Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been impressed with Richardson this year, still looks slow and lacks vision that great RB's have. He's catching passes but he's also dropped plenty. Bradshaw is a better player and it's not even close, but the coaching staff won't bench him because of how much they gave up for him. They should bench him, but it'll make Grigson look bad. Richardson is holding the offense back, Bradshaw should get 20 touches a game and should never leave the field unless he's fatigued.

Trent clearly has progeria. You didn't know? 

You've watched Trent for a year now.

You've watched football for plenty of years.

Are you seriously going to tell me you think Trent Richardson is capable of running a sub 4.5 forty yard dash now?

Seriously?

The NFL is full of linebackers that run a 4.2, because I've seen many of them run him down from behind on screen passes.

I haven't been impressed with Richardson this year, still looks slow and lacks vision that great RB's have. He's catching passes but he's also dropped plenty. Bradshaw is a better player and it's not even close, but the coaching staff won't bench him because of how much they gave up for him. They should bench him, but it'll make Grigson look bad. Richardson is holding the offense back, Bradshaw should get 20 touches a game and should never leave he field unless he's fatigued.

Youre crazy man.  They both are doing decent, nothing spectacular, but if you think Bradshaw is doing so much better you're wrong.  They both get hit in the backfield ALL THE TIME!  It's not their fault.  The first couple games Bradshaw actually saw more snaps also.  I like how they're using them both.  The production has been up to par the first 3 games.  Last week I was alittle disappointed by the performance of the offensive line.  Once they get everything corrected I expect our RB tandem will be what most fans expected.  Until then quit blaming the RB's.

this whole t-rich being the forum's whipping boy is getting old. I dont get what some of you are mad about. the first pick we traded turned out to be a primodonna benchwarmer

this whole t-rich being the forum's whipping boy is getting old. I dont get what some of you are mad about. the first pick we traded turned out to be a primodonna benchwarmer

What the Browns drafted with that gift, has nothing to do with what we could have drafted.

Giving up a first, a first pick (that ended up being used by the Eagles for OLB Marcus Smith) that so far is a nobody contributing a lot less (nothing?) than Richardson is, is a sunk cost.  History.  Yesterday's news.

Richardson is contributing.  Sure we'd love to see his average a yard or so better, but to be fair, as was the case last year, a lot of his carries he really has no chance on.  Other carries, he should do better.  Like a different poster pointed out, though, Richardson is not the only "name" back with less than desirable average per carry numbers.

So, for ME, I don't care where he was drafted or what draft pick we gave up for him, as THAT is now irrelevant.  What matters is that he reliably contributes on the field and to me, that he is doing, as revealed by his top spot in all-purpose yards, the premise of this (now moved / merged) thread.

24 more touches and 9 more yards, he's really producing. more touches that is.

Youre crazy man. They both are doing decent, nothing spectacular, but if you think Bradshaw is doing so much better you're wrong. They both get hit in the backfield ALL THE TIME! It's not their fault. The first couple games Bradshaw actually saw more snaps also. I like how they're using them both. The production has been up to par the first 3 games. Last week I was alittle disappointed by the performance of the offensive line. Once they get everything corrected I expect our RB tandem will be what most fans expected. Until then quit blaming the RB's.

Bradshaw is obviously playing better....if you can't see that you're blind.

Youre crazy man.  They both are doing decent, nothing spectacular, but if you think Bradshaw is doing so much better you're wrong.  They both get hit in the backfield ALL THE TIME!  It's not their fault.  The first couple games Bradshaw actually saw more snaps also.  I like how they're using them both.  The production has been up to par the first 3 games.  Last week I was alittle disappointed by the performance of the offensive line.  Once they get everything corrected I expect our RB tandem will be what most fans expected.  Until then quit blaming the RB's.

Bradshaw has been much better then Richardson this year, he looks quicker and has more vision. Bradshaw is averaging 5.4 YPC, Trent is at 3.3 YPC. Trent not playing well has more to do with him being slow and not having vision then it does with the offensive line. Bradshaw should get the majority of the touches, and Herron should get more touches as well. Trent should be used primarily as a 3rd down back because of his ability to block and catch.

I would call more stretch runs for TRich. He has a slow first step, so it gives him more time to find the hole and accelerate through it.

I'm not sure it's possible to call more than they do already. Most of the carries I see him take are stretch runs. We need to throw the dang ball to him more, right across the middle, against these zone schemes. 

Kinda like Shady McCoy then, wearing defenses down 2.7 yards at a time this season but clearly that's different isn't it?

What did McCoy do last season ? What has Trent ever done ?

Plus McCoy isn't a Colt so I don't really care if he puts up 300 yards or 3 yards a game.

Richardson gets outplayed weekly by a teammate who is in the later part of his career, just had major neck surgery, and was a 7th round pick.

Weak arguments to try and justify Trent sucking. Last season he sucked because Lynch sucked in Buffalo, this season he sucks but McCoy sucks too wonits all good.

Trent ain't McCoy, he ain't Lynch, he is Trent and he is the second worst running back with 500 carries in league history.

What did McCoy do last season ? What has Trent ever done ?

Plus McCoy isn't a Colt so I don't really care if he puts up 300 yards or 3 yards a game.

Richardson gets outplayed weekly by a teammate who is in the later part of his career, just had major neck surgery, and was a 7th round pick.

Weak arguments to try and justify Trent sucking. Last season he sucked because Lynch sucked in Buffalo, this season he sucks but McCoy sucks too wonits all good.

Trent ain't McCoy, he ain't Lynch, he is Trent and he is the second worst running back with 500 carries in league history.

What does season have to do with this season?

And he isn't the worst colts rb in the history of the team. So in no way is he the second worst in league history

What does season have to do with this season?

