Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This team is being disrespected

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Zalazar Elijahh said:

We have to prove it on the field before anyone is ready to believe in us. But Colts fans know what's coming.

Yes to proving it on the field. No to we know what's coming. While I very much like the player personnel and some of the staff additions, putting in all together and performing is a completely different thing.

On 5/8/2017 at 7:20 PM, Superman said:

I don't think Luck has underachieved, at all. Maybe the team has, but I really only feel that way about 2016. Prior to that, the team probably overachieved, with the playoff success through 2014, and then Luck was hurt most of 2015 and the team went 6-3 without him.

It's difficult to separate individual performance(s) from the team performance. The team consists of more than just players on the field, however, and that seems to be the cause of "underachievement". Fans may never know what the problems are (or were), but there are (or were) problems to be overcome. I'm not sure that it is possible to "overachieve" (like giving 110% day in and day out). Yes, there are intangibles, but they are always present.

On 5/9/2017 at 3:29 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

8-8 is underachieving for us I agree, was just pointing out as long as we have Luck we wont stink. 8-8 is Average. I want 11-5's again but we will see if that happens. I think so far we have had a great offseason.

I want 14-2

15 hours ago, BOTT said:

One was validictorian of his HS, graduated from Stanford in architectural engineering, and scored a 37 on his wonderlic.

Manning went to state school and majored in communications (jock major) and scored a 28 on the wonderlic.

i think I win quite easily.

if you say so. I know a few friends of mine who bet with me that Peyton would lose to the panthers in the super bowl and I made some solid coin from that. I would never bet against Peyton manning. 

2 hours ago, Zalazar Elijahh said:

if you say so. I know a few friends of mine who bet with me that Peyton would lose to the panthers in the super bowl and I made some solid coin from that. I would never bet against Peyton manning. 

I didn't vote against Von miller and that defense.

11 hours ago, deedub75 said:

Book smart - yes.  Football smart - no. 

Probably not, but....

Manning's early years pretty much defined how a team should go about treating a young franchise QB.

Luck's early years have been quite the opposite.

4 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Bruschi did say Luck was an average QB earlier today. 

Definitely much better than average.  But hasn't quite lived up to the "once in a generation talent" mantra yet either.  He gets more talent around him now and less room for excuses.  Looking forward to seeing what he does next season.

8 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Definitely much better than average.  But hasn't quite lived up to the "once in a generation talent" mantra yet either.  He gets more talent around him now and less room for excuses.  Looking forward to seeing what he does next season.

If coaches don't know how to use said talent, it's kind of irrelevant.

19 minutes ago, BOTT said:

If coaches don't know how to use said talent, it's kind of irrelevant.

That's a concern of mine as well but I don't think it's an excuse where Luck is concerned.  I think he has the talent to cover up much of their inadequacies when he is on.  The talent around him is better so I expect to see him cut down on his turnovers and maximize possessions.  He should get more possessions next season to boot.

I am more concerned about him not being 100% physically and that impacting his on field performance.  If healthy, I want to see him reduce his interceptions to single digits and throw for at least 30 TDs.  I don't think that is an unreasonable expectation for a QB of his talent, caliber and experience in the league.

31 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

That's a concern of mine as well but I don't think it's an excuse where Luck is concerned.  I think he has the talent to cover up much of their inadequacies when he is on.  The talent around him is better so I expect to see him cut down on his turnovers and maximize possessions.  He should get more possessions next season to boot.

I am more concerned about him not being 100% physically and that impacting his on field performance.  If healthy, I want to see him reduce his interceptions to single digits and throw for at least 30 TDs.  I don't think that is an unreasonable expectation for a QB of his talent, caliber and experience in the league.

I see him playing in the same old offense Chuck wants....long routes, holding onto the ball waiting for something to develop and Luck taking more hits.  

Name the elite quarterbacks then name their offensive coordinators.  It's not coincidence.

1 hour ago, Indyfan4life said:

Bruschi did say Luck was an average QB earlier today. 

Bruschi sucks ..

Damian Woody on ESPN today said Marcus Mariota is better than Andrew Luck & stated either the titans or texans would take the AFC South his pick is the titans . The titans had a better o-line last year but there is no way there QB is better than Luck .

29 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I see him playing in the same old offense Chuck wants....long routes, holding onto the ball waiting for something to develop and Luck taking more hits.  

Name the elite quarterbacks then name their offensive coordinators.  It's not coincidence.

That also worries me, which is why i was on the get a new coach train, once grigs was fired. Still i see many people talking about lucks poor consistancy over the past two seasons. Conveniently forgetting that he played most of those seasons with a shoulder injury. Some speculated he injured the shoulder in preseason of '15. Hopefully with that corrected we will see a Luck more congruent with the guy we saw progressing dramatically in '14.

6 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Bruschi sucks ..

Damian Woody on ESPN today said Marcus Mariota is better than Andrew Luck & stated either the titans or texans would take the AFC South his pick is the titans . The titans had a better o-line last year but there is no way there QB is better than Luck .

We are definetly the underdogs media wide in the afcs. I hope that makes this whole franchise hungry, thowing jet fuel on a wild fire. Hopefully that becomes a paganoism this season when we set the league on fire! :thmup:

20 hours ago, BOTT said:

One was validictorian of his HS, graduated from Stanford in architectural engineering, and scored a 37 on his wonderlic.

