When will Andrew Luck begin to throw a football  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Curious to know your choice

• February '18
    • March '18
    • April '18 or later
    • Will require another shoulder surgery
    • It's a biceps problem, all bets are off
    • He's done (You listen to Dakich too much don't you)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/2018 at 04:59 AM

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Oh, I think he's been picking them up. Just not throwing them.

I think Luck has been throwing tennis balls and nerf footballs. Hopefully number 12 gets graded up in his training/therapy and is throwing an official NFL football by May 2018.

At least this is a different kind of Luck thread, one with a prediction poll.

I predicted he'll start throwing March, like most everybody else apparently, but I'm not trying to guess whether or not he'll have further surgery. It's totally possible but I won't worry about it until we find out if it's necessary, or more likely, we'd find out after the surgery takes place.

He will begin to throw when he picks up the ball, fingers between the laces. Then he holds the ball chest high with both hands and faces the target.  He’ll set his feet and raise the arm with the ball to ear level. 

Thats is how every QB begins to throw.  

Geez, it’s not rocket science, I’m sure you must have seen in while playing Madden.  

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Didn't you guys hear? He was at my house this morning before I came into work and he threw me a 70 Yard pass (which I caught) telling me to have a nice day. I got in my car and left. I hope his arm is ok, that was a hell of a pass.

Sweet. Maybe you can even be a backup WR in a pitch too who knows CBE. 

I think one of the categories in the survey should have been when Luck's beard is fully grown. You know, it's like a mythical Samson thing. He derives his supernatural strength from his hair. Well, facial hair in this case. That's my story & I'm sticking to it. haha

5 hours ago, Jaredfor3 said:

I think Luck has been throwing tennis balls and nerf footballs. Hopefully number 12 gets graded up in his training/therapy and is throwing an official NFL football by May 2018.

I would agree (for range of motion). He is likely throwing weighted balls that weigh more than a football (for velocity training). From my own experience, (both labrum and bicep)., I would guess that the throwing the football aspect is more likely a range of motion and velocity related issue. (velocity relating to the movement of the arm). You have to retrain those muscles to extend and move in a certain manner....while not causing further injury. 

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Didn't you guys hear? He was at my house this morning before I came into work and he threw me a 70 Yard pass (which I caught) telling me to have a nice day. I got in my car and left. I hope his arm is ok, that was a hell of a pass.

Did you score or downed at the one?

7 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Sweet. Maybe you can even be a backup WR in a pitch too who knows CBE. 

I think one of the categories in the survey should have been when Luck's beard is fully grown. You know, it's like a mythical Samson thing. He derives his supernatural from his hair. Well, facial hair in this case. That's my story & I'm sticking to it. haha

Well I didn't want to drop the pass because you never know where Gregg Doyel is or Dakich is at filming with their Cell phones. Cant make my QB look bad otherwise he will be deemed as done lmao Whooooo Whooooooo!

-I just have to have fun with this at this point because the Luck stuff is comical anymore.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well I didn't want to drop the pass because you never know where Gregg Doyel is or Dakich is at filming with their Cell phones. Cant make my QB look bad otherwise he will be deemed as done lmao Whooooo Hooooooo!

-I just have to have fun with this at this point because the Luck stuff is comical anymore.

I like entries like this mocking all those doom & gloom reports on Andrew's shoulder, bicep, etc or crazy fans who think we need to draft a QB at #3. 

You have the perfect approach brother. Ignore the noise & only listen to Ballard, Chewbacca, or 1 of his medical doctors. 

When you caught Luck's pass, Jack Doyle probably yelled in jest "Hey, don't make me look bad bro. Nice hands man."

50 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Considering his arm was still attached to the ball when you tossed it in your back seat...we just can't be sure at this point.

2 minutes ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Has he been picking up actual NFL balls and throwing them? I know he’s been handling other various nerf/tennis balls etc ...

I don't think he's been throwing them? But I'm guessing he's been picking them up and smelling them and visualising he's on the field playing football again. At least I hope so lol.