• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, stitches said:

The weird thing is that he keeps popping up by people with no apparent internal knowledge, people who only have been connecting the dots of Ballard's past... and at the same time - with plenty of opportunities to make the interest official, we never did - not in the first round of interviews, not in the second. We interviewed freaking Dan Campbell FFS, but Toub who everyone assumed will be interviewed because of his connections with Ballard never was even mentioned in any big source? 

Yea, the Taub thing (or lack thereof) is really perplexing

3 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

He does player personnel for an AFC north team. 

Good enough... I am not saying he doesn't hear some things before the general public... but unless he is at the very top of the food chain (or employed by the Colts)  it's probably like any other workplace and it is just "break room industry gossip". 

49 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

So most of you know Brad Wells. I’ve always thought he was a *. He’s been pushing this “Peyton to the Colts FO” narrative for a while now. Never believed it honestly. But I have a friend that’s in the loop in the league and he just sent me this:

So Ballard is going to be done in Indy....
Irsay hired Reich without Ballard giving the ok. They were going to have another meeting this morning to talk Toub/Reich for the HC. Irsay just made the move. Ballard is a pro though so he probably makes it work. Issue is, Irsay made this move for Manning.
What the source said is he will be hired on at some point in the Elway role. Keep the GM for a year or two then take those duties fully.
Source also said Ballard just wanted to make the case for Toub one more time.

What he’s saying about Reich being Irsays hire and not Ballard’s matches up with Brads tweet. And the picture the Colts tweeted had irsay and Frank, Ballard wasn’t pictured.  I’m not saying I believe anything, and this probably sounds all conspiracy theory-like,  just thought this was weird and I do trust my friend. What do you guys think lol

E092C1B5-9A1F-485F-97B4-8997F01A9C3F.jpeg

Nothing but a nonsense rumor.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

To me it is weird Ballard is not in any of Reichs hiring pictures. And Ballards statement on the hire is just a general sort of netral statement.

How many are there? There is 1 where he's alone and 1 where he's with Irsay in a joking setting(responding to request for picture with today's newspaper). I don't read anything into this. 

Just now, esmort said:

Good enough... I am not saying he doesn't hear some things before the general public... but unless he is at the very top of the food chain (or employed by the Colts)  it's probably like any other workplace and it is just "break room industry gossip". 

You could definitely be right. I personally don’t see Peyton coming to work in the Colts FO. 

12 minutes ago, krunk said:

To me it is weird Ballard is not in any of Reichs hiring pictures. And Ballards statement on the hire is just a general sort of netral statement.

It is probably because he couldn't pull off a joke about the previous HC hiring botch, like Irsay pulled off with those pictures. He probably felt it was best to wait till the last minute to show up at the introductory press conference and let Irsay be at the fore front this time. Deflection for embarrassment, or raw wounds of disappointment as a first time GM, whichever way you look at it, he didn't probably want any of those to show in any of the pictures or take away from the moment.

1 minute ago, NannyMcafee said:

Would love to have Peyton here again in a FO role. But I'm not willing to let Ballard go for that. There is no reason Manning and Ballard can't work side by side. 

“Elway Came on as VP and had a guy by the name of Brian Xanders as GM. Elway took over, kicking Xanders out, after 2 years. “

I agree though. 

Just now, Andrew Luck fan club said:

“Elway Came on as VP and had a guy by the name of Brian Xanders as GM. Elway took over, kicking Xanders out, after 2 years. “

I agree though. 

Wouldnt it make sense to keep on a talent like Ballard in the FO? The more talent the better no doubt. And Peyton could specialize in offense. There's are roles to be created. I would hope Irsay would agree with me here. 

I could be wrong about Ballard however.

15 minutes ago, krunk said:

immediately noticed that too.  the picture is just too weird.  also, no mention of Taub by anyone inside or outside of the org.  

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It is probably because he couldn't pull off a joke about the previous HC hiring botch, like Irsay pulled off with those pictures. He probably felt it was best to wait till the last minute to show up at the introductory press conference and let Irsay be at the fore front this time. Deflection for embarrassment, or raw wounds of disappointment as a first time GM, whichever way you look at it, he didn't probably want any of those to show in any of the pictures or take away from the moment.

Its just weird to me because it sort of matches up with Wells statement about Irsay taking over the coaching search and mandating Reich would be the hire. Irsay has said more about this hire than Ballard. Who knows? I do somewhat believe Ballard wanted Campbell. I mean he interviewed him first before anyone. Plus hes got that little military guy he listens to about finding good leaders. Campbell just seems like somebody he helped Ballard select.

