• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I'm not buying any of the Peyton Manning non-sense.

However, it wouldn't really surprise me if Irsay and Ballard had a difference of opinion on who the head coach hire should be.  There were rumors that Irsay wanted Reich and Ballard preferred another candidate.  Maybe in light of Ballard initially wanting Josh McDaniels (red flags and all) Irsay second guessed Ballard's judgment and decided to pull rank. Not saying that's what happened but it wouldn't really surprise me if it did.

And if that happened, it severely hurt our team. Ballards vision is/was the best vision I could remember on how to build a team and if Irsay allowed some bad press to ruin that then that sickens me and it should sicken all the Colt fans as well, but it won't because everybody loves having soft spoken nice guys who consistently field a bunch of lovable under achievers who play just as soft as the coach leading them.

Time will tell, but I really thing Reich is not the fire this team needed. Might work out great from a pure football sense, hope it does but right now I'm not too fired up

16 minutes ago, Indeee said:

As well as it should've been. This hire is all wrong. If all this turns out to be true.... Ballard is a quality GM with a quality vision. I'm done with Manning and ex Colt non-sense... Reich doesn't have the personality needed to motivate a football team... We have been screaming for years about accountability, Killer Instinct and demanding perfection and execution and here we go again with another sap who will be awesome in the community, whose wife will bake cookies after tough losses, blah, blah, blah It should've been Campbell or Toub

I had no idea you knew frank so well.   Or Campbell or toub. 

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I had no idea you knew frank so well.   Or Campbell or toub. 

There is enough articles/information to conclude without having to know. In fact read the blurb from Pete Metzalars and it's all you need to know about Reich's personality. 

Just now, Indeee said:

There is enough articles/information to conclude without having to know. In fact read the blurb from Pete Metzalars and it's all you need to know about Reich's personality. 

For every successful "fiery" coach,   there is a mild mannered one.   Personality type doesn't dictate success. 

How do you know toub is a fiery guy?

17 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I'm not buying any of the Peyton Manning non-sense.

However, it wouldn't really surprise me if Irsay and Ballard had a difference of opinion on who the head coach hire should be.  There were rumors that Irsay wanted Reich and Ballard preferred another candidate.  Maybe in light of Ballard initially wanting Josh McDaniels (red flags and all) Irsay second guessed Ballard's judgment and decided to pull rank. Not saying that's what happened but it wouldn't really surprise me if it did.

If any of it is true this makes the most sense but I’m not believing it.  

This is from CB himself...

“We are excited to have Frank Reich as our new head coach,” said Colts general manager Chris Ballard. “Frank is a leader of men who will demand excellence from our players on and off the field. I look forward to working with Frank to deliver a championship-caliber team to the city of Indianapolis.”

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

For every successful "fiery" coach,   there is a mild mannered one.   Personality type doesn't dictate success. 

How do you know toub is a fiery guy?

I don't... I just think that under this circumstance, as in right here right now, the best solution was to have Campbell or Toub coach this team. A situation where either one of these guys not having strong X's and O's pedigrees but ALLOWING our coordinators to do their jobs from that standpoint. Allowing Toub or Campbell to be field generals and motivators and holder's of accountability where the players execution of the game plans were in question. Now we have a guy who may not even want to really work with Eberflus and instead of bringing in an OC like Bevell is evidentally bringing in some WR coach from SD... which means Reich is probably going to call plays too, something he really has never done and oh by the way he's never been a HC either. So now a plate full twice offensively on a rook and being forced to work with defensive guys he didn't pick... what could go wrong??

1 hour ago, krunk said:

To me it is weird Ballard is not in any of Reichs hiring pictures. And Ballards statement on the hire is just a general sort of netral statement.

