Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

Well it is frustrating to see him to repeatedly do the same thing over and over again which clearly has had a part  even if a small part in him being as unproductive as he has been(If you noticed he literally hops before he runs up to take the ball on the handoff)....And your standards are low for him(In my opinion) if you expected 3 total td's and 2 fumbles from him through 108 carries...Again he has improved...But given his number of carries I think he should be closer to 450 yards rushing

Where in the hell do you see that I said those are my standards for him?  That's TWICE you've talked about my expectations or standards for Trent, even though I refuted the point the first time you said it.  The points I've been trying to make are:

for you to say that it "infuriates you"....for anything a player does to be "infuriating" to a fan...yes, that's weird.  

for any player I don't like, I could cherry pick a couple of stats that make that player look like they're underperforming.  all you have to do is watch trent to know he's running far more effectively than last year though there is always still room to improve.  But to say his improvement has been slight or marginal is pretty significantly underselling him.

See that above?  This was in response to your first claim that my expectations are low.  I already replied and told you that is not the case.  I simply disagreed with your initial assertion that Trent's improvement over last year has been slight or marginal.  And the part in blue, where I clearly stated there is still room for him to improve, should have told you that his current production is not my expectation.  Yet you still made the same claim again.  Hence, you haven't been paying attention.

given his number of carries I think he should be closer to 450 yards rushing

oh and hey, here's something for you to keep in mind.  You said that he should be closer to 450 yards rushing.  For his 108 carries, that would be a ypc average of 4.2 (I rounded up for you).  That's fine, I agree that would be a good ypc for him.  His ypc average last year was 2.9 and he's currently at 3.6.  3.6 yards per carry is over halfway between 2.9 and 4.2.  Put more simply, his production has improved by slightly over 50% from last year.  How is that a slight or marginal improvement?  He's already halfway to where you want him to be compared to last year.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where in the hell do you see that I said those are my standards for him?  That's TWICE you've talked about my expectations or standards for Trent, even though I refuted the point the first time you said it.  The points I've been trying to make are:

See that above?  This was in response to your first claim that my expectations are low.  I already replied and told you that is not the case.  I simply disagreed with your initial assertion that Trent's improvement over last year has been slight or marginal.  And the part in blue, where I clearly stated there is still room for him to improve, should have told you that his current production is not my expectation.  Yet you still made the same claim again.  Hence, you haven't been paying attention.

oh and hey, here's something for you to keep in mind.  You said that he should be closer to 450 yards rushing.  For his 108 carries, that would be a ypc average of 4.2 (I rounded up for you).  That's fine, I agree that would be a good ypc for him.  His ypc average last year was 2.9 and he's currently at 3.6.  3.6 yards per carry is over halfway between 2.9 and 4.2.  Put more simply, his production has improved by slightly over 50% from last year.  How is that a slight or marginal improvement?  He's already halfway to where you want him to be compared to last year.

I said he has improved when talking about him in the post you originally quoted...No denying he has at all...Better then last year without question and he has really came on in 4 games where we gave him at least 9 carries but 9 games in at 2 total TD's...Of course I want him to do well and he has shown improvement. Hopefully he continues.

I don't know what this thing is with you and Trent hoping.   He's not the first RB to do it.    He won't be the last.

Some backs do it to set themselves up for the proper angle of attack.    Some do it for timing and rhythm...     He may not be great, but he's good.

He runs well and hard.     He catches the ball out of the backfield well.    And he blocks well.

The things you chose to focus on and the things you chose to ignore are often head scratching......

Can you name a specific Back that hops around like a jack rabbit? Whatever happened to running up to the ball on hand off and running like your hair is on fire with your pads low and head up? That hop slows him down and gives Linebackers time to set up, There was a reason Edge James was brought in at one point to help him out and it wasn't just to help him unpack his bags and show him around the city or teach him an offense James never played in

Brown has nothing to do with Richardsons 3.6 ypc and 2 receiving td's to 3 fumbles

What about his pass blocking and receiving yards? He still gets hit quite a bit as he's getting the ball, and still manages to get positive yardage. IMO our rb duo is working great!

