Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So here’s something crazy(rumor)

Andrew Luck fan club

So most of you know Brad Wells. I’ve always thought he was a *. He’s been pushing this “Peyton to the Colts FO” narrative for a while now. Never believed it honestly. But I have a friend that’s in the loop in the league and he just sent me this:

So Ballard is going to be done in Indy....
Irsay hired Reich without Ballard giving the ok. They were going to have another meeting this morning to talk Toub/Reich for the HC. Irsay just made the move. Ballard is a pro though so he probably makes it work. Issue is, Irsay made this move for Manning.
What the source said is he will be hired on at some point in the Elway role. Keep the GM for a year or two then take those duties fully.
Source also said Ballard just wanted to make the case for Toub one more time.

What he’s saying about Reich being Irsays hire and not Ballard’s matches up with Brads tweet. And the picture the Colts tweeted had irsay and Frank, Ballard wasn’t pictured.  I’m not saying I believe anything, and this probably sounds all conspiracy theory-like,  just thought this was weird and I do trust my friend. What do you guys think lol

E092C1B5-9A1F-485F-97B4-8997F01A9C3F.jpeg

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ask yourself - how many people would know for such an arrangement and all the details? Now ask yourself - do you think both your friend and Brad Wells would be in the group of people who would know about such an arrangement? Now ask yourself - if your friend and Brad Wells know about such an arrangement - how does noone of the big fishes know? Schefter? Mort? Rapoport? Nobody seems to know of anything like this? What's the chance of all of those things happening at once? 

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

Ask yourself - how many people would know for such an arrangement and all the details? Now ask yourself - do you think both your friend and Brad Wells would be in the group of people who would know about such an arrangement? Now ask yourself - if your friend and Brad Wells know about such an arrangement - how does noone of the big fishes know? Schefter? Mort? Rapoport? Nobody seems to know of anything like this? What's the chance of all of those things happening at once? 

Thank you!

I'm sorry I can't give your post more than one like.   Posts like this are needed way too many times on this site...

Oh well...   on we go!        :colts:

2 minutes ago, BOTT said:

How does Toub keep popping up?

The weird thing is that he keeps popping up by people with no apparent internal knowledge, people who only have been connecting the dots of Ballard's past... and at the same time - with plenty of opportunities to make the interest official, we never did - not in the first round of interviews, not in the second. We interviewed freaking Dan Campbell FFS, but Toub who everyone assumed will be interviewed because of his connections with Ballard never was even mentioned in any big source? 

At this point nothing would surprise me. 

The thing about this theory though is that Toub has NEVER at any point in this whole month and a half process, start to finish been mentioned in any official capacity as being even considered for an interview, let alone a serious candidate for the job that required further discussion. 

But, the last week has taught us that dismissing these kinds of rumors can be a bad idea. 

And Brad Wells, for all of his (many, many, many) faults was the first to break that Peyton needed another surgery in 2011. 

Uncertainty is high these days. 

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

I still believe nothing Brad Wells says. If you throw enough nonsense out there, you're bound to be right once or twice, but that doesn't make you a reliable source.

I’m of the same thinking of you. Just thought it was really weird that this guy told me this and how similar it is to what Brad has been saying. 

22 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

The interview lasting over 10 hours would be a good sign from Ballard, right?

But it is interesting because the photos show Reich signing the contract at Irsay's house. Ballard wasn't there from what I saw.

Yeah and good point on the interview part. Ballard had Reich in his original pool of candidates iirc, so Ballard obviously had interest in him. Seems like Irsay was the one that was 120% in on ready to hire him today. And the picture thing could be nothing at all, just think that’s odd Ballard isn’t there. 

Brad Wells is a talent-less, clueless guy who tries to create shock to get people to talk about him.  And, to his credit, it has worked here and there over the years.  He makes up all kinds of weird rumors and claims his "inside sources reported...".   Wells become unhinged when someone questioned his life partner because he was spreading rumors as well.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Maybe your friend is a Brad Wells fan/reader...