I agree. That picture with Irsay and Reich makes it look like this was an Irsay hire. It could be that Ballard was the odd man out and there was no one else to take the picture. :D

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

I don't... I just think that under this circumstance, as in right here right now, the best solution was to have Campbell or Toub coach this team. A situation where either one of these guys not having strong X's and O's pedigrees but ALLOWING our coordinators to do their jobs from that standpoint. Allowing Toub or Campbell to be field generals and motivators and holder's of accountability where the players execution of the game plans were in question. Now we have a guy who may not even want to really work with Eberflus and instead of bringing in an OC like Bevell is evidentally bringing in some WR coach from SD... which means Reich is probably going to call plays too, something he really has never done and oh by the way he's never been a HC either. So now a plate full twice offensively on a rook and being forced to work with defensive guys he didn't pick... what could go wrong??

Why don't you let things play out?  He has been the coach for a couple hours and some of you are jumping to nonsense conclusions.   

And Reich did call plays in San Diego 

6 minutes ago, IrishColt22 said:

temp2018_0211_Reich_0110--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

He was there lads. 

6 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

This is from CB himself...

“We are excited to have Frank Reich as our new head coach,” said Colts general manager Chris Ballard. “Frank is a leader of men who will demand excellence from our players on and off the field. I look forward to working with Frank to deliver a championship-caliber team to the city of Indianapolis.”

You guys are squashing the ridiculous conspiracy theory.   Knock it off.   No need for facts and rational thought around here

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Why don't you let things play out?  He has been the coach for a couple hours and some of you are jumping to nonsense conclusions.   

And Reich did call plays in San Diego 

I sincerely hope I can look back and be 1000% wrong in what I think right now, I swear I hope I'm wrong. My gut is just telling me this team just didn't get any better from an intangible standpoint that can't be measured and that we so desperately needed to change the culture in Indy. 

15 minutes ago, Indeee said:

As a 14 yr Army veteran, I can tell you this much, good leaders don't have to yell and be "fiery". They have to have command presence. One of the best officers I ever served under I don't recall EVER raising his voice. Yet he wasn't cuddling either. Yes I realize football and combat are too different animals but leading and being a leader applies the same way. You can hold people accountable without being in their face screaming. 

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

As a 14 yr Army veteran, I can tell you this much, good leaders don't have to yell and be "fiery". They have to have command presence. One of the best officers I ever served under I don't recall EVER raising his voice. Yet he wasn't cuddling either. Yes I realize football and combat are too different animals but leading and being a leader applies the same way. You can hold people accountable without being in their face screaming. 

I remember reading a Robert Mathis Players' Tribune article where he mentioned how Dungy never yelled. How when a player was messing up, he'd tell him off  calmly, which Mathis said sometime stung more than if a coach yelled. Said it made him not want to mess up for Dungy.

Not saying Reich is gonna be like that. But it keeps to the point that you don't have to yell and scream to be considered a good leader.

35 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Actually it was JMV. 

It wasn’t. Brad had it about 12 hours before. I remember it because this very same thing happened. He said it, and everyone went “yeah whatever” and then...................

Quick dismissal of rumors right now is a dangerous thing. 

Just a week ago we were all trashing Florio because he said McDaniels was having second thoughts and might not take the job. 

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice......

2 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

To th O.P., I call ... Beee Esss as to the credibility of it.  Call me out as wrong in two to three years, if your assertion proves to be prophetically correct, but I remain extremely dubious of such an assertion.

That’s fair, literally all I said was the text I got. 

I never said it was true. 

22 minutes ago, Indeee said:

You're entitled to your concerns and some may even have merit.  I will just say that at this stage of the game given all that has happened there were going to be concerns and perceived warts with any of the three finalists for this position.  People would have said Leslie Frazier was a poor man's Dungy, not fiery enough and failed in Minnesota.  They would have said Campbell had a losing record as interim coach in Miami, isn't that experienced and not a strong X's and O's guy.   They would likely feel that he needed to be paired with a very strong OC because he is not the guy to take Luck to the next level.  Some might perceive him as little more than a "rah rah" meat head.  lol 

Whether or not any of the above is true...each one carried reasons for fans to find something to be concerned about.  So all we can do now is just see how the hire of Reich actually plays out before getting too worked up about something that may or may not prove to be a real issue. 

