Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw to IR

TKnight24

Yes, I do. His far superior receiving ability makes him more valuable to our offense, IMO. He was our best red zone threat in the few weeks he was here.

Just going to say that I disagree about him being more valuable to the offense....yes he has been a better receiver out of the backfield than Gore has been, but Gore has been the superior runner imo.  

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm hate the negativity but we used our pick on a WR that has produced nothing , when we could've had a RB from IU named T Coleman that had 100 plus yds on 18 carries for Atlanta yesterday.

The Colts were not spending a #1 pick on a running back. The verdict is still out on Dorsett. The future is where Dorsett is going to be needed. It is apparent that AJ will not be back and Dorsett has more than enough talent to be a starter.

So it seems our current format at RB is not working of Late round Draft picks and free-agents. Don't get me wrong I loved the signing of Frank Gore and I think he is better as a change of pace back instead of the starter at this point of his career.

My question is this. Do you think the Colts are better off drafting a RB this year with a 1st or 2nd round pick (I say 1st round because I believe we will make the playoffs and have a late round draft pick which I think is a reasonable time to draft a high quality RB in the draft)?

A side note: I know our O-line could also improve to help the run game.

And the wrist injury for Ahmad Bradshaw has sent him to injured reserve. The team brought back Zurlon Tipton in Bradshaw’s roster spot.

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

November 30, 2015

And the wrist injury for Ahmad Bradshaw has sent him to injured reserve. The team brought back Zurlon Tipton in Bradshaw’s roster spot.

And that's why we don't sign him to multi-year deals :(

I would not sign him to anymore deals period.

Boom is a good receiver. His pickup looks that much better now.

i wonder if the system he was in with us before looks identical to the one we have now or do you think Chud changed everything.  I think I read on here (this forum) where he tried to keep the same basic stuff.  However, MH said our system was very complicated.

i wonder if the system he was in with us before looks identical to the one we have now or do you think Chud changed everything.  I think I read on here (this forum) where he tried to keep the same basic stuff.  However, MH said our system was very complicated.

Do you really think chud could have changed the entire offense in the middle of the season?

Very disappointing.  I really don't see a reason for him to hang it up, though, as the wrist injury, though resulting in IR for the rest of this season, shouldn't be anything to plague him from being effective once he is again healed. 

I like Bradshaw and honestly, would love to have him back next year.  Gore / Bradshaw is a fantastic combo, no matter how long (or not long) the combo lasts intact.  Plus, like I say, if the injury does not affect his ability, I say you can't simply be afraid to sign him and keep him on board simply because of injury fear.  Injuries happen, just fluky bad luck that it keeps happening to Bradshaw.  Injuries aside, I think he remains a stud!

To be clear....

All Chud has changed is the play calling.....    he has changed the playbook.

We're calling more shorter pass routes and fewer 7 step drop plays....   fewer so-caled chunk plays....

We're just moving the chains and keeping the defense off the field as much as we can....

Just going to say that I disagree about him being more valuable to the offense....yes he has been a better receiver out of the backfield than Gore has been, but Gore has been the superior runner imo.

Bradshaw didn't get too many touches running the ball. I think he would have been comparable if he had.

i wonder if the system he was in with us before looks identical to the one we have now or do you think Chud changed everything. I think I read on here (this forum) where he tried to keep the same basic stuff. However, MH said our system was very complicated.

Same system, different (better) play calling.

Hmmm hate the negativity but we used our pick on a WR that has produced nothing , when we could've had a RB from IU named T Coleman that had 100 plus yds on 18 carries for Atlanta yesterday.

Hmmm. I'm thinking Coleman was available with our 2nd round pick?  or did ATL pick him a few spots before us.

Hindsight is beneficial, but I still wouldn't have drafted him at #29.  But after Dorsett at 29, I wanted him with our second.

So it seems our current format at RB is not working of Late round Draft picks and free-agents. Don't get me wrong I loved the signing of Frank Gore and I think he is better as a change of pace back instead of the starter at this point of his career.

My question is this. Do you think the Colts are better off drafting a RB this year with a 1st or 2nd round pick (I say 1st round because I believe we will make the playoffs and have a late round draft pick which I think is a reasonable time to draft a high quality RB in the draft)?

A side note: I know our O-line could also improve to help the run game.

Not a first, but yes,  we need to invest a 3rd or 2nd rounder into the position.  In addition to Coleman in ATL, I've like what Ameer Abdullah is doing in Detroit.

To be clear....

We're calling more shorter pass routes and fewer 7 step drop plays....   fewer so-caled chunk plays....

We're just moving the chains and keeping the defense off the field as much as we can....

Cannot wait until Andrew gets back. He's going to have a lot of success & fun with Chudzinski. I really think we'll see the untapped talent Luck really has being exposed to this play calling on a continual basis.

To be clear....

Goodness....    that was a crappy post by me!

Filled with typo's and mis-spells!       Yikes! 

So,  I'll do it again, and say what I was attempting to say.....

To be clear....

All Chud has changed is the play calling.....    he has NOT changed the playbook.

We're calling more shorter pass routes and fewer 7 step drop plays....   fewer so-called chunk plays....

(God, I hate when I'm a *!)                 :facepalm:

Goodness....    that was a crappy post by me!

Filled with typo's and mis-spells!       Yikes! 

So,  I'll do it again, and say what I was attempting to say.....

To be clear....

All Chud has changed is the play calling.....    he has NOT changed the playbook.

We're calling more shorter pass routes and fewer 7 step drop plays....   fewer so-called chunk plays....

(God, I hate when I'm a *!)                 :facepalm:

Naaaaa, NCF. Pretty sure we all got the message. I wish I had a nickel for every time I hammered my writing.

Not a huge loss?

Huh.....?

Yes not a huge loss. He averaged 2.7 ypc and everyone under the sun knew he wasn't going to make it for any length of time. He was good at catching the ball Boom showed last year he's more than capable. Boom can fill Bradshaws shoes easily not a huge loss.

Nothing we should not have expected, It was unrealistic to think we would have him for the whole season. With that said regardless of how many times he goes to IR I'd always welcome him back if he was available and we needed depth at rb, The guy runs with all out effort every play. Injuries just have taken there toll. Thanks Bradshaw!