Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If not the Colts, then who?

Barry Sears

22 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Does no one remember my 4-12 "luck will not play this year" season prediction? it was obvious from the beginning this was a thrown season.

But anyways, I've been watching KC. 

Was that when you posted every possible outcome so you could quote yourself later in the year?   I remember that.  So good!

;)

23 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Going to be tough watching the second half of the season as a Colts fan.  Let's hope no one else ends up on he IR, and that we can see some effort and some improvement by our young players.  We'll also eventually learn our draft position for next spring and can then look forward to the off-season.

So, since we're out of any possible playoff situation, is there another team you're going to start watching more, rooting for?  Doesn't mean you're still not a Colts fan, but it does keep my interest if I'm rooting for someone who has a chance to win the Super Bowl (which is ANYONE but the Pats).

I did something similar this baseball season when my St. Louis Cardinals were an unlikely post season team and my interests were drawn to the Houston Astros.  I saw them play early in the year and really liked their core group of young players.  Exciting team to watch and they ended up winning it all and kept my interest in baseball up through the World Series.

That being said, I'll be more closely watching a couple of other teams I've always liked...Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC and the Carolina Panthers in the NFC.

I quit watching the NFL when the texans/ inmates took a knee.  Hadn't missed trying to hear a Colts game since the 1950s

21 minutes ago, James said:

The New England Patriots.

They are everything I want the Colts to be. Ruthless and successful.

I like watching teams dominate, and Brady winning his 6th (!) ring would be something to behold.

I like up and coming newcomers. I like the Eagles, Vikings, and Chiefs. 

If somehow, the Chiefs can get a #1 seeding with the Patriots and Steelers in the #2-3 seeding bracket, that would help the Chiefs. Chiefs match up well vs the Patriots, Patriots match up well with the Steelers, so that could set up a Chiefs-Patriots AFCCG at home for the Chiefs. I can see a Eagles-Vikings NFCCG as well.

Chiefs vs Eagles regular season rematch would be worth watching in the SB.

However, I know how things will transpire. Chiefs and Steelers will lose once more and it will be Patriots-Steelers in Foxboro for AFCCG, again. This is why I hate road Thursday night games for top seeds. Patriots almost lost to the freaking Bucs, and the Chiefs did lose to the Raiders in a close one. I'd almost suggest moving it to Friday night.

Maybe the Broncos, with Osweiler, somehow get into the playoff dance and mess a few things up. It is more likely than Flacco and the Ravens doing so. No Broncos and Ravens means two teams that match up well vs the Patriots on defense no longer in the picture.

50 minutes ago, James said:

The New England Patriots.

They are everything I want the Colts to be. Ruthless and successful.

I like watching teams dominate, and Brady winning his 6th (!) ring would be something to behold.

I'd rather set myself on fire then root or admire NE personally.

20 hours ago, rockywoj said:

The other teams I watch and cheer for are the Bears (1985 was a glorious year), Packers, Chiefs (I saw them live earlier in the year on Monday Night Football, loved that KC BBQ!), & Vikings (the only team that is a quasi near drive away from the Peg ... 7.5 hours).  I also used to really like the Chargers back in the Fouts, John Jefferson, Chuck Muncie, Kellen Winslow days.  Kind of developed a hate on for the Chargers, though, when they kept getting in the way of Manning’s Colts in the 2000’s.

Colts are and always will be my number one, though.

The first NFL game I ever attended was in 1979 when Air Coryell's Chargers visited Foxboro. The Pats got off to an early 20-0 lead and then held on to win 27-21. It was awesome.

After the game we tried to get the attention of some Patriots players to no avail but a Chargers linebacker named Linden King came over to see us. He was friendly and gracious and he signed autographs for us. Our QB (our high school team went to the game) jumped down on the field and threw toss with him. It was a great experience. I'll never forget it.

Since then I've always had a soft spot for the Chargers. They have had tough luck having had some great teams through the years.

On 11/4/2017 at 11:35 AM, Fluke_33 said:

Was that when you posted every possible outcome so you could quote yourself later in the year?   I remember that.  So good!

;)

No. I made the one prediction. It was 4-12. Luck wouldn't play. 

i don't even post enough for that comment to hold any merit...