Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bruce "JoJo" Natson

indyagent17

I looked around and I did not see a post about this so my advance apologies if it was

It was very odd to see him put the ball on the ground 3 times, I know he has a lot of upside but could that lead to him being cut? I sure hope not and I do not think he will and Bray will be the odd man out but I was disheartening to see that last night.

Do you think he could played himself into being cut?

1 minute ago, pgt_rob said:

I think it cost him his roster spot last night. I think the upside is there, but nobody likes a fumbler. Sadly, I think he's gone and Bray is there. I personally don't have a preference between Quan Bray or JoJo.

Natson is better than Bray by a mile everybody has a bad day at one time or another Natson could be a consistent threat at receiver if needed Bray cant do that he is simply a return man.

It seems cruel, but I think they should call him to the office, have him bring his playbook, and spend a good five minutes reviewing his fumbles. Then tell him that he made the team. Stress to him the importance of ball security. He did everything else right, IMO, then had a nightmarish game yesterday, but the ability is obvious. Hopefully that will impel him to treat the ball like a prized possession every time he touches it, and emphasize that the difference between making the roster and going home is a razor's edge. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hopefully this leads to Natson ending up on the PS.      Him and Howard would be a nice future pair if this turns out to be the last year for Moncrief and Dorsett.

I just don't think he'll last on the PS.  Someone is going to snatch him.  One bad game - and it was bad - but the potential is there.  You can't teach his speed or quickness, but you can teach him to treasure the pigskin.  I would still rather see him on the 53 than Bray.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

It seems cruel, but I think they should call him to the office, have him bring his playbook, and spend a good five minutes reviewing his fumbles. Then tell him that he made the team. Stress to him the importance of ball security. He did everything else right, IMO, then had a nightmarish game yesterday, but the ability is obvious. Hopefully that will impel him to treat the ball like a prized possession every time he touches it, and emphasize that the difference between making the roster and going home is a razor's edge. 

I would hope he knows the importance of ball security by now.  In fact I'm sure he does.  The problem is he's a small man getting clobbered by NFL players.  Unfortunately his size is working against him.  They might save his life by cutting him.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would hope he knows the importance of ball security by now.  In fact I'm sure he does.  The problem is he's a small man getting clobbered by NFL players.  Unfortunately his size is working against him.  They might save his life by cutting him.

His size had nothing to do with his fumbles. 

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

It sure didnt. Hes been playing against bigger players his whole life and all of preseason. Just think he's a special talent. That was William Jackson 3rd that he burned on that deep ball. Tall lanky fast corner who was their 1st or 2nd round pick from last year. Jo Jo seems to always find a way open. Give me some Jo Jo. I didnt like the fumbles but I think it was out of the norm.

15 minutes ago, Superman said:

I didn't see the game last night because I was watching the IU OSU game....did he fumble by getting the snot knocked out of him, muffing a punt, or careless and guy punched it out. Very curious because he has shown the ability to help the team in the return game but I think THE WORST turnover in football is a special team turnover....usually is in bad field position and usually changes total momentum (after a defense stop or before we can react to a score). Its honestly the most dreaded turnover in my book.

He fumbled after a long catch, being chased from behind and the DB ripped the ball out. Then he fumbled on a long punt return (best and worst in one play), just didn't have the ball tucked well. Then he muffed a punt, and at that point, it was clearly in his head. None of the plays resulted in turnovers, but that's not the point. You can't fumble.

Still, he went all preseason with no fumbles. He just got careless last night. I'd keep him because he's electric, he's a good returner, and he gets open as a receiver. You can fix fumble-itis, but you can't teach his ability. He'd have a very short rope, but I don't think he needs it. After last night, he'll probably never fumble again. 

21 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't think being 5'7 is the problem, but I think being 150 pounds and lacking NFL strength might lead to more fumbles than normal. I just can't imagine him being able to hold onto the ball against 215 pound DBs going for the strip or big hit especially if he's playing against starters. I hope he makes the PS but I wouldn't want to see him running a slant into the opposing LBs

1 minute ago, Luck 4 president said:

I don't think being 5'7 is the problem, but I think being 150 pounds and lacking NFL strength might lead to more fumbles than normal. I just can't imagine him being able to hold onto the ball against 215 pound DBs going for the strip or big hit especially if he's playing against starters. I hope he makes the PS but I wouldn't want to see him running a slant into the opposing LBs

He's touched the ball 30-40 times this preseason, no fumbles. Then he has 3 fumbles in about 5 touches. I think it's just carelessness. 

Just now, Superman said:

He's touched the ball 30-40 times this preseason, no fumbles. Then he has 3 fumbles in about 5 touches. I think it's just carelessness. 

I agree.  Looking over your previous posts - which I agree with - I think he needs to be humbled a bit.  Brought back to earth - like you eluded to by asking him to bring his notebook with him to the office.  He's young and I think this will settle him down a bit.

CUT, and placed on PS if he clears waivers. Trindon Holliday was a seasonal favorite with the Broncos too, helped in a playoff game as well but after fumbling enough times, it got old. 

Is the upside worth keeping him at the cost of his downside? I think yes but unfortunately, if he makes the team ONLY as a KR/PR, not as a WR, and if that is the criteria, he is definitely CUT.

His ability is unique w.r.t the Colts team but not w.r.t the NFL. There are teams loaded at WR, like the Steelers, that will be letting go of good wide outs too. So, I'd take my chances, cut him, and sign him to the PS and let him earn his keep. We need 3 QBs, hands down, and we need roster spots with fewer question marks.

Holliday had a long history of being a fumbler. Natson did not prior to last night. Holliday never had the same skill set or impact from the WR position as JoJo. There is nobody the Steelers are cutting who is better than Natson. Please dont even mention that trash Sammy Coates.

If there were no ball security issues in practice nothing until last night I hope he gets a pass. He is clearly the best option we have in the return game. He appears to have the talent to change a game in that role. As has been pointed out he flashed as a WR as well. Terrance Wilkins is the last kick returner I can remember that made me feel like something could happen on the return.  TY did for a second but we aren't sending him out there. A special teams score goes a long way toward a W.  It would be nice to have that threat. 

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

Trying to imagine TY, JoJo, Dorsett and Moncrief on the field together. Then you add Mack to the mix.

Keep talking Krunk it sounds like Grease Lightening. I think Mack coming out of the backfield is what can take the O to new level. 

5 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I just don't think he'll last on the PS.  Someone is going to snatch him.  One bad game - and it was bad - but the potential is there.  You can't teach his speed or quickness, but you can teach him to treasure the pigskin.  I would still rather see him on the 53 than Bray.

Im not picking between Natson or Bray.

im picking between Natson and another position.      I've never liked 6 wide receivers.    I'd prefer 5.     I'd also prefer 3 tight ends and not 4.     Especially when two of the TE's are Williams and Daniels.    

Blech!!

We're shorting ourselves at other positions to carry too many players at positions where we can get by with fewer.

JMO