Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If not the Colts, then who?

Barry Sears

Going to be tough watching the second half of the season as a Colts fan.  Let's hope no one else ends up on he IR, and that we can see some effort and some improvement by our young players.  We'll also eventually learn our draft position for next spring and can then look forward to the off-season.

So, since we're out of any possible playoff situation, is there another team you're going to start watching more, rooting for?  Doesn't mean you're still not a Colts fan, but it does keep my interest if I'm rooting for someone who has a chance to win the Super Bowl (which is ANYONE but the Pats).

I did something similar this baseball season when my St. Louis Cardinals were an unlikely post season team and my interests were drawn to the Houston Astros.  I saw them play early in the year and really liked their core group of young players.  Exciting team to watch and they ended up winning it all and kept my interest in baseball up through the World Series.

That being said, I'll be more closely watching a couple of other teams I've always liked...Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC and the Carolina Panthers in the NFC.

Even as division rivals i want the Jags to take it all the way. Growing up I didnt fully understand the divisional rivalries so jags and texans were always my teams behind colts and seahawks. After seeing them struggle for so long i want to see them take it all the way.

The Saints have been my 2nd team to root for over the last 10-15 years. Luckily they are looking pretty good this year. Glad to see one of the teams I follow is starting to get a defense together. haha

Also my CFL team has really turned it around after a rough start, and they are just about into playoffs up here, so ive got that going for me for a bit. Its been entertaining seeing Colts cast-offs tearing up the league up north. 

3 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Going to be tough watching the second half of the season as a Colts fan.  Let's hope no one else ends up on he IR, and that we can see some effort and some improvement by our young players.  We'll also eventually learn our draft position for next spring and can then look forward to the off-season.

So, since we're out of any possible playoff situation, is there another team you're going to start watching more, rooting for?  Doesn't mean you're still not a Colts fan, but it does keep my interest if I'm rooting for someone who has a chance to win the Super Bowl (which is ANYONE but the Pats).

I did something similar this baseball season when my St. Louis Cardinals were an unlikely post season team and my interests were drawn to the Houston Astros.  I saw them play early in the year and really liked their core group of young players.  Exciting team to watch and they ended up winning it all and kept my interest in baseball up through the World Series.

That being said, I'll be more closely watching a couple of other teams I've always liked...Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC and the Carolina Panthers in the NFC.

I like KC.

The other teams I watch and cheer for are the Bears (1985 was a glorious year), Packers, Chiefs (I saw them live earlier in the year on Monday Night Football, loved that KC BBQ!), & Vikings (the only team that is a quasi near drive away from the Peg ... 7.5 hours).  I also used to really like the Chargers back in the Fouts, John Jefferson, Chuck Muncie, Kellen Winslow days.  Kind of developed a hate on for the Chargers, though, when they kept getting in the way of Manning’s Colts in the 2000’s.

Colts are and always will be my number one, though.

17 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

The other teams I watch and cheer for are the Bears (1985 was a glorious year), Packers, Chiefs, & Vikings.  I also used to really like the Chargers back in the Fouts, John Jefferson, Chuck Muncie, Kellen Winslow days.  Kind of developed a hate on for them, though, when they kept getting in the way of Manning’s Colts in the 2000’s.

Colts are and always will be my number one, though.

Those Chargers teams were fun to watch in the early 80's. The 85 Bears should've went undefeated.

On 11/3/2017 at 3:02 PM, KB said:

Even as division rivals i want the Jags to take it all the way. Growing up I didnt fully understand the divisional rivalries so jags and texans were always my teams behind colts and seahawks. After seeing them struggle for so long i want to see them take it all the way.

i like their 4-3 defense and the way their front office went out and got proven elite talent, i think they will be in the sb/ jags this year then the texans for years and years

11 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

It was Green Bay, till ARod got hurt.

To me I'll be rooting for the Eagles, Saints, and anyone in the North.

I can't get behind an AFC.

I'm the same way... Gotta root for an NFC team if Indy is stalling...

I usually pick a non-Bears team from the NFC North because there are so many Bears fans where I live and apparently I'm a contrarian. This year I think it's Minnesota. My mom and grandma are from up there, not that either gives a hoot about the Vikings, but it's a connection nonetheless. 

1 minute ago, coltsfeva said:

Anybody but the Pats or Eagles. If they both make the SB, I’ll reluctantly root for Eagles.

Curious why you don't like the Eagles. Wentz seems like a likable guy that's easy to root for and they are outside the conference. Is it because of the city they represent?

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Curious why you don't like the Eagles. Wentz seems like a likable guy that's easy to root for and they are outside the conference. Is it because of the city they represent?

I live in the area. The years when the Colts were bad, I would get crap from Eagles fans so, I acquired a distain for the team that runs deep. 

But you’re right, Wentz is the real deal. Like I said, if it came down to them and the Pats, I’d root for the Eagles. Otherwise not so much...

Ill probably still watch all of the Colts remaining games. I really miss Malik Hooker though. He was the reason to watch the defense every game. I wanted him to be the first round pick and my wish came true. And then an injury to a major colts player once again. And on that play, I’d still rather be hit high than low. If a player doesn’t have his legs, he can’t do anything. But to who I’ll be rooting for to win the SB, I’m going with the Eagles. How can you not like Carson Wentz? The guy is ballin’ and making it look easy. No way they won’t be in the SB as long as he keeps playing lights out

58 minutes ago, ponyboy said:

I'm rooting for the Browns, SF, NYG, TB, ARI, CIN, LAC, and CHI.  The excitement for the rest of the season is all about the Colts improving their draft position.

As a Colts fan I can't fathom rooting for them to lose. Draft position has zero to do with it. It makes no difference where you pick, it's who you pick. The Patriots have the hardware to prove it.

A second year QB taking his team to the Super Bowl.  That in itself impressive.  And this team(Phi) is doing it  since Grigson left even though it's years later.  But still this organization had a vision and put this plan into place and is making the difference years later.  And now with the Colts, with Luck turning 29 years old at the start of the 2018 season. His years in the pros are diminishing in his chances to win the big one, let alone maybe get into the playoffs especially the other teams in his division improving with leaps and bounds.  We can only hope and place our trust in the new GM....Good luck Colt fans....