Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Patriots OFFICIAL Mega Thread

Rob Lowe

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weather will be a big factor. If we can protect Luck and give him time to find the open receiver and big Bob runs loose in their backfield. We also need to keep D Brown running which means we cannot dig ourselves a hole. We keep the game close then I think Luck will not feel the need to force the ball and will eliminate those turnovers!

I have said for a long time that Bob Mathis is the best pass rusher in the league. The thing I like about him over Freeny is he plays until the whistle blows as in the sack forced fumble against KC Sat. their tackle took Mathis deep outside and Bob still fought to get the sack and fumble! He will be in Satan's face next week and I don't think that NE will have an answer for him.98 will pressure and knock Brady around the whole game.

1) Jam their receivers to break up Brady's rhythm.

2) Move Mathis around as usual to keep their protection guessing and blitz occasionally

3) Confiscate Belichick's practice footage from his Ninja spies. OR only practice plays that we won't run. (kidding sorta)

4) Get as many receivers involved early.

5) Keep our safties from cheating up on the short game. Roll them, blitz 1, but someone HAS to stay at home deep.

6) Survive BB's early tricks and make the adjustments, the adjustments to the adjustments, etc...

7) Celebrate Win.

The only other thing I would add is we need to have a good solid running game D Brown should touch the ball 15 to 20 times and get 60 to 80 yards that will help keep NE D honest!

If we can get something out of the power running game that will be good, but I think we will kind of copy Denver in this game

and go 15 to 30 rushes out of the shotgun formation.  Donald Brown is very effective coming out of the shotgun.  The more

carries he gets out of that formation sooner or later he's going to burn you.

Wt a great comeback last game. But we are facing patriots next week which will be tough for both offensively and defensively.
I think that the Patriots are a lot harder to beat than the Broncos.

After a monster game from TY Hilton, I m sure that Bill Belichick is going to shut down him in the slot.
To stop a high power passing offense, Bill Belichick usually uses IN and OUT zone coverage to double up the slot and back off the safeties. He would kindly give up the deep ball outside and the running game. This was wt the patriots did to the Broncos and Peyton Manning saw the gameplan perfectly.

Offensively:
-The Colts need to run the football more than they did against the KC with Donald Brown.
-Pass the ball to the outside more becoz the Patriots are going to lock down the inside passing game.

Defensively:
I know that Chuck Pagano would like to challenge the secondary to beat their man with single coverage. This plan is so dangerous against Tom Brady and after multiple injuries from Vontae Davis and Greg Toler, they both showed us that they had difficulty in single man coverage against the opponent's NO.1 WR. I know that this gameplan worked magnificently when they played the Broncos, but I have doubts on the healthiness of our CBs.

-Pass Rush have to get to the QB-Tom Brady
-play more Zones than Man to Man

We did very well in pass rush against KC last game but the Man Coverage didnt work out, so the Colts'D gave up a bunch of open receivers and we almost lost becoz of that. 

I honestly like our chances. The opposing QB, despite continual media hype is 3-5 in his last 8 playoff games dating back to 2007, which is a substantial sample size. His passer rating in half of those games is a 66.4 or less. The real concern is how Belichick, whom is NE's true MVP (Most Valuable Participant) since 2001, will out coach our staff.

All this talk of BB taking TY out the game lol remember TY has beaten both Richard Sherman and Patrick Peterson this year, I'm not that worried about TY against Talib, TY will get his.

im thinking you are not going to see talib on him.

i think they are playing zone or double teaming him with a safety and dennard or someone lke that

Have to stop the run. Blount, Ridley, and Vereen are a nice little combo of backs.

Stop the run and Luck has to take care of the ball. Anything more than 1 turnover this weekend could be ugly for us.

I think we execute and pull out a close one.

Have to stop the run. Blount, Ridley, and Vereen are a nice little combo of backs.

Stop the run and Luck has to take care of the ball. Anything more than 1 turnover this weekend could be ugly for us.

I think we execute and pull out a close one.

The D-line also has to get in Brady's face, #98 has to do his thing.  

I have a good feeling about this game. The Pats will focus on two things, take away Robert Mathis, and take away T.Y. Hilton. I'm not convinced you can completely take away Mathis but they will try. Thats means Werner/Walden need to get good pressure, they don't necessarily even need to get sacks, just put pressure on him. Cory Redding, Aubrayo Franklin/Josh Chapman, and Ricky Jean-Francois need to do a good job of keeping the offensive line busy so our backers, mainly Jerrell Freeman and Josh McNary as those two spend the most time in pass rushes, can get to the quarterback. I also like the blitzes where we send either Bethea or Landry down.