Nah he’s a Broncos guy, he knows I’m a colts fan, he told me. I said “wow, I doubt that”. He said “just letting you know”. Now I’m here, just letting you guys know lol. I know it sounds crazy and like I said in the OP, I don’t really believe it either but it’s weird how it matches up. 

4 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Can we spare the tired “my uncle/dad/mom knows so-so who works at so-so” jokes. At least come up with something original. 

Someone who was alive and in school dur5inf the NES and SNES glory days, they're not jokes, that's actual stuff I heard all the time. It's exactly what Wells does. Just because the kid said Mega Man fights a skeleton in the new Mega Man game doesnt mean he actualky knew about Skull Man. Not bashing your friend, just think Brad got lucky with this one.

29 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I said it once...and it just keeps being more apparent...the Colts are the most interesting team in the NFL. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

But Ballard is the best  going for the Colts. Jeopardizing that would unbelievably stupid.

Yes, extremely stupid words can't explain how stupid. 

I did think it was a tad bit odd, and i stress tad, that Irsay's quote was right out front on the announcement today front and center and that this happened on a Sunday so quickly, then there was a ballard quote down further along.  I'm not sure how you can ignore your GM and his position on this large of a hire.  If Irsay was trying to power-play this and rush this because of the fiasco and that he was perhaps a bit ticked off (and I hope he wasn't), this could have ripples farther down the road and could turn out to be a disaster....AND assuming what you say is true from Brad Wells and your other source. This is definitely something that we didn't want to rush.  If what you say is true, I would expect the big networks' websites to have mentioned this by the time I am done typing this.

Where is ballard?

DVyfFgrVQAE8jof.jpg:large

18 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Everyone getting all worked up, go somewhere lmao. I’m well aware how off the wall this sounds. 

You posted a wild rumor out of nowhere......  granted, you admit it is pure conjecture, with 2 off the wall sources.......  yet you are surprised by the lack of well reasoned, and positive receptions?

2 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Nah he’s a Broncos guy, he knows I’m a colts fan, he told me. I said “wow, I doubt that”. He said “just letting you know”. Now I’m here, just letting you guys know lol. I know it sounds crazy and like I said in the OP, I don’t really believe it either but it’s weird how it matches up. 

How would your friend have access to information like that? 

39 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

So most of you know Brad Wells. I’ve always thought he was a *. He’s been pushing this “Peyton to the Colts FO” narrative for a while now. Never believed it honestly. But I have a friend that’s in the loop in the league and he just sent me this:

So Ballard is going to be done in Indy....
Irsay hired Reich without Ballard giving the ok. They were going to have another meeting this morning to talk Toub/Reich for the HC. Irsay just made the move. Ballard is a pro though so he probably makes it work. Issue is, Irsay made this move for Manning.
What the source said is he will be hired on at some point in the Elway role. Keep the GM for a year or two then take those duties fully.
Source also said Ballard just wanted to make the case for Toub one more time.

What he’s saying about Reich being Irsays hire and not Ballard’s matches up with Brads tweet. And the picture the Colts tweeted had irsay and Frank, Ballard wasn’t pictured.  I’m not saying I believe anything, and this probably sounds all conspiracy theory-like,  just thought this was weird and I do trust my friend. What do you guys think lol

E092C1B5-9A1F-485F-97B4-8997F01A9C3F.jpeg

Here's Breer directly contradicting the timeline of your friend's information:

2 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

You posted a wild rumor out of nowhere......  granted, you admit it is pure conjecture, with 2 off the wall sources.......  yet you are surprised by the lack of well reasoned, and positive receptions?

The thing is this is a very important offseason for Ballard and this franchise. If Ballard strikes gold this offseason than he's sitting pretty with his job. But if he strikes out then he might be on the hot seat but I personally don't see it.