Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone else excited?

CanuckColtsFan

It's been a long off season. Lots of change, I'm really looking forward to see the team we field. The D could be improved but there's a lot of youth and the arrow is pointing up for years to come. Watching NE drop their first game was great. Heck, when a Luck comes back I think we see his best play ever. Chuck has a good record with backups too so maybe we get creative and get some wins without Luck. I'm going to Seattle for our Sunday nighter. Great to have football back.

5 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

It's been a long off season. Lots of change, I'm really looking forward to see the team we field. The D could be improved but there's a lot of youth and the arrow is pointing up for years to come. Watching NE drop their first game was great. Heck, when a Luck comes back I think we see his best play ever. Chuck has a good record with backups too so maybe we get creative and get some wins without Luck. I'm going to Seattle for our Sunday nighter. Great to have football back.

Hasselbeck and Tolzien are are very much different quarterbacks. If he can game plan a victory with

Tolzien under center then color me impressed.

no. 

this is the least excited I've been since the 1980s. Ballard has churned the roster, but outside of maybe our first two draft picks, I don't see any above average NFL players on defense. 

Offense? without Luck, no offense. And I think it may be a long time before we see Luck. They're not even letting him see the practice field. 

I'm definitely excited. I can't wait to see what the defense looks like outta the gate.

I'm sure there will be ugly moments (Melvin getting bullied by Watkins is a likely scenario), but I what to see what Woods, Hankins, and Anderson do against Gurley and whether or not our OLBs can win some 1on1s. I would love to see our D force a couple turnovers. Maybe Hunt blocks a kick. Wilson, Hairston, and Hooker will all be on my radar in the secondary when they play.

Of course, I hope that the offense has some success too, but I'm going to keep my expectations low on that front. If our defense can set us up with good field position (and hopefully a TD), then we can get a W...

I'm not predicting a win, but we aren't playing the Steelers here.. It will be possible... Hard to give the Rams a big homefield advantage in their first game game in LA since their last game in LA.

Win or lose, I'll be happy with a good showing from our young defenders and some flashes from the rookies, though... All expectations are dampened until #12 comes back healthy.  Go Colts!!

I am always excited for football, but I just get inherently more excited when the Colts are underdogs.

It used to be we just expected to win with Manning against inferior AFC South opponents and were pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot.  Now the AFC South is wide open and we seem to be unanimous longshots to make the playoffs, with or without Luck.

I don't think there's anything more exciting than rooting for an underdog to do the unexpected.  The Giants SB when NE was 18-0 was one of the most exciting games I've ever experienced.

:excited:

14 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Yeah, color me excited.  A lot of unknowns out there this year.  That alone gets me pumped, but knowing that they're our future (hopefully) is even more exciting.  We can do this!!

Go Colts!  :td:

The Blue Meanies are coming!

GO COLTS!!

3 hours ago, Gigc said:

no. 

this is the least excited I've been since the 1980s. Ballard has churned the roster, but outside of maybe our first two draft picks, I don't see any above average NFL players on defense. 

Offense? without Luck, no offense. And I think it may be a long time before we see Luck. They're not even letting him see the practice field. 

If mack goes off like hunt i will be

Too much pessimism in here for me. Is Scott Tolzien about to carve up a Wade Phillips defense? Probably not. But I'm not about to start saying we have no chance just because of him. Ballard has made some sweeping changes on this team and I'm pretty damn stoked to see what they look like. I'm not even one of the posters that looks at the coaches and front office like they're football gods, I've put plenty of criticism on everybody, but this defeatist attitude before a single down has been played is pretty sad among my fellow Colts fans. 

11 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I'm more worried and concerned about this season than excited. Hoping that the injuries stop and Luck is back to playing elite  soon. 

Injuries are a broken record with this team, we will always have them in great numbers --- just a hex I think.  Not sure who put it on us, but someone did.

11 hours ago, IinD said:

Heck yeah, let's get this 6-10 team rolling baby. Football is finally back, I don't care if they suck.

I'm not gonna lie man. My sarcastic funny bone did find  this post amusing, especially you're first sentence. 

I don't think you truly believe that honestly. Still sidesplitting hysterical though LD. 

Very Monty Python/Fish Called Wanda; John Cleese-Eske actually. :hat: