Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also Trent's speed is coming. Watch the pass he caught from Luck. Had to break tackles for the gain. The speed is coming. He runs a 4.4

No he doesn't.    Trent didn't run a 4.4 at Alabama.

And he's much slower now than he was then.

Speed is not an asset for him.     I wish it was,  but it isn't.

i'm the voice of reason, all of you should be ashamed of yourselves. The guy is a slug. And how quickly we forgot that fumble

You can't be the "voice of reason" when you simply don't know football.

You know just enough to be dangerous and very annoying.

Sorry.

You're more likely our old friend JShipp back with a new handle.

But, if it helps, I'll always think of you as....     Brad Wells......

You can't be the voice of reason when you simply don't know football.

You know just enough to be dangerous and very annoying.

Sorry.

Please give an example of me not knowing football?

You guys are excited because a guy that avgs 3ypc is leading the team in all purpose yrds. Thats because the coaches are forcing him the ball. If Herron had his touches, he'd be the all purpose yrd leader

You guys are excited because a guy that avgs 3ypc is leading the team in all purpose yrds. Thats because the coaches are forcing him the ball. If Herron had his touches, he'd be the all purpose yrd leader

I agree 100%. Richardson isnt doing bad but he should be performing at an elite level for what we got him for.

Also vanilla stats like yards dont tell the whole story. Bradshaw is actually the top ranked pass catching back in the NFL.

Much better than last season, but there is still some room for improvement.

Bradshaw has been better this season though. Trent only has him beat in pass blocking imo. Trent's vision is still terribly inconsistent, I really hope he continues to improve and refrains from dancing a bit too much in the back field. Otherwise, good job so far...

We gave up a low level first for him plus he isn't making a ton of cash. The combo of Richardson & Bradshaw have been pretty darn good this year.

It was a low level first but after whiffing big on Werner not having a first rounder really takes a blow. Idk maybe the Titans actually have a good run D and Richardson runs wild the rest of the year. As of right now he isnt looking to good.

It was a low level first but after whiffing big on Werner not having a first rounder really takes a blow. Idk maybe the Titans actually have a good run D and Richardson runs wild the rest of the year. As of right now he isnt looking to good.

How can you say they whiffed on Werner? The guy has only played in 17 games while starting 5 of them, lol. Against the Titans Trent had 99 all purpose yards. You need to actually look into this stuff & learn to look at the big picture.

Sure....   you know football.    A touchdown gives you 6 points + the xtra point and you have 7.   A field goal gives you 3 and a safety 2.

But you're young and filled with anger and rage.    You want people fired for not doing what you want when you want.   You freely admit it.

So,  you don't get that Trent, while not worth a 1st round pick can still be a valuable addition.   Bradshaw can't stay healthy enough to be the lead dog, and you don't know enough about Herron to know if he can do it game in and game out.    You just think you know.     But,  you hate Trent so you want anyone other than Trent.    That simply makes you a fan.

You want Grigson and Pagano fired.   You freely say so.    You have no idea -- none -- how hard it is to win in the NFL.   The most difficult and most competitive sports league.     You and a few other posters think we're winning simply because we have Andrew Luck.    Yes, without him we wouldn't be 500.    But you give no credit -- none -- for the team assembled around him.

We went from 2-14 to 11-5 in the first year of Grigson/Pagano and we only had $80 million to spend.  We had $40 mill in dead cap money.   And still went 11-5.     That's much more than Andrew Luck.    And no one here is a bigger Luck fan than I am.  Heck, I'm here every day because of Luck.   But even I can recognize that Grigson has put solid players around Luck.   And Pagano and his staff coach them up.    They coach the heck out of them.

We led the league last year in fewest turnovers.   I think we were among the league leaders in fewest penalties.   We don't have a lot of name players,  or sexy players.    But our guys plays hard most every week.    And I never take that for granted.

Do I love every move by Grigson?   No.    But I'm a fan sitting 1,800 miles away.   I don't know what Grigson knows.   I give him the benefit of the doubt every time he does something that I question.    Like signing Landry.   Or trading a #1 for TRich.

But I always look forward to watching the Colts.    We play hard and we typically play smart.   As a fan, I can't ask for more than that.

