Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Patriots OFFICIAL Mega Thread

Rob Lowe

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who you got?

So much depends on which D shows up in that game. I am not at all scared of NE's defense. Luck and the boys have finally found a rhythm. Our defense is the biggest question mark from this point on in these playoffs. Luck should clean up his play as well. He played one of his worst halfs all season.

Having a friend as a backup center for the Patriots, im going to still have to cheer for my team. Although he can get me tickets but too cold over there.

Im all out of ideas of how to beat them. What do you think is the plan?

If your friend is any good, tell him I it's warmer in the dome!

I think we match up pretty well against them. Brady is awesome and has seen everything. It's going to be a great game.

The secondary will have to play well on Amendola and Edleman. If we can disrupt their slant and short pass game we can limit Brady

On offense, just keep doing what were doing but without the costly turnovers. I love how our offense has played of late and NE's defense is nothing special especially with numerous injuries. 

Honestly, give the ball to Trent 1 or 2 times in the 1st quarter and if he doesn't run for >3 yards bench him the rest of the way like last game. I hate to say it, but this year is wasted for him. 

Our power run game might actually work against the Patriots to keep Brady off the field with their injuries in the middle with Wilfork and Mayo on IR, IMO.

The key is always to stop/limit Brady and play the whole 60 minutes, force tipped balls and incompletions. Teams that have been able to intercept or stall Brady have been able to tip his balls (Colts in Foxboro in 2006 regular season, JPP of Giants in SB 46 to limit Brady in red zone, Ravens in 2012 AFCCG).

Colts. New England and their fans will understimate us. Their fans will probably point to the game last season, but this is a completely different Colts team, and NE has so many injuries to key players, so the game will be close this time. They'll focus on TY thus leaving room for big plays elsewhere. I expect a big game from Fleener, Brown and Rogers. They dont have Gronk, which is huge, but they will still score a lot of points with Brady leading them. I feel like we can beat them in a shoot out though.

Our power run game might actually work against the Patriots to keep Brady off the field with their injuries in the middle with Wilfork and Mayo on IR, IMO.

The key is always to stop Brady, force tipped balls and incompletions. Teams that have been able to intercept or stall Brady have been able to tip his balls (Colts in Foxboro in 2006 regular season, JPP of Giants in SB 46 to limit Brady in red zone, Ravens in 2012 AFCCG).

I like that strategy.

Hope we get to add the Pats to,the list of the "big dogs" that we've slain this season

Niners - Seattle - Denver - KC - KC pt. 2 - New England - Denver pt. 2 - NFC champ

Dont forget Packers and Rodgers. Although that was last year, but still a team with an elite QB.

This isn't the Patriots team of last year. They are beat up and decimated by injuries. Edelman has been the only consistent receiver. Then again, Brady is always dangerous in the playoffs. Whatever happens though, I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

Its perfect that we have to play new england, as we then will host the AFC Championship game against San Diego :)

We lost last time at Foxboro, but last year they had, Welker, Hernandez, Wilfork and an overall better team than us.

Luck will beat new england, and I hope chargers beat Denver again, so the AFC Champ game will be at Lucas Oil Stadium