On offense, they are going to try to take away Hilton. That means Da'Rick Rogers, Griff Whalen, Coby Fleener, and LaVon Brazill will be in 1 on 1 coverage of sometimes a soft zone. A big reason we started playing better was we added Whalen and Rogers from the PS to the active roster, and both of them came in and opened things up for Hilton, as well as Brazill finding his groove. I think they are all capable of beating 1 on 1 coverage, I specifically believe Rogers will have another Cincinnati-esque game, and get around 100 yards and a TD. I think we can and will win this, GO COLTS!

Two points..

1. Why do we always have to play there in the late game with that nasty weather black hole??!!

2. There is little or no love for the Colts and the media praises the pats 

They haven't won anything since we took them out in 2007 and who knows what they would have won if they got caught earlier by cheating in recording team communications

All they cry about is how poor Brady's receivers are so they can gloat when they win any game and cry pity when they lose.

Who cares that we took a beating to them last year, this is a new year so Tom Curran can go on pontificating

about his beloved team.

Hey Pats fan, This game is played on the field NOT in the paper or on Social media. 

See you later this week and the boys with the horseshoe on their helmet are coming with their heads up and several hard hits for ya!

Go Horse

The only other thing I would add is we need to have a good solid running game D Brown should touch the ball 15 to 20 times and get 60 to 80 yards that will help keep NE D honest!

Agreed. I'm sure I'll hear a lot of guff about it, but we need to get BOTH of our backs involved early to get their heads in the game as well as putting the fumbles behind them. We need Brown's quickness and T-Rich's power game to help wear out their "D" by the 4th qtr. N.E.'s "D" is known to tire out especially when the no-huddle is used against them consistently.

Brady remembers squaring off with Butler in practice quite well.

"He’s done a great job," said Brady. "I always had a lot of respect for Darius and what he was able to do. He’s an incredible athlete. I’ve thrown him a lot of interceptions on the practice field.

"Hopefully I don’t throw him one this weekend."

I dont know which is harder....Denver in Denver, or the Chargers anywhere. No, I am not getting ahead of myself, just responding to the thought that we would get a W in NE.

Chargers scare me more than any other team.

I agree - we just seem to have BBBAAAADDD karma when it comes to the Chargers. :bored:

Patriot fans think our defense is just Robert Mathis. They forget about Freeman & big boy Redding. I think he will wreck havoc more than Mathis.

Our secondary is what worries me the most. Toler is on IR and Vontae looks to be injured. Landry has to pass a concussion test. Brady could pick that apart all day.

Patriot fans think our defense is just Robert Mathis. They forget about Freeman & big boy Redding. I think he will wreck havoc more than Mathis.

Our secondary is what worries me the most. Toler is on IR and Vontae looks to be injured. Landry has to pass a concussion test. Brady could pick that apart all day.

Freeney was always the player the Pats feared including Brady who always used to praise him prior to games. Mathis is a beast this year. I expect Tom to get the ball out of hands fast.

Hope we get to add the Pats to,the list of the "big dogs" that we've slain this season

Niners - Seattle - Denver - KC - KC pt. 2 - New England - Denver pt. 2 - NFC champ

you actually got it wrong where actually nfc super bowl winners

I had a nightmare...we're playing the Pats Saturday, Brady gets strip sacked by Mathis in the second quarter, aggravates his shoulder, and has to go out for the rest of the game. Ryan Mallet comes in, throws 2 TD's in the second half, and beats the Colts on a last minute TD.

Its probably not going to happen that way, but i didn't wake up too happy and cheerful this morning..

I think the 44 points given up was a little misleading because Toler was directly responsible for 10 points as he clearly wasn't 100%. 3 turnovers in their own zone lead to 17 points. Don't get me wrong I:-)don't think the defense played well but the defense only allowed 2 field goal after the first few minutes of second half. If people thinks that this defense sucks andthe pats will put up the same numbers, they will be wrong.

I didn't think it was too far off.

Damn, I really dislike reading well-written articles that speak of the patriots.. ha ha. Seriously though, The article did pretty much say what we need to do more of against them: RUN THE FOOTBALL. Other than his assessment of their receivers -- He's pretty much saying what things have been. We just have to surprise them by doing a couple of the things better that they don't expect... Thx for the link (kind of)