Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the 36th & 37th pick, Indianapolis Colts select Darius Leonard & Braden Smith

TKnight24

50 minutes ago, ColtJ82 said:

You have to keep in mind, these folks have spent minutes breaking down film on Youtube. They have also thoroughly browsed the mock drafts to see where mock drafts have these guys slated. If only Colts management knew this to the point research was available, they could have saved a lot of hours and money on scouting, going to games, going to practices. If they haven't heard your name, you can't possibly be worth the pick.

People act like the Jags didn’t add Taven Bryan to an already ridiculous defensive line that features Calais Campbell, Marcell Dareus, Malik Jackson, and Ngakue. People should be jumping for joy over the picks of Nelson and Smith. 

12 hours ago, Cynjin said:

I say the same thing to you two.  Tell us everything you know about the two picks.  I have not seen Leornard play so it would be fascinating to read what people that have seen him play have to say.

U probably blindly give the Colts an A plus on the draft so far. Nelson A plus, rest a D. Our scounting stinks. 

17 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

People act like the Jags didn’t add Taven Bryan to an already ridiculous defensive line that features Calais Campbell, Marcell Dareus, Malik Jackson, and Ngakue. People should be jumping for joy over the picks of Nelson and Smith. 

100% agree. Interior O-Line is huge in our division.

9 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

U probably blindly give the Colts an A plus on the draft so far. Nelson A plus, rest a D. Our scounting stinks. 

Wow! It seems like the "experts" think the Colts are doing a pretty good job with this draft. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000929730/article/2018-nfl-draft-quicksnap-grades-for-every-team-through-day-2

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-draft-grades-and-analysis-for-every-pick-in-the-second-round/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

What do they know unlike us arm chair experts? It's a joke sensitive colt fans.

1 minute ago, JColts72 said:

What do they know unlike us arm chair experts? It's a joke sensitive colt fans.

Well I would assume they know a whole lot more than we do because they have access to far more NFL sources than we do. 

I bet you thought it was foolish for the Colts to sign Unitas after he couldn't make it with the Steelers. Haha

39 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

I don't give them any grade for 2 or 3 years.

I am still waiting for your in depth analysis on the draft picks.  I'm sure it will be riveting, being that you are such an expert. 

1 hour ago, Cynjin said:

I don't give them any grade for 2 or 3 years.

I am still waiting for your in depth analysis on the draft picks.  I'm sure it will be riveting, being that you are such an expert. 

That I am. U ripping the post draft talking heads too on their instant grades? Not if its too u liking?What thin skin colt fans we have here. U never last in a big city.

1 hour ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Well I would assume they know a whole lot more than we do because they have access to far more NFL sources than we do. 

I bet you thought it was foolish for the Colts to sign Unitas after he couldn't make it with the Steelers. Haha

Oh yeah Haha, and firing shula to lead the dolphins to super bowls.

15 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

That I am. U ripping the post draft talking heads too on their instant grades? Not if its too u liking?What thin skin colt fans we have here. U never last in a big city.

Draft grades during or right after a draft are an exercise in foolishness.   I'm not thin skinned,  I just find stupidity, ... well, stupid and I just hope that people like some of the posters here don't bother to vote. 

3 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Draft grades during or right after a draft are an exercise in foolishness.   I'm not thin skinned,  I just find stupidity, ... well, stupid and I just hope that people like some of the posters here don't bother to vote. 

Fair enough.

• 4 months later...

On 4/27/2018 at 4:28 PM, colts89 said:

bad

On 4/27/2018 at 4:32 PM, shastamasta said:

A * day 3 LB and another G...just wow.

On 4/27/2018 at 4:37 PM, SanDiegoColt8 said:

Good job Chris Grigson. In all seriousness, I HATE both picks. :(

On 4/27/2018 at 8:29 PM, jshipp23 said:

Ballard is so unimpressive so far it's hard to even comprehend....

On 4/28/2018 at 5:16 AM, JColts72 said:

I love reminiscing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I love reminiscing. 

I don't, not when it comes to draft picks which are an inexact science anyways. Like Polian said "if you listen to the fans, you will be sitting with them". I wonder how many words of mine could be regurgitated back to me from when I was loose with my mouth in my youth. We all say dumb and uninformed things in our lives, no different on a forum.  That is all I can say. :) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Can you go back to '98 when some people wanted Leaf over Manning?

haha

Or go back to the '98 draft & look at how awful every single pick is outside of Manning. If not for the Manning pick, that's an all-time horrible draft class.

57 minutes ago, krunk said:

Braden Smith isn't a tackle imo.   They need to leave that man at guard.

He gave me a migraine yesterday when he was in at left tackle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Or go back to the '98 draft & look at how awful every single pick is outside of Manning. If not for the Manning pick, that's an all-time horrible draft class.

He gave me a migraine yesterday when he was in at left tackle.

Wasn't he in as an eligible receiver ? I thought he was going deep on a post route ....

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

We've all been guilty of it, but yeah, that was a pretty bad take LOL.

The earlier videos someone posted didn't do him any justice, but later

vids he looked pretty good. I would bet a few GM's are kicking themselves

by not taking him in the 1st rd.

5 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Just having fun. But in retrospect, isn't judging after one game....just as silly as judging before a guy has played?

You make a good point. I’d say the main difference is that we’ve seen him in real deal NFL action now, he looked solid, & it’s probably safe to assume that he’ll only get better moving forward. 

• Like 1