Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 24, 2014 - thread derailed moosiepuffs trolling
Hidden by Nadine, October 24, 2014 - thread derailed moosiepuffs trolling

Sucking up to other members and ganging up on someone with a differing opinion is something I will not stand for. I think you should show more respect to fellow Colt fans.

LOL, yeah right. I give that "some" thought.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 24, 2014 - thread derailed moosiepuffs trolling

Please find a post by someone saying he has lived up to the first round pick. We will all be waiting

LOL that "TrichWasaSteal" guy above just said it. Sorry to put a dampener on all the "realistic" talk going on in these threads.

I'm sorry friend but I kindly disagree. I have seen a number of people voicing the opinion that Richardson has "come good" and that he has indeed lived up to the trade.

I remember last season some people were celebrating when he averaged about four yard per carry in a game.

You're misremembering......

No one here thinks he's lived up to the trade.

But what you're reading are posters who at least can recognize that Trent can still be a good and useful player for the Colts,  even if he NEVER lives up to the trade.    And he won't.    He will NEVER be worth the first round draft pick we paid.

But he can still be a valuable player for the Colts.   And that's all the Trent supporters are saying.....

Get over the trade,  and recognize that he still has value to the Colts. 

Let's move on!    These are great times for the Colts....    no need to get stuck in a Trent or Coby thread...........

You're misremembering......

No one here thinks he's lived up to the trade.

But what you're reading are posters who at least can recognize that Trent can still be a good and useful player for the Colts,  even if he NEVER lives up to the trade.    And he won't.    He will NEVER be worth the first round draft pick we paid.

But he can still be a valuable player for the Colts.   And that's all the Trent supporters are saying.....

Get over the trade,  and recognize that he still has value to the Colts. 

Let's move on!    These are great times for the Colts....    no need to get stuck in a Trent or Coby thread...........

Again, "TrichWasaSteal" just replied "I am" when I said I wasn't someone who believes the trade worked out.

Again, "TrichWasaSteal" just replied "I am" when I said I wasn't someone who believes the trade worked out.

you must be new here.

His user name is being sarcastic. So try again

I don't think he is being sarcastic. He wouldn't be trying to defend Richardson to such an extent if he was being sarcastic.

If his "persona" is pretending to be a Richardson fan then nothing he says is of value and he's simply a troll account. 

There are currently,  14,650 members.    Sorry,  but I can't be held responsible for 100% of them.

But I'm confident that 98-99% of the members here do not believe the trade worked out for the best.

That said....    the ship has sailed on the trade.   It's nearly a year and a half behind us.    Trent just had his best game as a Colt.   Why is this topic even being discussed?   

What's the point?

There are currently,  14,650 members.    Sorry,  but I can't be held responsible for 100% of them.

But I'm confident that 98-99% of the members here do not believe the trade worked out for the best.

That said....    the ship has sailed on the trade.   It's nearly a year and a half behind us.    Trent just had his best game as a Colt.   Why is this topic even being discussed?   

What's the point?

I'm not sure. If you don't want to discuss it then don't reply to the comments?

I'm not sure. If you don't want to discuss it then don't reply to the comments?

Your position just doesn't make sense. If your daddy paid too much for a television (I have to assume you are too young to have a job or afford something like a TV)... do you get mad at it and stop watching it? If it still works, do you insist daddy throw it out anyway, just because he spent too much?

I think the fumble everyone seems to blame Trich for yesterday was really attributed to Luck's handoff. The guy runs and receives wonderfully (I honestly don't recall his blocking), and people moan? I loved our running game yesterday.

Agreed. I looked at it again and I think that one was on Luck. He put the ball way too high, in an awkward spot, and Richardson never had it. He made an attempt to catch it after it ricocheted off his shoulder pads but he missed. Also, as far as blocking is concerned, Richardson and Bradshaw are two of the best. They've saved Luck more than a couple times.

I'm not sure.   If you don't want to discuss it then don't reply to the comments?

You're not sure?

You're the one making Trent and Coby the issue and not in a good way.....

Why the need to be the turd in the punch bowl?

Your position just doesn't make sense. If your daddy paid too much for a television (I have to assume you are too young to have a job or afford something like a TV)... do you get mad at it and stop watching it? If it still works, do you insist daddy throw it out anyway, just because he spent too much?

Ever heard of changing the channel?

If NewColtsFan doesn't want to discuss Richardson's lack of production since the trade, he is more than welcome to visit other threads or create one of his own.

If NewColtsFan doesn't want to discuss Richardson's lack of production since the trade, he is more than welcome to visit other threads or create one of his own.

You are the one that derailed this thread. This thread is about Trents injury. If you want to talk about production, there is already a thread dedicated to that

Speaking of changing the channel, there is an Everything Trent Richardson thread that you should probably set up shop in.