2 hours ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

So most of you know Brad Wells. I’ve always thought he was a *. He’s been pushing this “Peyton to the Colts FO” narrative for a while now. Never believed it honestly. But I have a friend that’s in the loop in the league and he just sent me this:

So Ballard is going to be done in Indy....
Irsay hired Reich without Ballard giving the ok. They were going to have another meeting this morning to talk Toub/Reich for the HC. Irsay just made the move. Ballard is a pro though so he probably makes it work. Issue is, Irsay made this move for Manning.
What the source said is he will be hired on at some point in the Elway role. Keep the GM for a year or two then take those duties fully.
Source also said Ballard just wanted to make the case for Toub one more time.

What he’s saying about Reich being Irsays hire and not Ballard’s matches up with Brads tweet. And the picture the Colts tweeted had irsay and Frank, Ballard wasn’t pictured.  I’m not saying I believe anything, and this probably sounds all conspiracy theory-like,  just thought this was weird and I do trust my friend. What do you guys think lol

E092C1B5-9A1F-485F-97B4-8997F01A9C3F.jpeg

I'd love to believe this is total nonsense , because if it's true and we lose Ballard , I'm done with this team. 

Straight up.

Just now, Andrew Luck fan club said:

That’s fair, literally all I said was the text I got. 

I never said it was true. 

Anything is definitely POSSIBLE, but I honestly don't think Peyton will do NFL organizational type hard work (if that made any sense). You hear about GM's and Presidents of teams sleeping in offices, watching draft footage or traveling constantly to watch players or do league functions/meetings, those types of things.

He's gonna probably do the family thing and sit on that enormous cash stack he obviously has (that's a factor also in why I say no to him doing that type of job here) and do some commentating and get paid handsomely for easy work.

I think he's also to smart to potentially ruin his legacy if he's a complete disaster. 

13 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

I remember reading a Robert Mathis Players' Tribune article where he mentioned how Dungy never yelled. How when a player was messing up, he'd tell him off  calmly, which Mathis said sometime stung more than if a coach yelled. Said it made him not want to mess up for Dungy.

Not saying Reich is gonna be like that. But it keeps to the point that you don't have to yell and scream to be considered a good leader.

Yep. I'll be honest, I've made hard core gang members cry using just words. Never once getting loud. Yet had them flat out sobbing. It's all in the delivery. If you can figure out how to motivate people and hold them accountable, and can do so without screaming, you're gonna be more successful. 

People need to stop watching old war movies and even old football movies. 

3 minutes ago, IinD said:

Anything is definitely POSSIBLE, but I honestly don't think Peyton will do NFL organizational type hard work (if that made any sense). You hear about GM's and Presidents of teams sleeping in offices, watching draft footage or traveling constantly to watch players or do league functions/meetings, those types of things.

He's gonna probably do the family thing and sit on that enormous cash stack he obviously has (that's a factor also in why I say no to him doing that type of job here) and do some commentating and get paid handsomely for easy work.

I think he's also to smart to potentially ruin his legacy if he's a complete disaster. 

I agree, I don’t see Peyton joining our FO, or anyone’s FO lol. Maybe way down the road. 

I did read a "get to know" type article on the Indy Star website that said that we had "reportedly" interviewed Toub. It was the first sentence of the article... 

Not sure if it's true, or a typo, or what... Also not sure if it lends any credence to these rumors (probably not), but I do think it's strange that it was the only mention in all of the media I read about an interview... 

Too lazy to link at the moment, and it probably means nothing, but it was basically a short profile of Toub that started with that statement. 

4 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I did read a "get to know" type article on the Indy Star website that said that we had "reportedly" interviewed Toub. It was the first sentence of the article... 

Not sure if it's true, or a typo, or what... Also not sure if it lends any credence to these rumors (probably not), but I do think it's strange that it was the only mention in all of the media I read about an interview... 

Too lazy to link at the moment, and it probably means nothing, but it was basically a short profile of Toub that started with that statement. 

I read that we’ve interviewed him too, probably the same article. I didn’t mention it because it was literally the only place I read that. So I figured they just assumed.