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sitting here watching ESPN and the Cowboys just picked Connor Williams. They already had one of the best O-Lines in the NFL and they went and added to it. Just goes to show you can't emphasize enough protecting the QB. We had one of the worst lines and we go and upgrade it and people complain. Crazy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Sitting here watching ESPN and the Cowboys just picked Connor Williams. They already had one of the best O-Lines in the NFL and they went and added to it. Just goes to show you can't emphasize enough protecting the QB. We had one of the worst lines and we go and upgrade it and people complain. Crazy!

 

They lost a couple starters going into last year, they definitely need to re-tool a little bit, but I agree with what you’re saying 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

 

Ballard drafted a 27 year old LB at the top of the 2nd round and people are loving the pick. Man people are dumb. 

 

Apparently he’s 22.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think both of these picks start. They both fill a need.  I'm expecting Smith to start at RT with Good at RG. I think Mewhort and Slausen are solid backups now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

smith i can get behind

 

seems like leonard can play, but hes really old.

 

i know nothing about Turay yet

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

SN: Did Guice have a horrible combine and Pro Day?

He just got drafted but Mayock said there is some potentially bad news coming out soon about him.  That's why he has fallen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JColts72 said:

No..must fall in company line like big brother..no disagreements...yeah right.

Ballard is so unimpressive so far it's hard to even comprehend....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

 

Apparently he’s 22.

 

No idea why Google said 26 then. Still don't like picking an FCS player that early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a youtube video of every Auburn offensive snap in Georgia game. Smith performed very well on most of the plays, so he looks like a good guard. 

Unrelated, but the Auburn RB looks good too. Whoever drafted that guy got a good one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

 

No idea why Google said 26 then. Still don't like picking an FCS player that early.

 

Wrong Darius Leonard.

 

The older one is the basketball player from Wake Forest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shastamasta said:

 

Ballard drafted a 27 year old LB at the top of the 2nd round and people are loving the pick. Man people are dumb. 

Maybe get the guy's age right before you start to call others dumb. He's 22. The 26 year old Darius Leonard is a different dude altogether. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, colts89 said:

bad

 

4 hours ago, SanDiegoColt8 said:

Good job Chris Grigson. In all seriousness, I HATE both picks. :(

 

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Yeah,   no one cares.

 

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Wrong

 

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

 congrats on the most moronic post this year 

 

3 hours ago, James said:

 

How can some people be this *ic?

 

Not cool guys.  Whether we agree with the picks or not, let's still try to be our normal respectful selves.

 

Maybe could have been better, definitely could have been a lot worse.

 

Either way, stay classy... especially you @SanDiegoColt8.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shastamasta said:

 

Ballard drafted a 27 year old LB at the top of the 2nd round and people are loving the pick. Man people are dumb. 

 

You are a class act, sir.

 

51013809_wide-4859aa0e439436723c8a709077

 

Never have I seen someone so good at calling other people dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any way to get some confirmation on Leonard's age?

 

Google telling me that he's 26.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

You are a class act, sir.

 

51013809_wide-4859aa0e439436723c8a709077

 

Never have I seen someone so good at calling other people dumb.

 

Agreed, LOL.


Seems like nowadays, the smartest people are soft spoken...while the dumbest arses are the most loud mouthed.

 

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/darius_leonard_906195.html

Just now, BlackPanther said:

Is there any way to get some confirmation on Leonard's age?

 

Google telling me that he's 26.

 

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/darius_leonard_906195.html

 

Diff person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

 

Agreed, LOL.


Seems like nowadays, the smartest people are soft spoken...while the dumbest arses are the most loud mouthed.

 

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/darius_leonard_906195.html

 

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/darius_leonard_906195.html

 

Diff person.

 

Pretty honest mistake. The Google result has the age at 26 and a photo of the guy they just drafted in the same box. 

 

The link you posted has no age.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

 

Pretty honest mistake. The Google result has the age at 26 and a photo of the guy they just drafted in the same box. 

 

The link you posted has no age.

