Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So here’s something crazy(rumor)

Andrew Luck fan club

7 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

I believe you. Most of these rumors have turned out true. 

Brad Wells, as bad as he may be, he has been right. He reported this mid January....

https://twitter.com/BradWellsNFL/status/952932511742439426?ref_src=twcamp^share|twsrc^m5|twgr^email|twcon^7046|twterm^2

....and it was right on the dot. The Gruden rumors last year were true, too. 

I hope Manning is coming on board. Forget Ballard lol. 

Honestly, if all I had were Brads tweets, I would not have posted this. But since my guy sent me a text saying very similar stuff I thought it was interesting. 

Ive been on these forums for years and never lied or said wild stuff like this. Either this is true and we got a little heads up, or this is false and we get a good laugh lol. 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Why was it only logical that if McDaniels didn't agree that Frank Reich was the guy? 

Because he was already out there to begin with. Brad Wells says whatever in the hope that it will stick. He also said that if McDaniels spurns the Colts for the Titans that didn't happen he spurned the Colts for the Pats.

Despite having no real sources. If Manning were on board with the Colts he wouldn't be the one to break the news it would be someone that actually matters like Mort.

1 minute ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Honestly, if all I had were Brads tweets, I would not have posted this. But since my guy sent me a text saying very similar stuff I thought it was interesting. 

Ive been on these forums for years and never lied or said wild stuff like this. Either this is true and we got a little heads up, or this is false and we get a good laugh lol. 

Yeah, I believe that what you and Brad are hearing is likely true. It may not come to fruition, but I believe . Just me though. 

20 minutes ago, J@son said:

Ask your friend why there has been ZERO information from the Colts that has linked them in any way to Toub. No interest reported during the first round of interviews. No mention of him in the second round. 

There was plenty mention of him, just nothing about him actually interviewing. But Ballard did keep everything in house. 

I’ll ask. 

Just now, Tsarquise said:

Why was it only logical that if McDaniels didn't agree that Frank Reich was the guy? 

That was rather late in the game wasn't it?  Reich's name had been floated around as a guy that could get HC interviews......he has a connection to the colts....he has a offensive background. Just makes sense.

Just now, CF4L said:

Because he was already out there to begin with. Brad Wells says whatever in the hope that it will stick.

Despite having no real sources. If Manning were on board with the Colts he wouldn't be the one to break the news it would be someone that actually matters like Mort.

But rumors about the prospects of manning becoming president or whatever have been reported by others last year. 

Has Toub EVER been interviewed for HC by the Colts during the process? I think if Brad/your friend would have spun Campbell or Frasier in there......well it would still be wildly crazy to believe, but it would be closer to believable.....I am just done with all the trauma/drama that has been tied to this coaching search in general.....lets get back to some real drama like has Luck re-grown a 3rd arm to replace the bum one he's been nursing for over a year.....fun read though.....

2 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

But rumors about the prospects of manning becoming president or whatever have been reported by others last year. 

Rumors get reported all the time doesn't mean they are true. 

There are rumors Manning will take Gruden's place on MNF.

That he'll go into politics.

That he will run the Browns.

None of those have happened I don't think this one will either and if it does (or any of the others which Brad fails to mention were out there) someone other than Brad Wells will be the one to break the news. Manning wouldn't let something like that leak to some third rate ex Colts blogger.

7 minutes ago, CF4L said:

Rumors get reported all the time doesn't mean they are true. 

There are rumors Manning will take Gruden's place on MNF.

That he'll go into politics.

That he will run the Browns.

None of those have happened I don't think this one will either and if it does (or any of the others which Brad fails to mention were out there) someone other than Brad Wells will be the one to break the news. Manning wouldn't let something like that leak to some third rate ex Colts blogger.

The rumors may not come to fruition, but it doesn't mean that the talks didn't/aren't happening. 

1. It's pretty much confirmed that Manning is working for the Colts in an unofficial capacity. Reich was his guy, not Ballard's. Irsay and Ballard were not in sync on who they wanted for the coach after the McDaniels debacle. Irsay went with Manning's guy.

Took a trip to the mountains after all the news breaking this morning. Next up, Peyton Manning. He was the person behind the Colts hiring Frank Reich. Now, looking into when he will officially join the Colts front office.

1 minute ago, Tsarquise said:

The rumors may not come to fruition, but it doesn't mean that the talks didn't/aren't happening. 

Talking about it is one thing having it actually happen is another.

Its disturbing how any Colts fan takes Brad Wells seriously to begin with.

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:
  1. It's pretty much confirmed that Manning is working for the Colts in an unofficial capacity. Reich was his guy, not Ballard's. Irsay and Ballard were not in sync on who they wanted for the coach after the McDaniels debacle. Irsay went with Manning's guy.

Took a trip to the mountains after all the news breaking this morning. Next up, Peyton Manning. He was the person behind the Colts hiring Frank Reich. Now, looking into when he will officially join the Colts front office.

Yes, it so strange that Irsay would ask Manning about Reich. It's not like he was manning's QB coach or anything.

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

Yes, it so strange that Irsay would ask Manning about Reich. It's not like he was manning's QB coach or anything.

People are focused on the Manning part they ignore apparently Polian and Dungy allegedly weighed in as well both also knowing the guy.

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

One thing to give Brad Wells credit for.

