Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

McCoy is averaging 2.7 with a few less yards. A lot of people were high on that guy coming into the season after leading the league last year. You wouldn't complain if they gave up a pick for him would you?

*Prepares for someone to use the Eagles banged up offensive line as an excuse for McCoy's lack of production*

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCoy is averaging 2.7 with a few less yards. A lot of people were high on that guy coming into the season after leading the league last year. You wouldn't complain if they gave up a pick for him would you?

I'm just not very high on giving away ANY 1st round pick for a running back when the team had greater needs elsewhere. It's not as if that was the one remaining obstacle stopping us from getting to the Super Bowl. I didn't mean to turn this into this kind of discussion. I guess i can't help myself sometimes. Truth is, I'm pulling for Richardson to succeed. But so far, I'm just not seeing a 1st round value.

I'm just not very high on giving away ANY 1st round pick for a running back when the team had greater needs elsewhere. It's not as if that was the one remaining obstacle stopping us from getting to the Super Bowl. I didn't mean to turn this into this kind of discussion. I guess i can't help myself sometimes. Truth is, I'm pulling for Richardson to succeed. But so far, I'm just not seeing a 1st round value.

I wasn't thrilled to learn the Colts traded a first round pick for a RB either but the Colts had already lost one RB for the season and they had two players, neither of whom played a full season in 2012 and with Bradshaw and already missed much of training camp with an injury.  So there Pagano and Grigson are wondering what to do about the running back situation and Cleveland calls and says they are seeing if there is any interest for TRich.

Even with red flags flying that would be a hard trade to pass up by a GM, especially from an ineptly (is that a word) run organization like the Browns.

of course not! McCoy HAS proven his worth. Trent HAS YET to prove his worth as a 1st rounder two times over.

It's silly to compare these two because Trent is not anywhere near the player McCoy is. Trent will have to be consistent and certainly avg more than 50yg and 3.3ypc to be worthy of giving away a 1st rounder.

Trent is always compared to players he has no business being compared to. Last year he was the next Lynch, this year he has been compared to Forte and McCoy, not because Trent has ever accomplished anything but because those 2 who have accomplished things are now struggling.

You are basing Trent's so called current success on the same flawed logic that was used to call him a success his rookie season. You hand him the ball enough he will accumulate yards, but if you give an average back the same amount of touches then he will most likely accumulate more.

Its like 2 guys claiming they make $1000 a week. One guy works 40 hours to get his money, the other guy works 70, they both get the same but it takes one guy a lot longer to get his.

Trent has turned the corner from Bad to Average. A lot of people pick on his YPC, when in reality, his blocking and receiving ability make up for that. I think the goal is for Richardson to make the transition from average to above average by the end of the year and he can be worth a 2nd round pick and we'll be close to not getting burned in that trade. No rb is worth the 3rd overall pick, much less the 26th that we paid. I think we can get a solid player out of this. Luckily he's producing as of now, and that's probably better than most of us thought he'd even do.

Trent is always compared to players he has no business being compared to. Last year he was the next Lynch, this year he has been compared to Forte and McCoy, not because Trent has ever accomplished anything but because those 2 who have accomplished things are now struggling.

You are basing Trent's so called current success on the same flawed logic that was used to call him a success his rookie season. You hand him the ball enough he will accumulate yards, but if you give an average back the same amount of touches then he will most likely accumulate more.

Its like 2 guys claiming they make $1000 a week. One guy works 40 hours to get his money, the other guy works 70, they both get the same but it takes one guy a lot longer to get his.

Are any of your 657 posts not Trent bashing? Just curious.

You call it bashing, I call it introducing reality to the masses.

My post is reality above, you devote your whole time on here degrading Trent. Unless I've missed your other posts, you've never posted on any other subject. You are obsessed and I think most people are satisfied with 81 total yards on average a game sharing with bradshaw and the occasional td. He's not good, but he's not a liability either.

If you ever want to see who actually watches the games, come to a thread about Trich and look for who uses his YPC to say he sucks.

A better stat would be yards after first contact. i just rewatched the Titans game. He's still getting hit in the backfield a lot.