2 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Wouldnt it make sense to keep on a talent like Ballard in the FO? The more talent the better no doubt. And Peyton could specialize in offense. There's are roles to be created. I would hope Irsay would agree with me here. 

I could be wrong about Ballard however.

Yes, unless Peyton wants all the duties, like Elway did. 

And while it’s too early to really tell on Ballard, I think he’s a keeper. 

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I'd totally take Manning as the OC

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Or QB coach

He wants in the FO, not a measly little coordinator job lol. 

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

LOL.  And Irsay doesn't meddle.  LOL.

I mean he didn’t until Josh screwed us over. And we don’t even know if what I posted is true lol. 

I remember when Luck missing the entire season was just a rumor 

I remember when Josh McDaniels backing out of Indy was just a rumor.

I’m not saying any of this is true, but after everything we’ve been through the last year, we’d be stupid not to consider this a possibility. With that being said, I hope it’s not true. I genuinely believe the Colts are in AMAZING hands with Ballard. I don’t want to see him go over something stupid

1 minute ago, Exodus said:

I’m not saying any of this is true, but after everything we’ve been through the last year, we’d be stupid not to consider this a possibility. With that being said, I hope it’s not true. I genuinely believe the Colts are in AMAZING hands with Ballard. I don’t want to see him go over something stupid

Exactly. I got told something about the Colts, I posted it here. That simple lol. 

1 hour ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

So most of you know Brad Wells. I’ve always thought he was a *. He’s been pushing this “Peyton to the Colts FO” narrative for a while now. Never believed it honestly. But I have a friend that’s in the loop in the league and he just sent me this:

So Ballard is going to be done in Indy....
Irsay hired Reich without Ballard giving the ok. They were going to have another meeting this morning to talk Toub/Reich for the HC. Irsay just made the move. Ballard is a pro though so he probably makes it work. Issue is, Irsay made this move for Manning.
What the source said is he will be hired on at some point in the Elway role. Keep the GM for a year or two then take those duties fully.
Source also said Ballard just wanted to make the case for Toub one more time.

What he’s saying about Reich being Irsays hire and not Ballard’s matches up with Brads tweet. And the picture the Colts tweeted had irsay and Frank, Ballard wasn’t pictured.  I’m not saying I believe anything, and this probably sounds all conspiracy theory-like,  just thought this was weird and I do trust my friend. What do you guys think lol

E092C1B5-9A1F-485F-97B4-8997F01A9C3F.jpeg

Ask your friend why there has been ZERO information from the Colts that has linked them in any way to Toub. No interest reported during the first round of interviews. No mention of him in the second round. 

50 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

The last few weeks has been enough we finally got a guy signed and now we are gonna start this can we all just be positive and drama less for 24 hours please if I could I would lock this thread rn.

I mean is this even negative though? Plus it’s just a rumor.

We just hired a good coach, be happy. 

I believe you. Most of these rumors have turned out true. 

Brad Wells, as bad as he may be, he has been right. He reported this mid January....

https://twitter.com/BradWellsNFL/status/952932511742439426?ref_src=twcamp^share|twsrc^m5|twgr^email|twcon^7046|twterm^2

....and it was right on the dot. The Gruden rumors last year were true, too. 

I hope Manning is coming on board. Forget Ballard lol. 

Brad Wells, as bad as he may be, he has been right. He reported this mid January....

https://twitter.com/BradWellsNFL/status/952932511742439426?ref_src=twcamp^share|twsrc^m5|twgr^email|twcon^7046|twterm^2

Uh no he hasn't.  McDaniels spurned the Colts for the Pats not the Titans. He said Manning was already going to be here conveniently ignoring the fact he still lives in Denver and hasn't expressed a public interest in anything beyond  commercials.

There were rumors he's going be on MNF, Politics etc. none of that has materialized I don't expect this too.

In the off chance it does I don't expect Brad Wells *ic self to be the one to break the news.

17 minutes ago, Exodus said:

I wouldn't blame Irsay if he wanted to trust his own judgement a bit more than Ballard's after the McDaniels fiasco. Polian did say Irsay was an immediate sell on Dungy as soon as the Bucs let him go, so it is hard to sell an owner on a candidate he is not on board on. If it is truly a collaborative decision, the owner ALWAYS wins, IMO.

Anyways, enough has been done to tear apart this fan base over the last few days. We have to let time sort things out. Too many unknowns at this point from HC to DC to QB to free agency for us to really speculate where we will end up at. Just enjoy the ride for now, anything else will be gravy.

3 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

That was only logical.  Don't need inside info to connect the dots for that.