A few weeks ago he said "watch for Frank Reich"... Turns out now, he was right.

And yesterday he reported the job was Reichs, if he wanted it... Right again.

Dan Dakich was as predicting it was going to be Reich last week. Hell, most of the forum was. Leslie Frazier, dan Campbell and Frank Reich......hmmm, who would the front runner be??

2 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Like I said, if I didn’t get that text, I never would have made a thread on Brad Wells opinions alone. 

I can believe Jimbo wants Manning to come back in an Elway type role. I don't buy that Manning would agree to it without any ownership stake involved.

I don't buy that Irsay's daughters would give that up either(don't blame them I wouldn't either if I were them)

I find it hard to believe that Ballard would agree to be the Colts GM to begin with if he was going to be usurped by someone who doesn't even live in Indy anymore.  That's rather unfair to the guy.

You friend mentions Toub but no reports indicate he was ever interviewed.

Its plausible that Ballard doesn't like this move but is a pro to go with it otherwise why go through the 10 hour interview process.

Just now, 1959Colts said:

I don't know but, I am kind of buying into the theory that Ballard wanted someone else?

Just a hunch.

As well as it should've been. This hire is all wrong. If all this turns out to be true.... Ballard is a quality GM with a quality vision. I'm done with Manning and ex Colt non-sense... Reich doesn't have the personality needed to motivate a football team... We have been screaming for years about accountability, Killer Instinct and demanding perfection and execution and here we go again with another sap who will be awesome in the community, whose wife will bake cookies after tough losses, blah, blah, blah It should've been Campbell or Toub

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

As well as it should've been. This hire is all wrong. If all this turns out to be true.... Ballard is a quality GM with a quality vision. I'm done with Manning and ex Colt non-sense... Reich doesn't have the personality needed to motivate a football team... We have been screaming for years about accountability, Killer Instinct and demanding perfection and execution and here we go again with another sap who will be awesome in the community, whose wife will bake cookies after tough losses, blah, blah, blah It should've been Campbell or Toub

If you despise ex colts so much, why are you a Colts fan? 

I hope you're proved wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Well I can see Manning endorsing this because he likes Reich and wants him to get a job. He did the same with Caldwell in Detroit.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Its just weird to me because it sort of matches up with Wells statement about Irsay taking over the coaching search and mandating Reich would be the hire. Irsay has said more about this hire than Ballard. Who knows? I do somewhat believe Ballard wanted Campbell. I mean he interviewed him first before anyone. Plus hes got that little military guy he listens to about finding good leaders. Campbell just seems like somebody he helped Ballard select.

Eagles had their sb parade when Campbell was interviewed. Prolly why Reich's came after

7 minutes ago, crestmount said:

While I'm really pleased that McDaniels won't be our HC, the whole debacle doesn't help Ballard's cause.  His first real big task as GM, and he stuffed up real bad.  I'd be sure that Jim Irsay didn't like being embarrassed by the whole thing.

I really havnt heard anyone credible rip the colts for McDaniels being a dooosh.  Hell, noted patriots homer, mike Lombardi put it all on McDaniels and didnt understand any criticism of the colts.

Just now, Tsarquise said:

If you despise ex colts so much, why are you a Colts fan? 

I have been a Colts fan since I was born. I do not despise my team, however my team is not Manning, am I happy he was our QB? Yep. Did I root for him when he was a Bronco? Nope. Do I hinder on every word Polian or Dungy has to say just because they were part of the Colts? Nope. I'm a Colts fan, not a fan of people from the past stepping into the future of the Colts with their opinions went they aren't ambassadors for this team

If the past year has shown us anything it should be to not just dismiss rumors because we don’t want them to be true.

I have no idea if this is true.  I tend to doubt it but I am not going to be shocked if it’s true.  Irsay seems to want Peyton back associated with the Colts and my guess is would stop at little to nothing to make it happen.  I am also sure he holds Ballard responsible slightly for ending up looking like fools with McDaniels (and yes even if it was New England who talked him out of it and clearly to blame in this the Colts still ended up with egg on their face for announcing it and it not happening.). So yeah I could see a scenario where this could be true.

1 minute ago, CF4L said:

Well I can see Manning endorsing this because he likes Reich and wants him to get a job. He did the same with Caldwell in Detroit.

Did the same for Adam Gase....who just happened to hire Clyde Christensen as his OC.

Peyton Manning = unofficial advisor to Stephen Ross.

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

At this point nothing would surprise me. 

The thing about this theory though is that Toub has NEVER at any point in this whole month and a half process, start to finish been mentioned in any official capacity as being even considered for an interview, let alone a serious candidate for the job that required further discussion. 

But, the last week has taught us that dismissing these kinds of rumors can be a bad idea. 

And Brad Wells, for all of his (many, many, many) faults was the first to break that Peyton needed another surgery in 2011. 

Uncertainty is high these days. 

Actually it was JMV. 

I'm not buying any of the Peyton Manning non-sense.

However, it wouldn't really surprise me if Irsay and Ballard had a difference of opinion on who the head coach hire should be.  There were rumors that Irsay wanted Reich and Ballard preferred another candidate.  Maybe in light of Ballard initially wanting Josh McDaniels (red flags and all) Irsay second guessed Ballard's judgment and decided to pull rank. Not saying that's what happened but it wouldn't really surprise me if it did.