Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw to IR

TKnight24

i wonder if the system he was in with us before looks identical to the one we have now or do you think Chud changed everything.  I think I read on here (this forum) where he tried to keep the same basic stuff.  However, MH said our system was very complicated.

that was the question I responded to...and the answer is a definite...no, chud did not change everything.  

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a first, but yes,  we need to invest a 3rd or 2nd rounder into the position.  In addition to Coleman in ATL, I've like what Ameer Abdullah is doing in Detroit.

I would say 2nd for sure, at 2nd I think you can still get a 1st round quality back like cincinnati did with Bernard and Hill. 3rd round I think your pushing it.

Yes not a huge loss. He averaged 2.7 ypc and everyone under the sun knew he wasn't going to make it for any length of time. He was good at catching the ball Boom showed last year he's more than capable. Boom can fill Bradshaws shoes easily not a huge loss.

Losing your best red zone threat is a huge loss. I think we will be ok with Boom but anytime you lose a great red zone threat its a pretty big deal.

Just going to say that I disagree about him being more valuable to the offense....yes he has been a better receiver out of the backfield than Gore has been, but Gore has been the superior runner imo.

I thiink if you are gonna lose one for the year, Gore will help us more than AB. There are things AB could do that Gore isnt as siited, but Boom can handle some of those like 3rd down stuff. Boom is more like AB than Gore i think. But i'm gonna miss AB. Was worth the shot. Without him, i believe we have 1 or 2 more losses. Our RB corps is not near as deep and good as with him.

The kid is tuff, and has given his all to this team, several times.

Naaaaa, NCF. Pretty sure we all got the message. I wish I had a nickel for every time I hammered my writing.

Thanks, CR....     appreciate the support....

But the thing is,  I used to be a writer by profession....     I hold myself to a higher standard....

(Or at least,  I try....)                 :peek:

Yes, I do. His far superior receiving ability makes him more valuable to our offense, IMO. He was our best red zone threat in the few weeks he was here.

That's why I like you CL. You don't mince words & you're always accurate in what you say. Bradshaw had a nose for the end zone like a bloodhound. He either crosses the line or puts you just outside of it. 

It's a skill man because I can arrive at exactly the same destination you do, but I'm longwinded & it takes me awhile to get there. haha  

I love Bradshaw's productivity on the field, but his injury frequency makes me feel like that piano guy on Sesame Street that keeps slamming his forehead against the keys when he gets writer's block. Sigh...

Goodness....    that was a crappy post by me!

Filled with typo's and mis-spells!       Yikes! 

So,  I'll do it again, and say what I was attempting to say.....

To be clear....

All Chud has changed is the play calling.....    he has NOT changed the playbook.

We're calling more shorter pass routes and fewer 7 step drop plays....   fewer so-called chunk plays....

We're just moving the chains and keeping the defense off the field as much as we can....

(God, I hate when I'm a *!)                 :facepalm:

No worries NCF. You are well respected on here & 1 of my favorite authors on the forum. I care about a person's thought process not the way they arrange words. 

If anybody gives you any grief over your grammar, just tell them you are simply paying tribute to William Shakespeare who spelled everything phnically or based on how he thought it sounded. 

That way, you are deemed how brow, cultured, & paying homage to another brilliant mind. Works for me man. Besides, isn't spelling really a computer program anyway?  haha  

Thanks, CR....     appreciate the support....

But the thing is,  I used to be a writer by profession....     I hold myself to a higher standard....

(Or at least,  I try....)                 :peek:

You're professionalism is admirable NCF, but don't get so consumed by grammatical perfection that you lose sight of what a gifted journalist you were & still are. Enough said. 

Shoot, I really like Bradshaw on blitz pickup too, which was a tremendous asset in the playoffs. I know that Gore excels at this too, but I like having 2 RBs who can do it all & give the other 1 a breather when necessary. 

Yeah. Our Offense has played really well when Bradshaw has been healthy over the last 2 seasons. He and Luck have had fantastic chemistry. This stinks.

You're professionalism is admirable NCF, but don't get so consumed by grammatical perfection that you lose sight of what a gifted journalist you were & still are. Enough said. 

Thanks, SW`1....

Boy,  if I'm paying you for all the nice posts and "likes"  I'd be broke! 

How much do I owe you again?       Man, it's got to be a big number with a lot of zeros!        :thmup:

There is a reason no one has signed him. His talent isn't worth the nuclear PR that would come with him

I will admit that Ray Rice's production must be lacking considering that no team took a flyer on him Jvan, but his name or reputation isn't nuclear or toxic to me. 

I get what you're saying though. His burst must be slow or he can't make cuts anymore. Too bad really. I always liked the guy.

Plus, I want to hear Rich Eisen say "Rut Row here comes Ray Rice running right downfield for a Colts touchdown." Major bummer. 

Thanks, SW`1....

Boy,  if I'm paying you for all the nice posts and "likes"  I'd be broke! 

How much do I owe you again?       Man, it's got to be a big number with a lot of zeros!        :thmup:

LOL! Nothing man. If you see me stranded on the highway, just pick me up & we'll call it even my man. I always defend people I like. It's in my nature. 

Used sparingly yet still can't make it past 3 games. Be gone brittle Bradshaw.

Although, I will admit that I chuckled at your rhyming alliteration on "brittle bradshaw," let's not confuse him with "Mr. Glass" AKA Sam Bradford the real peanut brittle man GBTLP. 

Just out of curiosity on a comic side note, why is peanut brittle considered weak or fragile anyway? I bit into a piece of it at Christmas once & it felt liked a jagged rock that could tear apart the Spanish Armada that Queen Elizabeth demolished in the 16th Century or 1588 anyway. But I digress...

Losing your best red zone threat is a huge loss. I think we will be ok with Boom but anytime you lose a great red zone threat its a pretty big deal.

How's losing someone everyone knew was going to get hurt a huge loss? No one expected AB to make it through week 17.

It wasn't a matter of if just when. Everyone knew that. We got what 6 weeks not sure what else we could have expected. It would have been great if he could have made it through the Steelers

Gore would be a huge loss. Bradshaw we knew his next hit could be his last any given Sunday. Thankfully we have Boom back or we'd be looking at Tipton.

I think we could do better than Tipton. I wish we would try. Mike James is sitting onTB PS. Jonas Gray is on Miami's are a couple of guys I would look at. Both have had some success in the league. I don't think we have to worry about anyone grabbing Tipton if we needed him.

Terrance West would have been nice. The Ravens just grabbed him. Hopefully Tipton is better than I give him credit for.