Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I don't agree.  I think the lack of empasis on the run game as a whole was a contributing factor to how long our defense had to stay on the field.  We put up 34 points without it, but the quick scores kept the defense on the field too long.

No I don't agree. I think the lack of empasis on the run game as a whole was a contributing factor to how long our defense had to stay on the field. We put up 34 points without it, but the quick scores kept the defense on the field too long.

I agree. We should've been more patient with the run game. Luck's pick six put us in catch-up mode and threw off the game plan. We panicked a little and went pass happy. Also, the O-line was awful and didn't open many holes when asked to, or pass protect.

No, but now we know why boom doesn't play much. He's lost picking up the blitz.

Maybe but it's hard to determine that is the reason why.  Bradshaw is always the preferred person in passing downs and even he misses a block every now and then.  If you are in for 3 plays of an entire game and you miss a block it dosn't mean you can't block. I'd have to see him make that mistake on more than one occasion to conclude that. 

I agree. We should've been more patient with the run game. Luck's pick six put us in catch-up mode and threw off the game plan. We panicked a little and went pass happy. Also, the O-line was awful and didn't open many holes when asked to, or pass protect.

Yeah the line was awful, but when you just drop the running game like we did you are forced into obvious passing situations for the entire football game.  The defense can very easily pin it's ears back and come at you with the kitchen sink. If you maintain a consistent emphasis on running(even if it's draw plays from shotgun) they have to be careful about all that blitzing and I feel Luck wouldn't have been pressured so much.  Pittsburgh basically flipped the script on us tonight and made us play against our own style of football.  Normally we are the ones making teams play the way we played tonight.  Not the opposite!

Houston was down to us by 24 points and they never stopped running the football.  We get down by 11 or so and we always seem to abandon the running game with no hesitation.

Not really.  I still maintain Boom would have done well, but we abandoned the running game.  From there Bradshaw got the bulk of the playing time as he usually does in the passing game.  From my point of view I have never called for Richardson to be removed.  I've always said that Boom needs to be included in the RBBC.

Cost us the game? Trent couldnt of helped that awful defense.. almost impossible to win if your defense gives up 51 points. Im a big trich fan and even i dont think he could make that big of an impact

42 points, but yeah I don't understand what OP is trying to say. Would we have scored 20 more points with Trich in?

It would seem that Bradshaw needs his buddy to keep up his good performance, granted we fell behind early in the game vs the steelers, and needed to throw more, I think the Bradshaw Trich tendem has been like gold for our running game this year.

My question is this, does Bradshaw need Trich more than the other way around...?

With Trich and his hard running, it seemed that Bradshaw had easier running lanes...

Trich, a bust? Or is it time to eat some crow? Too early to tell?

You be the judge.

*sorry mods I tend to over look the "everything Trent Richardson" thread*

It would seem that Bradshaw needs his buddy to keep up his good performance, granted we fell behind early in the game vs the steelers, and needed to throw more, I think the Bradshaw Trich tendem has been like gold for our running game this year.

My question is this, does Bradshaw need Trich more than the other way around...?

With Trich and his hard running, it seemed that Bradshaw had easier running lanes...

You be the judge.

Bradshaw doesn't need TRich

Bradshaw doesn't need TRich

Yes, Bradshaw does need Trent.  There is no way he could handle the load by himself!  If that were the case Boom wouldn't have played at all against the Steelers.  Im not saying Bradshaw isn't good but, he needs another back to carry the load.  Trent also needs Ahmad because they both have different running styles which compliment each other well.

You be the judge.

Ahmad would more than likely be injured or be less productive later in the games without Trent because he is their work horse!  Trich is definitely not a bust.  I've always defended him and still will, but he could do alot better if the blocking was more consistent.  Maybe not the avg that Bradshaw puts up but very similar.

Yes, Bradshaw does need Trent.  There is no way he could handle the load by himself!  If that were the case Boom wouldn't have played at all against the Steelers.  Im not saying Bradshaw isn't good but, he needs another back to carry the load.  Trent also needs Ahmad because they both have different running styles which compliment each other well.

Obviously, but I was responding to a post that made it sound like Bradshaw needed trich in particular.

I wish we would let trich run for 20 carries one time.. i know we've done it once or twice before but i want to see it now that everything seems to be clicking.. hopefully we run the ball down the patriots throats like they did is last year.

I don't think Trent is best used as that kind of back. I like the kid. But he isn't a bell cow kind of back. But he doesn't need to be. I like the one two punch of Bradshaw and Richardson

I don't think Trent is best used as that kind of back. I like the kid. But he isn't a bell cow kind of back. But he doesn't need to be. I like the one two punch of Bradshaw and Richardson

Yeah i hear ya.. but i just feel like there to much changing at that position.. once trent gets goin.. he'll run two nice 6 8 yard runs.. and they take him out.. same goes for Bradshaw.. they never really let one get in a rhythm. But i cant really complain to much were winning games