• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Ballard won’t stand next to irsay.  Definite sign of discord. 

Oh for God's sake.   Reich is the center of attention right now...   of course he's in the center of the photo.

And if I missed your  intended sarcasm,  then  :hat: 

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

Oh for God's sake.   Reich is the center of attention right now...   of course he's in the center of the photo.

I'm pretty sure you did....or I liked his post for nothing.

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Just now, BOTT said:

I'm pretty sure you did....or I liked his post for nothing.

Yes. Sarcastic.  I also said earlier Ballard had his coat on looking to escape 

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I'm not buying any of the Peyton Manning non-sense.

However, it wouldn't really surprise me if Irsay and Ballard had a difference of opinion on who the head coach hire should be.  There were rumors that Irsay wanted Reich and Ballard preferred another candidate.  Maybe in light of Ballard initially wanting Josh McDaniels (red flags and all) Irsay second guessed Ballard's judgment and decided to pull rank. Not saying that's what happened but it wouldn't really surprise me if it did.

Irsay had much more say in this hiring, or at least was much more involved then he was the first time around when Ballard was chasing Mcdaniels, that has been reported from JMV so i trust it. I don't mind Irsay meddling in this instance, he let Ballard have hit shot and regardless of who was to blame the situation blew up in the Colts faces. No surprise to me that 2 of the 3 candidates this time around were ex colts coaches who Irsay was already familiar with.

22 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Ballard won’t stand next to irsay.  Definite sign of discord. 

They just went "short, tall, short"  it's your basic triangular composition. And if ancient Egyptian architecture has taught us anything, the triangle has long since been considered a symbol of strength and stability, not discord......so........myth busted?

2 hours ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

I just thought, maybe Ballard wasn’t in the picture because he’s at wherever Edwin’s funeral is going to be? 

That's plausible his funeral is in Atlanta on Monday. Pagano is expected to speak as well.

2 hours ago, BOTT said:

Did the same for Adam Gase....who just happened to hire Clyde Christensen as his OC.

Peyton Manning = unofficial advisor to Stephen Ross.

That's about as credible. Manning wants people he liked and worked with to get jobs.

This is no different.

I'm so tired of this rumor. It will never go away unless Manning decides to do something else or actually accepts a position with the Colts. But Wells keeps trotting it out there, with a different spin each time. Last year, he said it was basically done and would be announced sometime before the draft. Nothing happened. 

That's after Wells spent weeks slamming Irsay and his daughters for hanging on to Grigson, who was supposedly 'the son Irsay always wanted but never had.' Along the way, there were whispered rumors that Grigson was having an affair with one of the daughters. Before long, Grigson was gone. 

Manning never filled that void. It's been more than a year, and no Manning connection has materialized. Nothing that Wells has promoted in this regard has happened.

Then about a month and a half ago, Wells said Irsay would be stepping aside as owner, giving the role to his daughter Carlie. She was said to be set on hiring Manning as team president, and with this change, Ballard would not be making the head coach hire. He also said Ballard knew when he took the job last year that he wouldn't be making the hire. 

Again, none of this has happened. It's very obvious that Ballard was in charge of the coaching search, which led to McDaniels. We have not seen or heard from Carlie. Or Manning. 

After Tuesday's events, it would be understandable for Jim Irsay to play a more involved role in the coach decision. But there's no indication beyond unverified rumors from unreliable people -- namely, Brad Wells -- that Ballard wasn't still closely involved every step of the way. Verified reports state that Ballard was running point the entire time. 

We've also seen no verified connection between Ballard or the Colts and Dave Toub. Not even an interview request, not the first time, and not the second time. 

I think we should be willing to call unsubstantiated rumors for what they are, and keep fact and fiction separate. 

Personally, it's not hard to believe that Manning has an open invitation from Irsay to join the front office in some capacity. But I would assume that's something Ballard would have been aware of all along. I don't believe that Irsay benched Ballard and made way for Manning and others to choose the coach once McDaniels backed out. The evidence doesn't support that angle, not to me. 

And pretty much nothing that has come from Brad Wells in the last year has happened the way he said it would. 

2 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

My question in all this is....

Would your buddy get in trouble if the AFC North team he presumably works for finds out he's a Broncos fan?

Terminated immediately I’d say. 

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm so tired of this rumor. It will never go away unless Manning decides to do something else or actually accepts a position with the Colts. But Wells keeps trotting it out there, with a different spin each time. Last year, he said it was basically done and would be announced sometime before the draft. Nothing happened. 

That's after Wells spent weeks slamming Irsay and his daughters for hanging on to Grigson, who was supposedly 'the son Irsay always wanted but never had.' Along the way, there were whispered rumors that Grigson was having an affair with one of the daughters. Before long, Grigson was gone. 

Manning never filled that void. It's been more than a year, and no Manning connection has materialized. Nothing that Wells has promoted in this regard has happened.

Then about a month and a half ago, Wells said Irsay would be stepping aside as owner, giving the role to his daughter Carlie. She was said to be set on hiring Manning as team president, and with this change, Ballard would not be making the head coach hire. He also said Ballard knew when he took the job last year that he wouldn't be making the hire. 

Again, none of this has happened. It's very obvious that Ballard was in charge of the coaching search, which led to McDaniels. We have not seen or heard from Carlie. Or Manning. 

After Tuesday's events, it would be understandable for Jim Irsay to play a more involved role in the coach decision. But there's no indication beyond unverified rumors from unreliable people -- namely, Brad Wells -- that Ballard wasn't still closely involved every step of the way. Verified reports state that Ballard was running point the entire time. 

We've also seen no verified connection between Ballard or the Colts and Dave Toub. Not even an interview request, not the first time, and not the second time. 

I think we should be willing to call unsubstantiated rumors for what they are, and keep fact and fiction separate. 

Personally, it's not hard to believe that Manning has an open invitation from Irsay to join the front office in some capacity. But I would assume that's something Ballard would have been aware of all along. I don't believe that Irsay benched Ballard and made way for Manning and others to choose the coach once McDaniels backed out. The evidence doesn't support that angle, not to me. 

And pretty much nothing that has come from Brad Wells in the last year has happened the way he said it would. 

Just want to say I never called any of this fact, I never said any of it was true. I agree with everything you posted too lol. 

For all those wondering if Brad Wells might have some information... you are lucky you do not keep score of his right vs wrong "sourced information". Just a reminder that he had this one pinned on his profile just until several days ago:

DVzQqV8UQAANe34.jpg:large

Remember who you are dealing with. Everyone would be right once in a while when they spew nonsense day after day after day.  

4 hours ago, Superman said:

This. I will add that it is also reasonable to assume that Irsay would prefer a HC of high integrity after the Mcdufus scandal and that he might silently have had a bit of appreciation about the character of the Pats OC, but decided to trust Ballards judgement. It didn’t quite work out, so I can understand that Irsay decided to go with his own gut feeling IF him and Ballard had a difference in preference this time around. 

However, it is important to point out that Ballard got an offensive minded HC that knows his X and Os, which I have a gut feeling is very important for Ballards vision.

Even if there is a bit of truth to this, I think Ballard is fully onboard with Reich. 

• Nadine locked this topic