Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Patriots OFFICIAL Mega Thread

Rob Lowe

Luck made some bad decisions  and over throws in that game last year.  T.Y. was running right past Talib.

I don't think they can totally take T.Y. out of the game.  This is a game we can win if we go back to being our

usual no turnover giving selves.  The key will be the turnovers, that's how the Patriots get you.  We can score

with those guys, and we've got enough people to match up with them in the secondary. It's a game we can win

if we just do what we do and stay away from the turnovers.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After getting picked nearly to death against KC, I worry about Brady and his arsenal of five yard passes and well designed (illegal but seldom called) picks. He can be disrupted if we knock him around early. Personally either would be tough, but I'd rather take my chances with Patriots this coming week. And the possibility, albeit remote, of hosting AFC Championship is still alive.

All this talk of BB taking TY out the game. Am I to assume that Andy Reid decided to pay little or no attention to him yesterday? Knowing someone is a 'danger', and actually stopping them are two different things.

I suspect we will need to play a near perfect game to win. No spotting them a nice two score lead, or our D playing like the first half yesterday. And Mr Luck, throw to the white jerseys please!

It's going to be interesting for sure (stating the bleeding obvious).......

How come we have to play New England every single season?!  It wasn't regular season this time but it is still within the 2013 season.  The last time we didn't play the Patriots in either regular or post season, was the 1969 season. 

Because Pats are always in the post-season. And Manning and Brady won their divisions almost every year which means automatic game the following season as divisional winners always play each other. And then previous to 2002 both were in the AFC East.

Beilichick is great at...

...game day half by half, quarter by quarter, possession by possession adjustments. Whereas we only seem willing to adjust at halftime.

Regardless, I believe if our players are disciplined. If they all execute and handle their responsibilities, we will win against this New England team that is less talented than we are.

BB used to eliminate Marvin. We'll see if he can do the same with TY. It would help that Reggie were here too.

One thing I am confident about is that he can't eliminate Andrew Luck. ;) He has too many physical skills.....it's not like playing Peyton.

Also can't for me go by much of last years game. They had Wilfork/Mayo/Gronk/Welker. We had Wayne/Allen and Arians etc. and a rookie QB.

Two different teams now with much more on the line. And more experience for us too.

Belichick on Colts: "This is a team that’s well coached, that’s had a real good season. They beat some of the best teams in the league."

More Belichick:"Explosive football team – we all saw it the other night, how quickly they can score, how explosive they are."

Belichick on Luck:"There’s no question he’s a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already."

I think we are going to go up there and hand it to the Patriots.  I'm not talking blow out but I feel we will walk out of there

with a W.  I like the current record that we have regarding not losing twice in a row and for that matter not losing to the same team twice in a row under Pagano.  If you beat us once we are undefeated at getting pay back the next go round. I think we will be well prepared!

1) Jam their receivers to break up Brady's rhythm.

2) Move Mathis around as usual to keep their protection guessing and blitz occasionally

3) Confiscate Belichick's practice footage from his Ninja spies. OR only practice plays that we won't run. (kidding sorta)

4) Get as many receivers involved early.

5) Keep our safties from cheating up on the short game. Roll them, blitz 1, but someone HAS to stay at home deep.

6) Survive BB's early tricks and make the adjustments, the adjustments to the adjustments, etc...

7) Celebrate Win.

Well, I think it's great we get to go after Patriots this year.  Missed them during the regular season.  Hope Landry is OK after the concussion.  It's rare to return after one week.  We'll need his presence. 

I agree. We got this. And Landry said he's fine on Twitter earlier. As happy as I was to see some long-missed players out there also, I'm thinking while Toler & Vontae were "game" ready, I don't think they were "Playoff Game" ready. I hope the coaches go back to what was working before, and clean it up. 'Cause someone finally went to the LOS lost-and-found, picked up the mojo that was missing, and got the thing done Saturday. We can't do that in NE... 'cause you know they won't give it back!

The weather forecast calls for a slight warm up, Bengals game like conditions with temps around 43 degrees with 30% chance of precipitation. But take that with a grain of salt for now.

Jan @ NE...I'd take that weather in a heartbeat!!

Edit: Just checked out Denver's weather for the heck of it and its supposed to be 50 with almost no chance of precipitation Sat and Sun. A little jealous of that forecast...