Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the 36th & 37th pick, Indianapolis Colts select Darius Leonard & Braden Smith

TKnight24

15 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I just love how all off season we've heard how we need to protect Andrew Luck. That if we only had an OL then Luck wouldn't have missed last year. Then Ballard goes and tries to fix the OL and the GM wannabes cry because it isn't the sexy pic. Come on people! If we protect Andrew this team will be a playoff contender.

Will be great if Luck is indeed under center which we all want.

Leonard is already 26? wth? 

And we shouldn't have to draft two O linemen at 6 and 36 just to protect Luck. Grigson drafted a ton of them to.

This is the Colts throwing their hands up and admitting that they can't evaluate o linemen and are just going to take them as early as possible 

Either that or Ballard is still shell shock from getting + slapped by the Patriots.

3 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

If he is under center then he needs protection and if it is JB under center then he probably needs a good line even more because he doesn't have the same skill set as Andrew. 

Should have just taken Rosen and start over. 

Luck is damaged goods and needs 5 first rounders just to protect him. 

33 minutes ago, SanDiegoColt8 said:

Good job Chris Grigson. In all seriousness, I HATE both picks. :(

19 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Cannot say that here. The Company Line Colts fans will flip out over such disagreement. I'm with u bro.

I say the same thing to you two.  Tell us everything you know about the two picks.  I have not seen Leornard play so it would be fascinating to read what people that have seen him play have to say.

18 minutes ago, Iron Colt said:

Leonard is already 26? wth? 

And we shouldn't have to draft two O linemen at 6 and 36 just to protect Luck. Grigson drafted a ton of them to.

This is the Colts throwing their hands up and admitting that they can't evaluate o linemen and are just going to take them as early as possible 

Either that or Ballard is still shell shock from getting + slapped by the Patriots.

Ballard drafted a 27 year old LB at the top of the 2nd round and people are loving the pick. Man people are dumb. 

46 minutes ago, #12. said:

Draft anyone and they're a starter on this team.

We gave up 52 sacks last year, so we drafted 2 All-American guards. I want all of the sexy edge rusher & cornerback picks jsut like everyone else, but there’s literally nothing to complain about with those 2 guard picks. And Leonard is easily the best LB on the roster now.

Sitting here watching ESPN and the Cowboys just picked Connor Williams. They already had one of the best O-Lines in the NFL and they went and added to it. Just goes to show you can't emphasize enough protecting the QB. We had one of the worst lines and we go and upgrade it and people complain. Crazy!

• Like 1

Just now, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Sitting here watching ESPN and the Cowboys just picked Connor Williams. They already had one of the best O-Lines in the NFL and they went and added to it. Just goes to show you can't emphasize enough protecting the QB. We had one of the worst lines and we go and upgrade it and people complain. Crazy!

They lost a couple starters going into last year, they definitely need to re-tool a little bit, but I agree with what you’re saying 100%.

3 hours ago, shastamasta said:

Ballard drafted a 27 year old LB at the top of the 2nd round and people are loving the pick. Man people are dumb. 

Maybe get the guy's age right before you start to call others dumb. He's 22. The 26 year old Darius Leonard is a different dude altogether. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, colts89 said:

bad

4 hours ago, SanDiegoColt8 said:

Good job Chris Grigson. In all seriousness, I HATE both picks. :(

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Yeah,   no one cares.

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Wrong

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

congrats on the most moronic post this year 

3 hours ago, James said:

How can some people be this *ic?

Not cool guys.  Whether we agree with the picks or not, let's still try to be our normal respectful selves.

Maybe could have been better, definitely could have been a lot worse.

Either way, stay classy... especially you @SanDiegoColt8.

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You are a class act, sir.

51013809_wide-4859aa0e439436723c8a709077

Never have I seen someone so good at calling other people dumb.

Agreed, LOL.

Seems like nowadays, the smartest people are soft spoken...while the dumbest arses are the most loud mouthed.

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/darius_leonard_906195.html

Just now, BlackPanther said:

Is there any way to get some confirmation on Leonard's age?

Google telling me that he's 26.

Diff person.

51 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Agreed, LOL.

Seems like nowadays, the smartest people are soft spoken...while the dumbest arses are the most loud mouthed.

Diff person.

Pretty honest mistake. The Google result has the age at 26 and a photo of the guy they just drafted in the same box. 

The link you posted has no age.

16 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Pretty honest mistake. The Google result has the age at 26 and a photo of the guy they just drafted in the same box. 

The link you posted has no age.

Honest mistake I guess shows you have nothing to base an opinion of the pick on for sure. Kid was recruited to Clemson he has the juice 

2 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Honest mistake I guess shows you have nothing to base an opinion of the pick on for sure. Kid was recruited to Clemson he has the juice 

Clemson didn't even offer him a scholarship. 

And TJ Green actually came from Clemson...so why does it matter?

Your comment is wrong and pointless.

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I think both of these picks start. They both fill a need.  I'm expecting Smith to start at RT with Good at RG. I think Mewhort and Slausen are solid backups now. 

Smith is not a tackle

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I just love how all off season we've heard how we need to protect Andrew Luck. That if we only had an OL then Luck wouldn't have missed last year. Then Ballard goes and tries to fix the OL and the GM wannabes cry because it isn't the sexy pic. Come on people! If we protect Andrew this team will be a playoff contender.

You have to keep in mind, these folks have spent minutes breaking down film on Youtube. They have also thoroughly browsed the mock drafts to see where mock drafts have these guys slated. If only Colts management knew this to the point research was available, they could have saved a lot of hours and money on scouting, going to games, going to practices. If they haven't heard your name, you can't possibly be worth the pick.

• Like 2