A better stat would be yards after first contact. i just rewatched the Titans game. He's still getting hit in the backfield a lot.

The Titans game was weird in a way because with gametracker I couldn't figure out if the Titans were playing the run, or if the loss of Thornton hurt the run blocking that much. All I know is Luck was able to carve them up like a thanksgiving turkey and it may of been because they were playing against the run to make up for their last few games and got burned in the air. Even Bradshaw averaged 3.5 YPC or close to that. Tough day vs the run for both of them.

No one was even comparing him to anyone but throwing out numbers for this year. I think it pains you to say anything positive about any member of this team let alone Trent. So the time has come to put up some real info or gtho.

I still gotta say, and I've been saying this since his first few games as a Colt, we aren't using him enough as a receiver. He reminds me of a Dallas Clark with less speed and more bulk. An atypical TE proto nonetheless. 

It's in the way he runs. In open space, watch out. In traditional A/B gap runs, he often falters. A good example would be that huge gain he had against the Titans last week off a catch in the flat. He made a brilliant side-step inside and almost got loose for the distance.

I'm not suggesting we change his position to TE. Though I have seen him line up as a receiver at least once (no targets that I remember from this form). I'm suggesting an aggressive approach, using him often as a receiver. With the packages that Pep has shown thus far, such a thing would really fit. 

Certainly. If you look at Bradshaw he averaged like 3 yards. We just weren't getting good run blocking in that game. Whether it is because we were bad or the Titans were just good is irrelevant. No way was anybody going to be running well. They both had some nice runs but were once again fighting just to not lose yardage on many plays. 

I still gotta say, and I've been saying this since his first few games as a Colt, we aren't using him enough as a receiver. He reminds me of a Dallas Clark with less speed and more bulk. An atypical TE proto nonetheless. 

It's in the way he runs. In open space, watch out. In traditional A/B gap runs, he often falters. A good example would be that huge gain he had against the Titans last week off a catch in the flat. He made a brilliant side-step inside and almost got loose for the distance.

I'm not suggesting we change his position to TE. Though I have seen him line up as a receiver at least once (no targets that I remember from this form). I'm suggesting an aggressive approach, using him often as a receiver. With the packages that Pep has shown thus far, such a thing would really fit. 

This, This, and more of this. He needs to get at least 5 receptions a game. He can easily turn that into 75 yards for us along with his carries.

Trent Richardson is by far the worst starting running back in the NFL. He is unique though, he is the only back in the history of the NFL, that can't move laterally without coming to a complete stop first, he has no lateral quickness, no ability to move laterally at all. The other unique ability he has that no other back in the NFL has, is the ability to run the ball with completely no vision at all.

When the Colts (the team I love) are through trying to save face, this guy will be out of the NFL for good. Let me point out that I'm not saying any of this because I'm a Trent basher, it's not Trents fault. Trent is not to blame, He's going to play and accept the teams money as long as they are willing to give it. I don't blame him at all. I too have no ability to be a NFL back, but I would take their money and playing time too.

Everyone, except the Colts powers to be and a few delusional fans on this site, know he's not an NFL quality back, not even a back-up. Forget the no.#1 pick, I moved on from that a long time ago. He shouldn't be on this team if he cost nothing and was playing for the vet minimum, much less getting the majority of the carries

Never has a back done so little and been called productive by some members of its fan base. This is laughable. "I like the one two punch we have with Richardson and Bradshaw"  one is a punch and the other is a whiff.  but the most hilarious one is  "I like how Richardson wears them down and then we bring in Bradshaw"    wears them out laughing, that we have such an incompetent back getting most of the carries

I don't know what it is with the Colts powers to be, you would think they would want to give us the best chance to win, but we all saw Satele play over Shipley and even Mcglynn who was better than Satele. Some of some of those same delusional fans would say "'you don't see them practice every day and the staff does"   no I didn't, but I seen them play every sunday and it was pretty damn obvious who was better, as obvious as it is that Trent Richardson is not an NFL back. the sooner the Colts figure this out and give some of his carries to any other back on the team, the quicker will see how good this offense can be.

He's a first round draft pick, he better be good.

