Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?

You just checked in to be a jerk and to rub out faces in it?

Next time you get a smart *** answer that you don't like, you might remember this post of yours....

Not your best effort.

You know as well as I do that it isn't going to matter if I'm playing nice or not in this thread. 

BaaaaaaHaaaaaaa that's funny, I don't care who you are

Yeah I was scratching my head about that one myself. Trent was probably praying for Bradshaw to stay healthy. If Trent has any future in the league then he needs to hide the fact that he doesn't have the skills to be a starter or even a reliable backup.

As big as he is, it seems the coaching staff doesn't show any confidence in T Rich even on the goal line.  Seems like they always bring in Bradshaw, or if they do bring Trent in he is used as a decoy to set up a play action pass.  People are still going to defend this guy and heck maybe I will give him some more slack, but I just can't see us staying with him beyond this year.  Even if the line starts blocking better I could see Boom Herron or Tipton getting 1000 yards before this dude. I know Grigson is mad at himself over that trade.

Yeah I was scratching my head about that one myself. Trent was probably praying for Bradshaw to stay healthy. If Trent has any future in the league then he needs to hide the fact that he doesn't have the skills to be a starter or even a reliable backup.

Do you watch the games. He was reliable backup to ahmad. And he isnt as bad with passing part of the game as some people think

Do you watch the games. He was reliable backup to ahmad. And he isnt as bad with passing part of the game as some people think

Part of the back up role is the ability to carry the load if the starter goes down, I don't think Trent can handle that load.

If Trent comes out and puts up numbers like last season when he was the starter then he will never be considered for another starting role and most teams would probably shy away from him as their second string back. He might be able to obtain a vet minimum job as a 3rd stringer, but the way injuries happen nobody wants a guy who cant step up when the starter goes down.

I'd actually like to see Trent used in a 1 Back system though those are few and far between these days in the NFL, Give him 25 carries or so a game and let him get in a rhythm see what he can do with that load....It may not amount to not much...but he has had 4 games this year with a 4.0 ypc or better but either had to share the load despite he was running well or we were more concerned with jumping on a team with our passing attack early and often, 6 or 7 carries per quarter depending on the game situation and defensive look

Part of the back up role is the ability to carry the load if the starter goes down, I don't think Trent can handle that load.

If Trent comes out and puts up numbers like last season when he was the starter then he will never be considered for another starting role and most teams would probably shy away from him as their second string back. He might be able to obtain a vet minimum job as a 3rd stringer, but the way injuries happen nobody wants a guy who cant step up when the starter goes down.

But if he does come out and peforms well will you be happy to eat your words?

To be honest, Trent Richardson has the same strengths that Bradshaw has on 3rd down, as a pass catching RB that pass protects well and to an extent, he keeps Luck upright a little better than Bradshaw does.

So, if those duties are Trent's again, we will see an uptick in his production naturally. It was just that on the first 2 downs, Bradshaw did his job so well that he got the 3rd down duties as well eating into Trent's strengths and production, IMO.

However, giving up a 1st round pick for Trent is another story, a story that will go down in infamy. At least right now, the saving grace for Grigs is that the Browns got Johnny Manziel with that pick :).

That pick is meaningless...    Grigs took a big swing and pretty much whiffed.      I love it that he tried.    But half of first rounders EVERY year are average to busts.    And that is being kind.

"Meaningless" ???  By that logic we should just forgo drafting in the first round every year and instead trade the picks to other teams for their under-performing 1st round picks that they are looking to unload. 

Justifying the trade because some 1st round picks bust, and we may have chosen a bust is among the most ridiculous of the Trent Richardson excuses floating around out there.

To be honest, Trent Richardson has the same strengths that Bradshaw has on 3rd down, as a pass catching RB that pass protects well and to an extent, he keeps Luck upright a little better than Bradshaw does.

So, if those duties are Trent's again, we will see an uptick in his production naturally. It was just that on the first 2 downs, Bradshaw did his job so well that he got the 3rd down duties as well eating into Trent's strengths and production, IMO.

However, giving up a 1st round pick for Trent is another story, a story that will go down in infamy. At least right now, the saving grace for Grigs is that the Browns got Johnny Manziel with that pick :).

Bradshaw is much better at pass protection than Trent, Trent is very average in pass protection. The Trent lovers are trying to make him out to be a great at pass protection, but he's not, look at the tape.

Where is jskinnz?

Trich has been running really well this year.  Still has some things to work on but the guy is a workhorse if they would let them.  Additionally his receiving and blocking has been top notch.  Too bad fans get so caught up in an idea they can't see what is right in front of them.

3.4 yards per carry. We'll see how he does now that Bradshaw is out. I don't see Richardson as the future RB that will carry us for the next 5 years. I just don't. I'd love to see his YPC avg get closer to what Bradshaw's was which was mid 4's.

"Meaningless" ???  By that logic we should just forgo drafting in the first round every year and instead trade the picks to other teams for their under-performing 1st round picks that they are looking to unload. 

Justifying the trade because some 1st round picks bust, and we may have chosen a bust is among the most ridiculous of the Trent Richardson excuses floating around out there.

Exactly right. Nothing gets a GM fired faster than missing consistently on 1st round picks or trading them away for average talent. I'm not saying that will happen to Grigson but if you take Andrew Luck out of the equation his first round picks are somewhat questionable. I think Werner is doing OK but not spectacular. He's getting better but IDK if he'll ever be a guy that gets you 10-12 sacks a year. Richardson is just average and that's all there is to it.

Where is jskinnz?

Trich has been running really well this year.  Still has some things to work on but the guy is a workhorse if they would let them.  Additionally his receiving and blocking has been top notch.  Too bad fans get so caught up in an idea they can't see what is right in front of them.

3.4 yards per carry. We'll see how he does now that Bradshaw is out. I don't see Richardson as the future RB that will carry us for the next 5 years. I just don't. I'd love to see his YPC avg get closer to what Bradshaw's was which was mid 4's.

I'd like to see that as well but I don't need the YPC to see how much better he's doing.  And I like that fact that, a) he is much improved over last year and b) he has improved thru-out the year.  And I especially like how well Trich has picked up the passing game, not only running his routes and catching the ball but also knowing where to look for the defender to block.  As much as I like Bradshaw's running and receiving he was really hit or miss in pass blocking.

I was looking at some numbers and Bradshaw has played more plays than TRich (363 to 315) but Trich gets the ball more when he's in the game.  44.7% of the time when Trich is in the game he gets his number called.  Bradshaw is at 35.7%.   Other teams track these type of percentages so what that means is when TRich is in the game the D is focusing on him.  When Bradshaw is in the game they are focusing are not focusing as heavily on Bradshaw because there is less of a chance that he will get the ball.  I think if Trich's percentage was more in that 35% range his YPC would be higher.  I don't know if it would be 4.7 (I don't even know if it would be above 4.0).  But admittedly, I don't have anything to base that on other than a feeling.

I think he's better in a platoon than as the feature RB.  He's also a volume runner, sort of like a volume shooter in basketball.  Some might say its the inconsistent blocking that accounts for the 3.4 yards/carry but its also his lack of vision.  He's not a very instinctual runner.  But I like his ability to grind yard, catch the ball out of the backfield, and he's been decent in pass protection.  When the Colts are thrown the ball well, he becomes more effective as a RB - I guess that's stating the obvious.  I'm really worried that the Colts won't get the 10-15 yard bursts without Bradshaw.