Manning went to state school and majored in communications (jock major) and scored a 28 on the wonderlic.

Manning did have a 3.61 GPA at Tennessee, FWIW.

29 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Bruschi sucks ..

The espn talking heads get bashed a lot, but former players consistently give them a run for their money.

3 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I love Luck but he was for sure definitely over hyped coming out of college, I mean oh my Gawd he was.....even I admit it. Nothing short of a few early SB wins was going to help live up to the hype he got sadly.

7 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

Our front office will get some respect this upcoming season, but as long as Pagano is here, this team will continue to not be taken seriously until he gets the axe.

Those are just the facts.

Not taken seriously by whom?

Irsay takes him seriously.      Ballard takes him seriously.

The NFL takes him seriously.

It's just the haters on this website that don't.

THOSE are just the facts.

I love it! Put it up in the board and use that crap as fuel. I know people telling me or doubting me had driven me to ridiculous goals. Even at age 41 I'm still at a very high level of not highest I've ever been. Just a lot more humble now :)

Let them talk.  I say this: If our defense can keep an opposing offense from scoring let's say , an average of 24 points/game, Luck won't have to feel he HAS to win each and every game.  He won't have to hold the ball, and scramble every play looking to extend it and end up sacked, or throw an interception.  Once he has some kind of faith in the other half of the football team, he can settle down.  THAT is where we start taking back our division.  And then we can once again put ourselves back in  the offseason discussions.  But until this defense can create turnovers, pressure a QB, and stop a run, (all of them atleast mid ranked.) Andrew will still feel the pressure that is on him.  This offseason i believe was a step in the right direction, but how big a step has yet to be seen.

11 hours ago, Jules said:

I love Luck but he was for sure definitely over hyped coming out of college, I mean oh my Gawd he was.....even I admit it. Nothing short of a few early SB wins was going to help live up to the hype he got sadly.

Jules compare 18 to 12 first 5 seasons there pretty close with the exception of 18's second season they were close , 

http://www.complex.com/sports/2016/03/peyton-mannings-seasons-ranked/2000

Plus 18 had more weapons he had Faulk his first season & then Edge - 12 had a o-line that would have gotten 18 killed 12 ran for his life & still led his team to 3  11-5 seasons hype did'nt win those games Andrew Luck like Peyton Manning carried his team .

The same problems faced by both QB's a defense that could'nt stop the run or preserve a led . 

Tony Dungy was brought in to fix the defense he failed for the most part that is why we have only 1 lombardi .

Chuck Pagano was also brought in to fix the defense still waiting is this the year the Colts finally field a defense we fans can be proud of since Jim Mora left i have waited finally this year looks like maybe we can finally have what was promised .

Offense draws crowds Defense wins the Lombardi we saw this when our Colts the worst defense in the regular season came to life & played like champs for a full 60 minutes ,

I'v watched this team from day 1 as the indy Colts we have had 3 great QB's starting with Jim Harbaugh Capt Comeback - Peyton Manning the Sheriff & now Andrew Luck  hype no  , They just can't do it all its a team effort .

Ryan Grigson failed this team but the 1 thing he got right was Andrew Luck 

You wanna talk hype talk RG3 drafting him would have been a disaster .

On 5/8/2017 at 6:18 PM, BOTT said:

Tom Moore >  Luck's offensive coordinators

I agree with this except for Bruce Arians.  I would put Arians right up there with Moore.

I can't go a single family get-together without my uncle complaining about how the Colts should have promoted Arians to HC, and fired Chuck.

Unfortunately for Luck, he only had Arians for one year, whereas Manning had Moore the whole time he was in Indy.

On 5/9/2017 at 11:06 PM, BOTT said:

Luck is smarter than manning....I would bet.

On 5/10/2017 at 0:19 AM, BOTT said:

You might want to qualify these statements.  Humans are getting smarter, so in general, the younger generation will be "smarter" than the older generations.  In general, Luck is probably smarter when it comes to classic standards, like the test scores, and academic accomplishments you mentioned above.  

But when it comes to football IQ, which is kinda the main focus of NFL QBs, Manning blows every other NFL QB in history out of the water.  Ryan Fitzpatrick and his offspring are certifiable geniuses in the regular world, but in the NFL, Fitz couldn't hold Mannings' jockstrap when it comes to football intelligence.

In any other situation besides being an NFL QB (and maybe social-interaction), Luck would probably run mental circles around Manning, but Manning is the most football-intelligent NFL QB to ever play.

On 5/8/2017 at 2:41 PM, BlueCollarColts said:

By the national media, and I'm kind of blown away by it. Now i'm not saying this team needs to be considered the favorites or anything, it's perfectly fine to have the teams that beat the Colts last year above them, but we're not even mentioned with being a team even able to compete in this division... And the Jags are! I just watched ESPN's breakdown of the division, and they mentioned the Jags and Titans as teams that have improved and can challenge the Texans while insinuating the Colts haven't improved much.. What? I don't want to lump all of the media together, as this seems to be more the perspective of the national media, but I just find it completely shocking we've become a complete afterthought in the division despite losing the division by only one game last year with Luck missing time due to injury.

I get what you're saying but it doesn't matter what they say. They never liked us when we were winning all the time. Sure it's great when they say nice things about us but in the end, it doesn't matter at all. The game is played on the field and it's all about wins and losses.