You're just way, way too angry and it makes you fly off the handle.  You seem incapable of just enjoying your favorite team.  You want coaches fired and players cut because you're not happy with something.    Sorry,   but that just makes you a fan.   Hey,  we're ALL fans here, I get that.   But most of us can enjoy a win and understand a loss.    But not you.   Someone always has to get cut or fired when you're not happy.   And you seem to be not happy most of the time.    So, that makes you a fan who doesn't understand football.

ADD:   Moderators please note this post was not intended as an attack on 1-yard,  but rather an explanation of why I think he doesn't know football the way he thinks he knows football.    I tried to make the post analytical and not a personal attack.    I hope this is taken into consideration.     Thanks....

Oh yeah, my bad. Man I guess stating the truth about Richardson on this forum considers me a hater or troll.....

Not at all, having an opinion on a player is absolutely fine. 

Pushing that opinion in numerous topics, often in something that is not related and making it the only thing you post about is what leads to those accusations. 

It's sad but I do honestly think there is now a section of posters who are rooting for Trent to do badly so they can be proved "right". That's got to be a very weird place to be as a fan of a team.

Oh just for complete transparency my own thoughts on the Trent affair, I wasn't too happy with the trade at the time because my own opinion is almost no RB is worth trading a 1st rounder for, same as I think there is very few RBs worth drafting in the 1st. However that's old news, now he wears the Shoe I'll pull for him. That's not to say I'm above criticising him but it won't be blind criticism. I think he gets a rough deal in that the positive things he does do are massively overshadowed by the negative sentiment on here towards him. 

How can you say they whiffed on Werner? The guy has only played in 17 games while starting 5 of them, lol. Against the Titans Trent had 99 all purpose yards. You need to actually look into this stuff & learn to look at the big picture.

Right now Werner is a wiff. Not only is his play in question, him also playing 17 games and starting 5 put a question mark on his health. He did sit behind Mathis but would have gotten a lot more snaps if he wasn't injured.

The bigger picture is he touched the ball 25 times and only got 99 yards. That is only 3.96 yards a touch. That is not a good average. Also the Colts offense averages 4 yards with Richardson in the lineup and without they average 6. My biggest thing with Richardson is he was a 3rd overall pick and was touted as the next Adrian Peterson, and he puts up mediocre type numbers. When you use a first round pick on someone it makes sense to expect him to produce high numbers. Im not saying he's a horrible player he just underachieves.

Right now Werner is a wiff. Not only is his play in question, him also playing 17 games and starting 5 put a question mark on his health. He did sit behind Mathis but would have gotten a lot more snaps if he wasn't injured.

The bigger picture is he touched the ball 25 times and only got 99 yards. That is only 3.96 yards a touch. That is not a good average. Also the Colts offense averages 4 yards with Richardson in the lineup and without they average 6. My biggest thing with Richardson is he was a 3rd overall pick and was touted as the next Adrian Peterson, and he puts up mediocre type numbers. When you use a first round pick on someone it makes sense to expect him to produce high numbers. Im not saying he's a horrible player he just underachieves.

Again. Lol, wut? You have failed on both accounts. I need to sleep. 

Not at all, having an opinion on a player is absolutely fine.

Pushing that opinion in numerous topics, often in something that is not related and making it the only thing you post about is what leads to those accusations.

It's sad but I do honestly think there is now a section of posters who are rooting for Trent to do badly so they can be proved "right". That's got to be a very weird place to be as a fan of a team.

Oh just for complete transparency my own thoughts on the Trent affair, I wasn't too happy with the trade at the time because my own opinion is almost no RB is worth trading a 1st rounder for, same as I think there is very few RBs worth drafting in the 1st. However that's old news, now he wears the Shoe I'll pull for him. That's not to say I'm above criticising him but it won't be blind criticism. I think he gets a rough deal in that the positive things he does do are massively overshadowed by the negative sentiment on here towards him.

Richardson is a great guy and I don't hate him. I hope he does good and I do root for him. I think he is a physical beast but hear me out for a little.

What really makes no sense to me is how fans can comfortably say Richardson isn't disappointing. I want him to do good and it would suck to look back in the future and have everyone say Grigson F'ed up and traded for a crap running back. I don't want him to be a bust, he has potential and is a stand up guy who wears the horseshoe. For fans to say stuff like they are fine with spending a first round pick on him and they don't expect him to put up some 100 yard games, boggles my mind.

