Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LaVon Brazill suspended for 1 year.

The Fish

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we know who our receivers will be with too much trouble. The guys best shot anyways was as the teams kick returner... as he likely wouldn't have seen the ball much. I'll never understand why people refuse to put the drugs away when they have a shot at a stable career.

Pretty ridiculous punishment for a little Mary Jane. (Which I assume it was since he said it was last time)

The thing that sucks is that the NFL has been talking about reducing the penalties for marijuana use. I think, a year from now, things will be different. 

But it's really dumb of Brazill to be in this position. That's three failed drug tests now. You get tested more regularly after the first failed test, then you get suspended four games after the second, then you get a year after the third. It's hard to feel anything by disappointment for a player who fails three drug tests in less than two years, even if the penalty is harsher than it should be.

What a dummy... I wonder if he'll be cut.

Assuming he's already appealed and lost, I'd release him now. Bring someone else in and give those reps away. He can't help us in 2014, and continuing to use his roster spot through camp and preseason seems like a waste.

Unless you think he's really going to be a big part of your team in the future, it's time to move on. And it's hard to project that kind of future for him, considering that any failed drug tests will cost him a season.

No. You get out of here. Don't tell me what to do. I don't care about what was going through Brazill's head. It is a stupid amount of punishment no matter who it is.

Your first post on this was bad. This is worse.

The drug policy is a collectively bargained system agreed upon by both the players and league. Whatever you think of pot, violating the policy twice as Brazill is not a reflection of a bad system but horrendous lack of judgement by Brazill. That is where the problem lies.

How is he gone and Josh is still up in the air? I was all for the guy liked him and I am not some anti-weed nazi but rules are rules he should be cut.

I would not be so sure Whalen sticks could still see us keeping 5 which was a strong possibility from the get go especially with the show Moncrief has put on and if Rogers is impressive.

There was a lot of buzz it was one slot for Rogers Whalen and Brazil keeping a FB and 4 RB's could equal 5wr's

Pretty ridiculous punishment for a little Mary Jane. (Which I assume it was since he said it was last time)

The thing is he has been doing more than a little because he has been caught more than once. My guess is his time as a Colt has just gone up in smoke.

07-Still-from-Up-In-Smoke.jpg

Yes, very stupid on Brazil's part and deserves what he got. The problem I have is that it is a very stupid and outdated rule. It is wrong to have such a rule against smoking mary jane by the NFL. Is there a rule against drinking alcohol? What would fans think about a rule that if you have drank any alcohol in the last month, then you are suspended for four games? What does any of this have anything to do with playing football? Alcohol is way worse than weed and yet it is not even called a drug. No weed, no alcohol.

Yes, very stupid on Brazil's part and deserves what he got. The problem I have is that it is a very stupid and outdated rule. It is wrong to have such a rule against smoking mary jane by the NFL. Is there a rule against drinking alcohol? What would fans think about a rule that if you have drank any alcohol in the last month, then you are suspended for four games? What does any of this have anything to do with playing football? Alcohol is way worse than weed and yet it is not even called a drug. No weed, no alcohol.

Alcohol is legal... Marijuana is not yet

but agreed on the outdated

Well what an *ic thing to do and one that angers me, I would say before people cry harsh treatment, but too late, take what his actual transgression is out of the equation and remember this is a guy who promised he was going to focus on football and fly right etc etc.

I'm all for giving people chances at redemption but he's pretty much spit on the face of everyone who gave him a third (!) chance.

Talent gave him the chance of a lifetime and he's let it go up in smoke. Zero sympathy.

While I can agree on your views, fact is he made an agreement as part of his job not to do it. He as a "professional" failed to abide by the rules of his profession, one that happens to offer renumeration that should make it easy to put down the green till after your career is done.

Out for the year, but deserves a chance. The guy needs help staying clean and knowing priorities. We've all made mistakes more than once. The kid deserves a chance. Don't know if it will be here. Best of Luck to him though. Very talent young man.

I agree.  However, if the NFL CBA, as negotiated by the league and the union, included a provision prohibiting the eating of pie, and you eat a pie, it's still your fault, even if it's a dumb rule.