 

 

 

 

Honest mistake I guess shows you have nothing to base an opinion of the pick on for sure. Kid was recruited to Clemson he has the juice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Honest mistake I guess shows you have nothing to base an opinion of the pick on for sure. Kid was recruited to Clemson he has the juice 

 

Clemson didn't even offer him a scholarship. 

 

And TJ Green actually came from Clemson...so why does it matter?

 

Your comment is wrong and pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I think both of these picks start. They both fill a need.  I'm expecting Smith to start at RT with Good at RG. I think Mewhort and Slausen are solid backups now. 

Smith is not a tackle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I just love how all off season we've heard how we need to protect Andrew Luck. That if we only had an OL then Luck wouldn't have missed last year. Then Ballard goes and tries to fix the OL and the GM wannabes cry because it isn't the sexy pic. Come on people! If we protect Andrew this team will be a playoff contender.

You have to keep in mind, these folks have spent minutes breaking down film on Youtube. They have also thoroughly browsed the mock drafts to see where mock drafts have these guys slated. If only Colts management knew this to the point research was available, they could have saved a lot of hours and money on scouting, going to games, going to practices. If they haven't heard your name, you can't possibly be worth the pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • The notion that the Raiders would draft WRs with their 1st two picks just to attract a 67-year old QB is some pretty good satire.     The Raiders will be playing wait-and-see just like half the teams in the league.  I see the Derek Carr trade rumors and am hoping they don't include Indy.  Carr is physically limited.  You can only coach up a player so much, so why not go for bigger upside?   ' Back to WRs, there were many who balled out at the combine and there will be plenty big-bodied prospects to go around on day 2 and even 3.      
    • To be fair, a classic Grigson Gaffe was Philip Dorsett (5'10, 185) in 2015.  A reach at #29 and at that time not a position of need, Dorsett was a bust until, of course, he went to New England and became relevant.  Dorsett had a stellar combine that year and I secretly wanted him, but not at 29.  Grigson was like a kid that "saw something shiny" and forgot about conventional wisdom.  Brutal.  
    • Well, we do know that Wirfs will never make it to #13 after tilting the combine machine.  That being said, there were several stellar OT performances and some of them can be had in the 2nd round.  Ditto WRs.  This plays right into Ballard's hands, as there won't be a sense of urgency to get Jeudy or Lamb in the 1st round.  Take what the defense gives you.     If somehow Wirfs did slip that far it would be hard to say no to a 10-year starter at an increasingly important position.  Ballard would have to feel like he got away with one if it went down that way.  I feel like this year will be reminiscent of 2017, when Malik Hooker slipped all the way to Indy at #15 due to injury concerns.  Thoughts?
    • I don't watch college football, so I don't have the game film perspective to go on.  As more of a number-cruncher/strategist, I'd say this is a terrific year to use max gamesmanship leading up to the draft.  As it relates to Jordan Love, he's simply not going to be BPA at #13.  I could see Indy trade up 2 spots to the bottom of round 1 if they have that much love for Love.   Ballard & co are in a great position thanks to massive cap space and Washington's #34 pick.  The FA QB market is deep and Brisset is still under contract with a $12.5 mil dead cap hit.  Basically, Ballard can let the draft come to him, so any QB chatter at this point is wildly speculative.     If Indy brass has a rookie in mind, they're high enough in the order to pretty much move up as far as deemed necessary without giving up too much for the opportunity.     This class is loaded with OT and WR talent, so BPA/fill need will certainly apply.  Every QB someone trades up for pushes one more blue chip player down to #13.     It will be interesting to see what was smokescreen and what was silent intent when the cards start being read on Draft Day.  Indy would be wise to manipulate perception, especially with the Raiders and their similar needs at #12.  Given Mayock's round 1 disaster (Clelin Ferrell) last year I like our chances.  
    • I felt as if the entire defense took a bit of a step back this past year. And honestly, I think it was because we let the likes of Al Woods walk in FA. After seeing the drop off, and then comparing it to when we attained Booger in 2006, it would seem the defensive tackle position is of quite a great importance in the Tampa 2, even with the subtle differences. You need above average play at that spot for the rest of the defense to flow correctly. Ballard has mentioned that positions importance. And for these reasons I have been on the Kinlaw train for the past month. 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...