I said he has improved when talking about him in the post you originally quoted...No denying he has at all...Better then last year without question and he has really came on in 4 games where we gave him at least 9 carries but 9 games in at 2 total TD's...Of course I want him to do well and he has shown improvement. Hopefully he continues.

Yes you did...you said "But he has not significantly improved....Its been a slight improvement....marginal".  It was the slight/marginal part that I originally disagreed with.

Brown has nothing to do with Richardsons 3.6 ypc and 2 receiving td's to 3 fumbles

Well its hard to compare tds.. trent and bradshaw have the same amount of rushing tds and fumbles.. oddly enough being the bigger back trent doesnt get many goal line looks.. not to mention we have the best passing game in the league sooo its hard to judge the running backs.. as for fumbles.. trent only has two fumbles.. also there is 17 other RBs in the league with 2 or more fumbles. So i guess there pretty much isnt a good running back in the league in your eyes.

Can you name a specific Back that hops around like a jack rabbit? Whatever happened to running up to the ball on hand off and running like your hair is on fire with your pads low and head up? That hop slows him down and gives Linebackers time to set up, There was a reason Edge James was brought in at one point to help him out and it wasn't just to help him unpack his bags and show him around the city or teach him an offense James never played in

It's not just a running-back "thing", RB coaches have been teaching this for years. Gene Huey was huge on it, especially with Addai. It's like the "bunny hop" out-fielders do in baseball. It helps build momentum, as does the jump-cut.

Can you name a specific Back that hops around like a jack rabbit? Whatever happened to running up to the ball on hand off and running like your hair is on fire with your pads low and head up? That hop slows him down and gives Linebackers time to set up, There was a reason Edge James was brought in at one point to help him out and it wasn't just to h ,a man on a missionelp him unpack his bags and show him around the city or teach him an offense James never played in

We don't always agree on what we see but you are correct , when Trent does this or the lateral hop he looses all momentum all leverage. In open field it can be affective at times but not when your trying to break thru the line. Trents problems can be cured but hes the only one that can, Bradshaw when healthy is a beast , a man on a mission , the reason I was very disappointed when Ballard went down because hes much the same.

Don't understand how people can compare Ballard favorably to Richardson at this point. Both had pretty decent rookie years, but Ballard basically hasn't played since.

In that rookie year they averaged roughly the same ypc (.3 yards in Ballard's favor), they both fumbled three times (Richardson had far more carries), Richardson scored far more touchdowns, and contributed more to the passing game.

Richardson had an awful second year, but looks pretty good this year. Neither back has played much, but Richardson has had a nominally better career. Ballard has promise, but doesn't compare favorably to Richardson by anything but subjective analysis.

Don't understand how people can compare Ballard favorably to Richardson at this point. Both had pretty decent rookie years, but Ballard basically hasn't played since.

In that rookie year they averaged roughly the same ypc (.3 yards in Ballard's favor), they both fumbled three times (Richardson had far more carries), Richardson scored far more touchdowns, and contributed more to the passing game.

Richardson had an awful second year, but looks pretty good this year. Neither back has played much, but Richardson has had a nominally better career. Ballard has promise, but doesn't compare favorably to Richardson by anything but subjective analysis.

I don't think it's difficult to see that Ballard is a better runner when healthy. Now, whether Ballard can block and catch like Richardson is debatable.

By the way,  the Colts official stats show TRich with 2 fumbles,  not three.    The same two fumbles as Bradshaw has.

Hopefully this gives you some peace......

It is a losing battle some people will never let the guy be. It is too bad I expect him to be a Colt for sometime. He won't be in a position to command big dollars, he is as you said a good back I think he will be around for a while.

I expect a big game from Trent on Saturday he has very quietly averaged 5.4 ypc his last two games and NE has been a very favorable fantasy match up this year no now Mayo   

It's not just a running-back "thing", RB coaches have been teaching this for years. Gene Huey was huge on it, especially with Addai. It's like the "bunny hop" out-fielders do in baseball. It helps build momentum, as does the jump-cut.

It clearly helps him lose momentum...especially the jump cut...several times he has to gather himself after coming to a complete stop, I think for his body type (short legs thick build, short Back) he needs to learn to use the Speed Cut

This video goes into it a little bit at the beginning, short quick steps to the O Line with head/shoulders down, instead of using your foot or feet to do the power cut or lunge cut Trent does that's not worked very well, use the hips to Speed Cut, He flashes a lot of shift so I am sure he can do it physically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQRw3zZvb_g

Yeah I botched the fumble number up

No,  I didn't think you did.

