Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

on JMV today / Peyton Manning rumors (merge)

LJpalmbeacher2

10 hours ago, Mr Coffee said:

How long have you been around here?? I am a new poster, but have been lurking here for years, but there's one thing you should learn early on - never disagree with Superman.  He is always right.  Always.  He has never been wrong in his entire life, and he will make sure that he puts us peasants in our place in a smug, snarky, and arrogant way.

I'm sorry you feel disrespected by Superman.     Perhaps you skin is super thin or your sensitivity to criticism is very strong?     Honestly,  I'm stunned you view him that way.      Superman has the patience of a Saint, and I don't mean from New Orleans.    Most posters here LOVE inter-acting with him.    He's the sharpest knife in our drawer and he could cut posters here to pieces, but he almost never does.     He spoon feeds them answers that they could get on their own if they would just think before they post.     Or if they just looked around this website and read some stories or viewed some videotape.       Or if they checked out NFL.com or ESPN.com.    There's good information out there,  but many posters here act like they're allergic to good information.  

He typically is patient and respectful. 

I,  on the other hand,  have a well earned reputation for being an arrogant jerk.    I marvel at Superman's patience.   If I had half his patience I'd be a much better poster and person.     If you think this way of Superman, I'm confident in time you'll grow to dislike me much, MUCH more,  if you don't already?  

And I'm NOT proud of that.     I'm just saying....

This website is lucky he's a diehard Colts fan.    It would be noticeably and dramatically worse if he ever left.

Perhaps you'll have better exchanges with him in the future.....

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when now does the Manning resentment start? Who's gonna be the first one to go all "I can't believe Peyton didn't come save us! How dare he rather spend his time playing with his kids and making Papa John's commercials with guys in horse suits! I wore his jersey every Sunday for 6 years and now he forsakes us?!"

Of course none of that would have anything on the maniacal madness that would ensue if he takes a position with another franchise.

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

So when now does the Manning resentment start? Who's gonna be the first one to go all "I can't believe Peyton didn't come save us! How dare he rather spend his time playing with his kids and making Papa John's commercials with guys in horse suits! I wore his jersey every Sunday for 6 years and now he forsakes us?!"

Of course none of that would have anything on the maniacal madness that would ensue if he takes a position with another franchise.

No one knows if he was even offered a job

No one knows if he was even offered a job

People were also told no major changes were coming, but they came into today fully expecting them. People don't tend to be a very good judge of situations.

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Honestly it's impossible to know what Peyton could do in a different role. More than likely it would be like the Larry Bird thing with the Pacers. Plenty of ups and downs and people on both sides of the fence on the job he has done. I'm ok either way if Peyton decides to come to the Colts or not. Personally I'd prefer he go into tv and analyze games because I think his insight and whit would be perfect for that. He could just as easily spoil our love of him by coming back and messing stuff up for us. As long as he doesn't go to NE and take over for Bill I'm happy for whatever he does.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Honestly it's impossible to know what Peyton could do in a different role. More than likely it would be like the Larry Bird thing with the Pacers. Plenty of ups and downs and people on both sides of the fence on the job he has done. I'm ok either way if Peyton decides to come to the Colts or not. Personally I'd prefer he go into tv and analyze games because I think his insight and whit would be perfect for that. He could just as easily spoil our love of him by coming back and messing stuff up for us. As long as he doesn't go to NE and take over for Bill I'm happy for whatever he does.

Madden told Peyton to skip TV and go right into running a franchise. I think that was good advice. He will be great and he will surround himself with good people to back him up.

2 hours ago, John Waylon said:

I wouldn't resent him its ridiculous that anyone would this was more local fodder than national. NFL.com etc never latched onto this story. It wouldn't surprise me if Jimbo had the local media put it out there knowing that it was never going to happen but at least it would lessen the blow of Grigson/Pagano coming back since Manning wouldn't come here(never was BTW) 

I don't see Peyton taking on any NFL role where he doesn't have a stake in the team and it probably won't be for years his kids are small they only grow up once. 

10 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Kravitz has reported from a very reliable source that Manning as GM has no legs.  

I said this from day 1 but for some reason people went with it.

I don't see Manning dumb enough to align himself with this trainwreck.