And he isn't the worst colts rb in the history of the team. So in no way is he the second worst in league history

You earn things in life. If a guy works for me and he sucks from day 1 then he won't get the same chances as a guy who has performed well in the past and is currently struggling.

Every day isn't a new day, what you did yesterday has a direct effect on tomorrow and the future.

You pay your rent late every month, landlord doesn't like you. You pay on time for years and then need some extra time one month the odds of you getting it are greatly increased. The past is what defines you, like it or not.

You earn things in life. If a guy works for me and he sucks from day 1 then he won't get the same chances as a guy who has performed well in the past and is currently struggling.

Every day isn't a new day, what you did yesterday has a direct effect on tomorrow and the future.

You pay your rent late every month, landlord doesn't like you. You pay on time for years and then need some extra time one month the odds of you getting it are greatly increased. The past is what defines you, like it or not.

Still has nothing to do with todays out put. He is playing better than his career averages this year, not worse

What the Browns drafted with that gift, has nothing to do with what we could have drafted.

True. I'm sure we would've have traded down for three or four hall of famers with that late first round pick. Way better then acquiring a solid starting halfback.

How is he solid ? What defines a solid running back to you ? Yards ? Holding onto the ball ? Drops ?

I'm not getting how you can define him as solid unless you are saying he is consistent, then I agree, he is very consistent, just not in a good way.

His pro day was in 2012 not 1987. I doubt his 40 is slower two years later

Most of them lose weight to run faster and then put the weight back on. On top of it being hand timed, that number has been disputed. Some people had him in the 4.6 range. This is meaningless, rb is more about acceleration. That sudden burst to get thru the hole. He doesnt have that. Anyone that denies it is in serious denial.

True. I'm sure we would've have traded down for three or four hall of famers with that late first round pick. Way better then acquiring a solid starting halfback.

Solid,  " that's funny, I don't care who you are"    he's a very lucky man, because if he were this solid for any other team in the NFL he would be benched, and there wouldn't be a single member of the fan base trying to defend him. He plays for the only team in the NFL that would put up with his indefensible lack of production. Too bad that team is my team. 

I do believe the pick was traded to philly who took an OLB that can't yet even get into a game.

Coulda woulda game is fools gold. If we kept the pick there was probably a 50% chance of the pick being a dud.

The only truly fair way to evaluate a particular pick's value is to look at the ACTUAL player chosen. So far, his deficiencies excepted, T. Rich contributes a LOT more to his team this year and last than the player the pick ended up being has contributed. Stay tuned for the next 3 years for the final retrospective comparison of reality, not fools gold speculation.

I haven't been impressed with Richardson this year, still looks slow and lacks vision that great RB's have. He's catching passes but he's also dropped plenty. Bradshaw is a better player and it's not even close, but the coaching staff won't bench him because of how much they gave up for him. They should bench him, but it'll make Grigson look bad. Richardson is holding the offense back, Bradshaw should get 20 touches a game and should never leave the field unless he's fatigued.

That's what is so sad about it, you know the Colts can't be happy with the way he's playing, they see the same things we do, even worse they see it every day in practice too. I understand them wanting it to work out, because of what they gave up, but at what point do they draw the line. How long will they continue to use him as the #1 back, and continue not to give Herron or Tipton a shot.

The players have to see it too, and they are risking the players not believing the staff is doing what's best for the team, as a player you see what Trent can and can't do. You also see what Herron and Tipton can do. That's why I have to believe that a line will be drawn at some point. So far it hasn't cost us much, but if it does and things go a little south, it could become a big problem. Most guys are going to toe the company line and say the right things, but you let it cost us a game or two and this could cause big problems.

Solid, " that's funny, I don't care who you are" he's a very lucky man, because if he were this solid for any other team in the NFL he would be benched, and there wouldn't be a single member of the fan base trying to defend him. He plays for the only team in the NFL that would put up with his indefensible lack of production. Too bad that team is my team.

Donald brown is the current stater for the chargers. His current ypc is 2.0.. , Pretty sure Trent would get the nod over him in San Diego

That's what is so sad about it, you know the Colts can't be happy with the way he's playing, they see the same things we do, even worse they see it every day in practice too. I understand them wanting it to work out, because of what they gave up, but at what point do they draw the line. How long will they continue to use him as the #1 back, and continue not to give Herron or Tipton a shot.

The players have to see it too, and they are risking the players not believing the staff is doing what's best for the team, as a player you see what Trent can and can't do. You also see what Herron and Tipton can do. That's why I have to believe that a line will be drawn at some point. So far it hasn't cost us much, but if it does and things go a little south, it could become a big problem. Most guys are going to toe the company line and say the right things, but you let it cost us a game or two and this could cause big problems.

,Please tell me what herron and tipton have done?

Solid, " that's funny, I don't care who you are" he's a very lucky man, because if he were this solid for any other team in the NFL he would be benched, and there wouldn't be a single member of the fan base trying to defend him. He plays for the only team in the NFL that would put up with his indefensible lack of production. Too bad that team is my team.

His ypc is quite poor, but his contribution to the passing game thus far has been huge. Bradshaw is every bit as good in this phase and been a more efficient runner, but does anybody believe he can handle a higher snap count for the duration of the season? Herron might (huge emphasis on the "might") average a slightly better ypc, but will almost certainly be a relative liability in the passing game. Just not worth the tradeoff to play him often, though he'll probably work his way into the lineup in spots.

How is he solid ? What defines a solid running back to you ? Yards ? Holding onto the ball ? Drops ?

I'm not getting how you can define him as solid unless you are saying he is consistent, then I agree, he is very consistent, just not in a good way.

And you know?  Really?