Didn't know where you got drafted meant you had to do something

You might wanna let

RG3

Morris Claiborne

AJ Jenkins

Matt Khalil

Ryan Tannehill

Dre Kirkpatrick

Mark Barron

Might wanna let them know that it's mandatory for them to be good since they were 1st round picks

This, This, and more of this. He needs to get at least 5 receptions a game. He can easily turn that into 75 yards for us along with his carries.

Adding to this; If teams have to start planning for him as a receiving threat (as teams were forced to with the likes of Kevin Faulk, Fred Taylor etc), think of the impact when one considers our receiving weaponry? 

Adding to this; If teams have to start planning for him as a receiving threat (as teams were forced to with the likes of Kevin Faulk, Fred Taylor etc), think of the impact when one considers our receiving weaponry? 

He got five targets Sunday. Dropped the first one, turned the other four into 52 yards. Keep that up, minus the drop, and I'm happy.

If he ever did anything at Bama it was catch dump offs and pass block.  He is known for a wide base which is great for taking one hit when you dont really see it coming. But its not so great for getting through holes. Its not so great for bursting through seams and cracks. 

He got five targets Sunday. Dropped the first one, turned the other four into 52 yards. Keep that up, minus the drop, and I'm happy.

One of these times, hopefully Sunday, he's gonna break a huge one. He's dying to. I felt so happy for him, to see how excited he was to get into the endzone last week, and that was just a very short run.

Trent Richardson is by far the worst starting running back in the NFL. He is unique though, he is the only back in the history of the NFL, that can't move laterally without coming to a complete stop first, he has no lateral quickness, no ability to move laterally at all. The other unique ability he has that no other back in the NFL has, is the ability to run the ball with completely no vision at all.

When the Colts (the team I love) are through trying to save face, this guy will be out of the NFL for good. Let me point out that I'm not saying any of this because I'm a Trent basher, it's not Trents fault. Trent is not to blame, He's going to play and accept the teams money as long as they are willing to give it. I don't blame him at all. I too have no ability to be a NFL back, but I would take their money and playing time too.

Everyone, except the Colts powers to be and a few delusional fans on this site, know he's not an NFL quality back, not even a back-up. Forget the no.#1 pick, I moved on from that a long time ago. He shouldn't be on this team if he cost nothing and was playing for the vet minimum, much less getting the majority of the carries

Never has a back done so little and been called productive by some members of its fan base. This is laughable. "I like the one two punch we have with Richardson and Bradshaw" one is a punch and the other is a whiff. but the most hilarious one is "I like how Richardson wears them down and then we bring in Bradshaw" wears them out laughing, that we have such an incompetent back getting most of the carries

I don't know what it is with the Colts powers to be, you would think they would want to give us the best chance to win, but we all saw Satele play over Shipley and even Mcglynn who was better than Satele. Some of some of those same delusional fans would say "'you don't see them practice every day and the staff does" no I didn't, but I seen them play every sunday and it was pretty damn obvious who was better, as obvious as it is that Trent Richardson is not an NFL back. the sooner the Colts figure this out and give some of his carries to any other back on the team, the quicker will see how good this offense can be.

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/31550-And-the-Colts-all-purpose-yards-leader-through-4-games-is....

Just sayin ;)

T rich isn't "good" yet. The better word would be... "better". Our O line has improved from last year with the loss of McGlynn and Satele but T rich has gotten better and that's clear as day. Hopefully he can go back to being "good".

Nice.  Not sure how anyway can argue with that.  Bust or no bust, he's our player, so I'm happy he's improving.  I'm not sure everyone is though, which is strange.

Teams are still stacking the box when he is in. 3 TE sets have helped. He had nice runs this season. After the first two games teams have backed off except Tenn. They have underrated CB's. As we get more dangerous in the pass game his average will increase.

LOL. Where would we be without him. Oh yeah, probably 3-1

Family_Feud_Strike.jpg

If he runs a 4.4, TY must run a 3.8

image009.gif

And he's going to avg 3ypc.how many carries will it take for him to get those yrds. LOL.

Bad%20Karn%20Feud%20Answers%201%20Pic%20

OOhhhh no, well now the other team gets a chance to steal.