18 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm sorry you feel disrespected by Superman.     Perhaps you skin is super thin or your sensitivity to criticism is very strong?     Honestly,  I'm stunned you view him that way.      Superman has the patience of a Saint, and I don't mean from New Orleans.    Most posters here LOVE inter-acting with him.    He's the sharpest knife in our drawer and he could cut posters here to pieces, but he almost never does.     He spoon feeds them answers that they could get on their own if they would just think before they post.     Or if they just looked around this website and read some stories or viewed some videotape.       Or if they checked out NFL.com or ESPN.com.    There's good information out there,  but many posters here act like they're allergic to good information.  

I,  on the other hand,  have a well earned reputation for being an arrogant jerk.    I marvel at Superman's patience.   If I had half his patience I'd be a much better poster and person.     If you think this way of Superman, I'm confident in time you'll grow to dislike me much, MUCH more,  if you don't already?  

This website is lucky he's a diehard Colts fan.    It would be noticeably and dramatically worse if he ever left.

I wasn't talking about his comments to me in particular, and I doubt any of us lose sleep over what someone said to us in a message board.    I'm not sure that I've interacted with him directly.  I was more so referring to some of his interactions with others.  I probably shouldn't have called him out like that.  He is very knowledgeable when it comes to football, and I always read what he has to say because of that fact.  

There are facts and there are opinions.  In general, I wish people wouldn't be so quick to dismiss someone else's opinion as stupid if they disagree with it.  I don't post often, but I do enjoy reading the back and forth dialogue amongst fans with differing opinions and theories.  My only annoyance is that some people have an opinion on issues that they view as cold, hard facts.  I'm not talking about anyone in particular, but in general.  If you disagree with their OPINIONS, you are basically dismissed as  stupid, and someone who doesn't know anything about football.  

You and I have gone back and forth a couple of times, and I've enjoyed the banter.  We've both gotten our cheap shots and quick jabs in on each other.  In the end, I doubt it keeps either of us awake at night, or at least I'd hope not.  

4 minutes ago, CF4L said:

I said this from day 1 but for some reason people went with it.

I don't see Manning dumb enough to align himself with this trainwreck.

Isn't Kravitz the one that helped perpetuate this rumor, along with JMV? I could be mistaken, but I thought he was one of the guys spreading this rumor.  Now all of a sudden it has no legs?  

So far, I'm not a big fan of the way this has unfolded.

I don't like letting anyone twist in the wind,  especially so publicly.

By now, Irsay should know what he wants to do.      If he doesn't,  then he should've requested that Chuck not have his normal Monday meeting with the media.      If he's keeping Chuck,  then he should've had a presser, or at least put out a statement.

If he's handling it all at once --- fine --- by what's taking so long?    For the 2nd year in a row,  do you really need to have meetings that last hours long?       I find this....    curious at best,  and poorly handled at worst.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

By now, Irsay should know what he wants to do.      If he doesn't,  then he should've requested that Chuck not have his normal Monday meeting with the media.      If he's keeping Chuck,  then he should've had a presser, or at least put out a statement.

If he's handling it all at once --- fine --- by what's taking so long?    For the 2nd year in a row,  do you really need to have meetings that last hours long?       I find this....    curious at best,  and poorly handled at worst.

Yeah, I mean Irsay needs to come out and make a statement one way or the other. But I also feel like if he was keeping them then, I believe he would have said he was by now. So I think there gone at least Grigson is anyway and maybe Pagano after the new GM is hired. 

8 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Yeah, I mean Irsay needs to come out and make a statement one way or the other. But I also feel like if he was keeping them then, I believe he would have said he was by now. So I think there gone at least Grigson is anyway and maybe Pagano after the new GM is hired. 

Well...... what's the saying   No news is....???   I guess in this case,  no news is just that.   No news.

I'm leaning more towards,  no news means no changes. :dunno: 

7 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Well...... what's the saying   No news is....???   I guess in this case,  no news is just that.   No news.

I'm leaning more towards,  no news means no changes. :dunno: 

I hope you are wrong but I'm getting more and more that feeling that all these "rumors" were just that.

On 12/28/2016 at 5:43 PM, Superman said:

I would hate it. Peyton Manning has zero experience running a team, or a business, or making any kind of organizational decisions. Make a role for him in the front office, let him learn the business, and maybe he'll be GM material in the future.

But damn that man can sell pizza

14 hours ago, dgambill said:

You seem far too confident that he would fail.    That's as bad or worse than those who think he would "save" us.   Why couldn't it have been - "More than likely it would be like the John Elway thing"?