When he was traded most Colts fans (including me) thought he was going to be a bruising top RB who would rush for 1,000 yards. You have to admit his play has disappointed fans. He was a 3rd overall pick! He was a 3rd overall pick RB to have 2 to 3 yards per carry average, and has had some fumbling issues. His best game running wise this year he fumbled twice.

He is a young guy and he could turn it around. If he does i will gladly eat my words and send TRich a apology letter myself. The thing is fans are in denial that he has disappointed and I'm just trying to say its okay to not be happy with his production.

Again. Lol, wut? You have failed on both accounts. I need to sleep.

I can see you are having a hard time understanding. You are just lying to yourself about Werner and Richardson not producing. Its okay to look at your team and say it has holes and could use improvement. Have a good nights rest it should clear your mind and help you think a little better.

Richardson is a great guy and I don't hate him. I hope he does good and I do root for him. I think he is a physical beast but hear me out for a little.

What really makes no sense to me is how fans can comfortably say Richardson isn't disappointing. I want him to do good and it would suck to look back in the future and have everyone say Grigson F'ed up and traded for a crap running back. I don't want him to be a bust, he has potential and is a stand up guy who wears the horseshoe. For fans to say stuff like they are fine with spending a first round pick on him and they don't expect him to put up some 100 yard games, boggles my mind.

When he was traded most Colts fans (including me) thought he was going to be a bruising top RB who would rush for 1,000 yards. You have to admit his play has disappointed fans. He was a 3rd overall pick! He was a 3rd overall pick RB to have 2 to 3 yards per carry average, and has had some fumbling issues. His best game running wise this year he fumbled twice.

He is a young guy and he could turn it around. If he does i will gladly eat my words and send TRich a apology letter myself. The thing is fans are in denial that he has disappointed and I'm just trying to say its okay to not be happy with his production.

All fair points and I don't think many people will argue them. Hopefully he blossoms here and even if he doesn't become superstar I'll take him being a solid starter at least for us. 

I do wonder sometimes how history would have played out if Ballard doesn't get injured.

All fair points and I don't think many people will argue them. Hopefully he blossoms here and even if he doesn't become superstar I'll take him being a solid starter at least for us.

I do wonder sometimes how history would have played out if Ballard doesn't get injured.

I agree he is a great guy and I am rooting for him to succeed! At least he isn't doing roids or driving drunk *cough* Landry, Rogers *cough*

I have always wondered also. I think one of the main reasons for the Richardson trade was Pep and Pagano wanted a ground and pound offense so they had Grigson go out and get him to try and complete it.

It sucks that Ballard got injured so much......sadly i think they might part ways with him by the end of the season.

I agree he is a great guy and I am rooting for him to succeed! At least he isn't doing roids or driving drunk *cough* Landry, Rogers *cough*

I have always wondered also. I think one of the main reasons for the Richardson trade was Pep and Pagano wanted a ground and pound offense so they had Grigson go out and get him to try and complete it.

It sucks that Ballard got injured so much......sadly i think they might part ways with him by the end of the season.

Sadly I think the same as a twice injured RB doesn't really have much roster security. His only saving grace might be he's cheap being on his Rookie deal. 

I just don't understand why so many people make such a big deal about T-Rich, the trade happened, accept that. We got a very young, very strong, and by everything I've seen very team oriented RB. He has been extremely durable, dude is almost always getting hit in the back field,  yet he keeps plugging away with no complaints or finger pointing. So he doesn't have the numbers, so what! He does what he's asked to do. Period. This team is only going to go as far as the passing game takes us, and when i watch the the games I see 8 or 9 guys in the box when T-Rich is in their, usually, so in my opinion that right their is a win because it's less people in coverage. Fact of the matter is he's a good RB, not so much by the numbers but by the man he is and the way he gives it up for the team. Get off his back, it really good be so much worse. He has time to become dominant, or he stays the same and he doesn't cost a lot, either way it's good for the colts.  

We have to think of both T-Rich and Bradshaw as more or less receiving backs at this point.

Their rushing still leaves something to be desired but they can both make plays in the receiving game.

T Rich I remember turned a short dump off pass into like 23 yards.  

Oh wait, I don't have to go any further than this post, in limited touches against back-ups he has a lower YPC average than TRich and now receptions.