You are the one that derailed this thread. This thread is about Trents injury. If you want to talk about production, there is already a thread dedicated to that

I believe there is a thread dedicated to "everything" Trent Richardson. By that logic the entire contents of this thread belong there.

I believe there is a thread dedicated to "everything" Trent Richardson. By that logic the entire contents of this thread belong there.

But you chose to derail this one. And you wonder why some call you a troll

I have never heard of your friend going by that name. I have been a member here for over a year and I'm not being ridiculous. If you think Trent has lived up to his trade stipulations then I would suggest it is you who is being ridiculous.

Been here for a year and never heard of 1yrdandacloudofdust, on top of that bone had seen or heard of you till now. A sip that tells me you may created 2 accounts a year ago and are now being forced to use this one. Wow, do you have a life?

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, October 21, 2014 - Personal Shot?
Hidden by SteelCityColt, October 21, 2014 - Personal Shot?

But you chose to derail this one. And you wonder why some call you a troll

Mommy and Daddy tucked him in for the night, so I guess that's it for this discussion tonight. Now the biggest question is whether he posts as "Modern" or "Cloudofdust" tomorrow...

I have no problem talking about Trent's lack of production -- AT THE RIGHT TIME!!

Trent just had his best day as a Colt.   More than 100 yards of total offense.   One of the keys to the offense that rolled up more than 500 yards yesterday.     And you pick today to talk about what a flop he is?!     HELLO?!?!?

What's?    The?     Point?!?!?

Trent's been pretty decent in most every game this year and he's been getting better of late.   Why not enjoy when he's playing well??

There's a time and a place for everything,  and you haven't figured this out yet....    When the team and player are doing well is not the time to talk about what a bad trade it was and what a bad player you think he is.     Just because YOU want to doesn't make it the right time.

Have a clue,  this website is not all about you and your wants and needs.........

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, October 21, 2014 - Quoting Hidden Post
Hidden by SteelCityColt, October 21, 2014 - Quoting Hidden Post

Mommy and Daddy tucked him in for the night, so I guess that's it for this discussion tonight. Now the biggest question is whether he posts as "Modern" or "Cloudofdust" tomorrow...

Your apparent fantasy of me being a young child is a running theme throughout our correspondence and I find it rather unsettling. Please adopt an alternative method of belittling me for the benefit of us all. 

Been here for a year and never heard of 1yrdandacloudofdust, on top of that bone had seen or heard of you till now. A sip that tells me you may created 2 accounts a year ago and are now being forced to use this one. Wow, do you have a life?

Reported for aggressive tone.

Questioning whether or not I have a life is not funny or smart. It would be like me questioning why you have thousands of posts on an internet forum or why you have spent all your pocket money on Colts jerseys in order to photograph them all in some floundering attempt at being "cool".

This is not a place for aggression and insults. Not once have I insulted or threatened another member of this forum and I hope you will extend that same courtesy moving forward. We are hear to share our love of the Indianapolis Colts and nothing more.

Questioning whether or not I have a life is not funny or smart. It would be like me questioning why you have thousands of posts on an internet forum or why you have spent all your pocket money on Colts jerseys in order to photograph them all in some floundering attempt at being "cool".

This is not a place for aggression and insults. Not once have I insulted or threatened another member of this forum and I hope you will extend that same courtesy moving forward. We are hear to share our love of the Indianapolis Colts and nothing more.

haha Good luck with that one...

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, October 21, 2014 - Quoting Hidden Post
Hidden by SteelCityColt, October 21, 2014 - Quoting Hidden Post

Your apparent fantasy of me being a young child is a running theme throughout our correspondence and I find it rather unsettling. Please adopt an alternative method of belittling me for the benefit of us all.

Childish is as childish does.

You said he IS a liability, not he WAS a liability. Trent has played pretty well this season. No reason to mess with what's working

He has had some nice runs no doubt but if we are talking overall body of work this year in total yards taking into touches (120) he averages 4.4 yards per touch rushing and receiving combined(531 total yards....31st in NFL)...and still below average in ypc, He has played better then last year however so that is something....Russell Wilson is 31 yards short of out rushing him on 63 less attempts

MOD NOTE

I've had to remove a number of posts that were slightly inappropriate. Can I kindly remind you all there are ways and means of disagreeing with people and personal shots aren't allowed under the rules. Equally posters should be aware that baiting/trolling is also against the rules. 

Let me leave you with a small piece of advice by way of a proverb:

"Do not speak to fools, for they will scorn your prudent words."

It's probably picking nits but saying the trade has worked out and saying TRich has lived up to the trade are two different things.

To me, it's like complaining about a players' salary.  It's a done deal they did not ask for my input and there is nothing I can do about it.  All I care about is does the player help the team win and are they the best player on the team to help the team win.  And in the case of TRich... he is definitely helping the Colts win and the combo of he and Bradshaw is really devastating to other teams.