I don't know how well he would do.   I don't think he he'd do as bad as Grigson.   I know he would put in the time doing research.   He's never been so cocky that he wouldn't listen to the recommendations of others. 

1 hour ago, superrep1967 said:

Why does he need to?  They are both under contract. 

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Exactly it seems irsay handles situations like way differently from everyone else it's not rocket science either you keeping them or not and it wouldn't be hard to find a replacement for a GM or coach when you have luck at qb. I think he should let his daughter put some insight on it because he don't know what to do

8 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

What makes you think so?  Do you think that Manning would be that good or is it because Grigson would be gone?

I think some of both.   I think Grigson gone would be a great thing.   I don't think Manning should be the only option, but I have no problem with him being in the mix.

The only reason we should have not heard anything by now is because whoever Jim has in mind is still coaching/GM'ing elsewhere. Otherwise, he needs to do the right thing and let the staff and front office know what's going on. Maybe he already has, but I doubt it. If Grigano knew what was happening, that would have leaked already.

Ideal world? We wait another week and Saban is announced GM/HC and Peyton President of Football Ops.

21 hours ago, buccolts said:

Part of the fan base? 

Most of it isn't all that bad. 

No the now seemingly dysfunctional Colts franchise even though Pagano/Grigson leave a lot to be desired Jimbo still is the owner and for that this team isn't really going to amount to much unless he gets someone competent and steps aside like he did with Polian(who was conveniently available and wanted to be here). I don't see an upside for Manning here.

On 1/2/2017 at 0:00 AM, NewColtsFan said:

I had missed that sniper-caliber shot until just now. Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it.

As for a response to the previous post:

LarryDavidYawn.GIF

I'm definitely snarky. :)

23 hours ago, Mr Coffee said:

I probably shouldn't have called him out like that.

I'm not offended. I was kind of puzzled, but this post explains it.

23 hours ago, Mr Coffee said:

There are facts and there are opinions.  In general, I wish people wouldn't be so quick to dismiss someone else's opinion as stupid if they disagree with it.  I don't post often, but I do enjoy reading the back and forth dialogue amongst fans with differing opinions and theories.  My only annoyance is that some people have an opinion on issues that they view as cold, hard facts.  I'm not talking about anyone in particular, but in general.  If you disagree with their OPINIONS, you are basically dismissed as  stupid, and someone who doesn't know anything about football.  

I know some find me to be abrasive. I personally think I'm delightful, but that's just my opinion... ;)

Seriously, I try not to irritate people, and I try not to present my opinion as fact. I use "IMO" and "JMO" a lot, to be honest. But there are certain times when I think what I'm saying is corroborated fact, not just a matter of opinion. I know people view message boards differently, and for a lot of people it's just a way to vent and express your feelings, and that's fine. It does bug me, though, when people present debunked viewpoints and inaccurate information as it it's fact.

I definitely don't mean to disrupt anyone's experience on this site.

12 hours ago, Myles said:

You seem far too confident that he would fail.    That's as bad or worse than those who think he would "save" us.   Why couldn't it have been - "More than likely it would be like the John Elway thing"?

I don't know how well he would do.   I don't think he he'd do as bad as Grigson.   I know he would put in the time doing research.   He's never been so cocky that he wouldn't listen to the recommendations of others. 

I didn't say that...Larry Bird has been a mix bag really. Just as many would say he has done a good job as a bad job. What I'm saying is he could ruin some people's opinion of him here or be celebrated. I don't think we can say either way. I don't think we have enough info to say he will do one or the other.

On 1/2/2017 at 10:37 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Couldn't agree more. We are into Wednesday now, and while we all have our theories, we have still heard nothing. All we know is there have been extensive meetings for a couple of days now, but thats it.

On 12/28/2016 at 5:56 PM, Superman said:

The bolded is not really true. Elway had a ton of experience in business, he owned and ran an AFL team for a decade, and was eventually chairman of the AFL executive committee. Even when he joined the Broncos, he worked his way into the GM spot; Brian Xanders was the actual GM for several years. Fourteen years between his retirement and his becoming GM in Denver. He understands business, including sports business, and he spent a lot of time learning the business side of the NFL. He didn't just get bored, wake up and decide "I think I'll be a GM today." 

Let Peyton work his way into a front office role, if he actually wants it. Can't just slap the title on him and let him fumble his way through it.

Why not? That's what Irsay did with Grigson. ;) 

(I know Grigson was a scout and all that....I just couldn't resist)