There was a mix-up here....   there was a botched hand-off in a game between Luck and Trent.

Almost everyone here thought it went to Trent.   Turns out,  it was given to Luck.

No botch.    Just a misunderstanding by all of us....     no worries....

Just checking in to see Bradshaw out rushing Trich by 30 yards on 25 less attempts.

Status quo, moving along.

How is Ben Tates YPC looking? And he is making more money than Trent and running behind a better line. Now run along and destroy your city in celebration while your team is in first place in mid November

Just checking in to see Bradshaw out rushing Trich by 30 yards on 25 less attempts. 

Status quo, moving along. 

Really?

You just checked in to be a jerk and to rub out faces in it?

Next time you get a smart *** answer that you don't like, you might remember this post of yours....

Not your best effort.

He just doesn't have what it takes. When you watch him run, he just doesnt have it in him to be a high quality back in the NFL. Bad O-line or not. Even Dennard Robinson is better than Trent. Really hope at this point, we draft a RB in the mid rounds. Maybe a Jeremy Langford, or Duke Johnson.

Trent sucks, yes the O-line has been terrible, but any back can run through a big hole. All the Trent lovers will make excuses for this guy till the minute he's cut. Had the Colts not given up a first round pick for Trent, he would have been benched or cut a long time ago. I understand that you gave up a first round pick for him, so you feel like you have to get something in return, but he's not good, he's not effective, he flat out sucks.

Losing Bradshaw is a huge blow, he is show much more than Trent, it's not even close. I believe Boom H. will come in and do a good job, but he's not bradshaw. Herron will come in and out perform Trent easily. I've been saying it all year. Now the Trent lovers will have to face, just how bad Trent sucks, because without Bradshaw the Colts will need Trent to step up, but the sad thing is he doesn't have another step, to step up too, He sucks, it's sad the we had to lose Bradshaw in order for Herron to get the chance to show what he can do.

Nice to see you don't get sarcasm.

with as many stupid and ridiculous comments that are made on this site, it can be very difficult to determine what is actually stupidity and what is sarcasm.  That's why there are emoticons like this guy  :sarcasm:.  don't use them and you run the risk of people just thinking you're stupid.  

in person, sarcasm is much easier to pick up...in written from it's up to the writer to properly communicate it.    so it's not so much me not being able to pick up sarcasm, it's more that some people don't know how to properly communicate it in written form.  :thmup:

with as many stupid and ridiculous comments that are made on this site, it can be very difficult to determine what is actually stupidity and what is sarcasm. That's why there are emoticons like this guy :sarcasm:. don't use them and you run the risk of people just thinking you're stupid.

in person, sarcasm is much easier to pick up...in written from it's up to the writer to properly communicate it. so it's not so much me not being able to pick up sarcasm, it's more that some people don't know how to properly communicate it in written form. :thmup:

I got it just fine. The fact that he said a 0.6 YPC should have given it away. TRich would never get that high.

You have two choices:

A. Trent Richardson remains on the Colts roster.

B. You find $2 on the ground.

Which one do you pick?

A

Trent is worth more than a 2 litre of Coke. We gotta have somebody back there. Bradshaw is a beast, but he can't stay healthy. Ballard shows flashes, but he can't stay healthy either. Boom could be okay, and I'd take him ahead of Trent right now...but until the oline gets settled/BETTER...it doesn't really matter. Trent is S L O W and lacks vision/instinct...but he's better than $2.

with as many stupid and ridiculous comments that are made on this site, it can be very difficult to determine what is actually stupidity and what is sarcasm. That's why there are emoticons like this guy :sarcasm:. don't use them and you run the risk of people just thinking you're stupid.

in person, sarcasm is much easier to pick up...in written from it's up to the writer to properly communicate it. so it's not so much me not being able to pick up sarcasm, it's more that some people don't know how to properly communicate it in written form. :thmup:

I'm too lazy to emoticon and was being intentionally obtuse. It's what this thread is for.