It's probably picking nits but saying the trade has worked out and saying TRich has lived up to the trade are two different things.

To me, it's like complaining about a players' salary.  It's a done deal they did not ask for my input and there is nothing I can do about it.  All I care about is does the player help the team win and are they the best player on the team to help the team win.  And in the case of TRich... he is definitely helping the Colts win and the combo of he and Bradshaw is really devastating to other teams.

That's all that matters at this point.  He's not the most explosive RB we got, but as long as he isn't getting hit at the handoff, he's always good for a couple of yards.  If people got a problem with him wearing defenses down while Bradshaw gets most of the long runs and TDs, fine.  It's a great "problem" to have.  Does it justify a 1st round pick?  Of course not, but it's done and can't be changed.  He's here now, and for all intents and purposes, he's part of a 1-2 punch that is top 5 in the league, IMO (and personally, I think our RBBC is second only to KC, though Baltimore and Philly have pretty good set of backs as well).

That's all that matters at this point.  He's not the most explosive RB we got, but as long as he isn't getting hit at the handoff, he's always good for a couple of yards.  If people got a problem with him wearing defenses down while Bradshaw gets most of the long runs and TDs, fine.  It's a great "problem" to have.  Does it justify a 1st round pick?  Of course not, but it's done and can't be changed.  He's here now, and for all intents and purposes, he's part of a 1-2 punch that is top 5 in the league, IMO (and personally, I think our RBBC is second only to KC, though Baltimore and Philly have pretty good set of backs as well).

Also, IMO, Bradshaw would not be nearly as explosive if he had to try and carry the load or even be the primary back.  Trich probably won't break an 80 yard TD run (at least not until he learns to stop the bull fighting move in the open field) but he does punish defenses and then Bradshaw comes in and he is a punishing runner as well with more quickness and it just deflates the D.

People also forget that TRich is just in his 3rd year in the league and 1st full year with the Colts, he is still learning what it takes to play in the NFL and it looks like he's learning well.

It really is a lot of fun to watch and it's too bad for the people that are still so mad about the trade that they can't just enjoy watching those two work together.

Also, IMO, Bradshaw would not be nearly as explosive if he had to try and carry the load or even be the primary back.  Trich probably won't break an 80 yard TD run (at least not until he learns to stop the bull fighting move in the open field) but he does punish defenses and then Bradshaw comes in and he is a punishing runner as well with more quickness and it just deflates the D.

People also forget that TRich is just in his 3rd year in the league and 1st full year with the Colts, he is still learning what it takes to play in the NFL and it looks like he's learning well.

It really is a lot of fun to watch and it's too bad for the people that are still so mad about the trade that they can't just enjoy watching those two work together.

No doubt Bradshaw couldn't carry the entire load. It's not that he couldn't - he did in NY for the last 3 or so years here was there.  But he's getting older and we want to - need to - preserve him because we'll need him come playoffs.  We're better off giving it to a younger guy like Trent who may not be flashy, but just grinds tough yards out.  For all the criticism Pep received last year for running his 2 and 3 TE sets, we're finally seeing how effective it can be.  I mean, we've been wholly capable of using the run game to finish off games and keep the chains moving to kill the clock in our wins.  Even in our loss to Philly (don't really count the Denver game because we were playing catchup all night long), we were moving the ball well with the run all night and were in a position to win but for some untimely and costly penalties and turnovers.  Other than the fumble, the run game was a huge factor in keeping Philly's uptempo offense to a minimum.  It's slow and methodical, but it's certainly adding a reliable dimension that we haven't had in Indy in years.

Sorry, no love or respect for trolls who disregard facts to make unsound points. I've been a member of this forum since 2009, that's why I have a lot of posts but creating two accounts Def shows lack of amusement in your life if this is the only place you can get your kicks. Your first posts show an intention to be disruptive and noone respects that. Ya ive spent money on jerseys cause I've got it and not hurting for it. I like collecting them and proud to share it. Glad you think I'm cool. Report me all you want. You're going on my ignored list.

Your only hear to make an a$$ out of yourself.... if you are good at something stick to it. I won't put you on my ignore list I find your type of stupidity amusing.

@MyColtsAccount: Richardson has caused 31 missed tackles on 120 total touches, while Bradshaw has caused 27 on 94 touches. Both are Top 10 among RBs.

PFF has them rated in the top 10 in their Elusiveness Rating. Ahmad was like 2 or 3 and Trent was 8 last i cheched (which might have been before the update after the bengals game

I heard announcers say something about him coming in only if one of our RBs went down. I think Luck really missed having T-Rich block for him, not that it would have been the difference in the game, but I believe he wouldn't have been hit as often.