Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Patriots OFFICIAL Mega Thread

Rob Lowe

We need to mix up our defense and give tom brady different looks.  Show blitz and break out and cover.  We need make it hard as possible and tom brady.  And we really need to stop their running game in order to win.  We can't play like we did against the chiefs or else brady will pick us apart.  Cmon Colts I believe! Watch film on the game they played against the bengals.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a tough game. I don't see NE folding. I think the Colts can win this game but we got to play better defense than wwe did against the Chiefs in the 1st playoff game. we need to play the type of d we did the last 3 weeks of the regular season where we didn't give a lot of pts up. Offense hads to do better clean up their mistakes. Special teams needs to kepp playing at teh high level they have been playing and we can win.

If your friend is any good, tell him I it's warmer in the dome!

I think we match up pretty well against them. Brady is awesome and has seen everything. It's going to be a great game.

Im gonna ask him for the gameplan. lol. Hes a rookie though and got cut by the Dolphins. He came back to California and then the Patriots called him the next day...

He protected Colin Kaepernick in college in Nevada. Should be a good matchup!

How many times are these guys going to stand in our way? Is it just fate that keeps putting us in each others way? Dang, it's so satisfying to beat BB though. I say, bring them on! We'll exploit their defensive weaknesses, even though BB is great at disguising them. We'll beat up their generic wideouts enough to take a step of their quickness away. What do y'all see happening in the matchups? Where are our strengths and weaknesses?

Having a friend as a backup center for the Patriots, im going to still have to cheer for my team. Although he can get me tickets but too cold over there.

Im all out of ideas of how to beat them. What do you think is the plan?

anybody got any ideas as to what the weather forecast in Foxborough is supposed to be for our game time and game date?  We really need for the heavens to close up Winter shop for a weekend.  Luck needs ideal conditions.  There is only one Tom Brady who can play in that Winter crap.

anybody got any ideas as to what the weather forecast in Foxborough is supposed to be for our game time and game date?  We really need for the heavens to close up Winter shop for a weekend.  Luck needs ideal conditions.  There is only one Tom Brady who can play in that Winter crap.

The weather forecast calls for a slight warm up, Bengals game like conditions with temps around 43 degrees with 30% chance of precipitation. But take that with a grain of salt for now.

I will always choose the Colts, but nobody should assume anything vs Tom and Hoody.

You know they will take TY away by double teaming him out of doing anything, Spy Luck so he can't run,  and expect Rogers, Brazil, Fleener and our 'run game' to keep up in a track and field race. 

Beilichick is great at eliminating the best weapon on the opposing team. That's going to be TY. I hope Whalen, Rogers, and Brazill are ready to step up.

Hmmm...I thought our best weapon was Andrew Luck :). Belichick could game plan vs Tebow better by keeping him in the pocket but unlike Tebow, Luck can throw. :)

Well unless my brain is even more damaged than usual, I don't think that they've met in the playoffs in seven years, haven't lost to them in the playoffs in nine. The Chargers would be a far fresher wound, and they are still out there. Saints too.

Gulp.

I will always choose the Colts, but nobody should assume anything vs Tom and Hoody.

You know they will take TY away by double teaming him out of doing anything, Spy Luck so he can't run,  and expect Rogers, Brazil, Fleener and our 'run game' to keep up in a track and field race. 

Once Belichick double teams TY, I think we will immediately have an advantage since the Patriots' D strength hinges a lot on Talib taking the #1 guy one-on-one.

Plus, Luck is a young gun. By conceding the run to Luck, Belichick is not going to be able to freeze Luck's arm, LOL :).

The New England defense is so much better then what you think.  A fully healthy Aqib Talib and Devin McCourty who are both on the all-pro team his season will be the difference, and also CB Logan Ryans with 5 picks and Alfonzo Dennard form one of the best secondaries in football under the direction of Bill Belichick. I think up front with great pass rushers Chandler Jones (12 sacks) and Rob Ninkovich (8 sacks) who make for 4th in the NFL in sacks will play with the back end to make it hard for Andrew Luck finding receivers open.  You know they will take our TY Hilton, so somebody else had better step up or its a long night.  Should be an outstanding football game.

Hmmm...I thought our best weapon was Andrew Luck :). Belichick could game plan vs Tebow better by keeping him in the pocket but unlike Tebow, Luck can throw. :)

Lol, I meant the best receiving option. They're going to be on TY all night. I have great faith in Andrew, but this game is not going to be easy.

Mobile quarterbacks have given us fits all season, but we've generally done better against the pocket passers.  Thus, that factor should slightly push the gauge in our favor.

San Diego ran an offense similar to New England's vs us and they picked us apart. They dinked and dunked and ran rub routes for 8-15 yards repeatedly.

The New England defense is so much better then what you think.  A fully healthy Aqib Talib and Devin McCourty who are both on the all-pro team his season will be the difference, and also CB Logan Ryans with 5 picks and Alfonzo Dennard form one of the best secondaries in football under the direction of Bill Belichick. I think up front with great pass rushers Chandler Jones (12 sacks) and Rob Ninkovich (8 sacks) who make for 4th in the NFL in sacks will play with the back end to make it hard for Andrew Luck finding receivers open.  You know they will take our TY Hilton, so somebody else had better step up or its a long night.  Should be an outstanding football game.

You can't take out TY. You can only hope to contain him.

San Diego ran an offense similar to New England's vs us and they picked us apart. They dinked and dunked and ran rub routes for 8-15 yards repeatedly.

That was an off game for us, yet the Bolts still only scored 19 points.  I see your point though.

You can't take out TY. You can only hope to contain him.

Nah, Belichek will over commit if he has to stop TY and the game is up to Rogers, Fleener and Brazill. They will all have single coverage and opportunities to have monster games if they beat their man. 

Nah, Belichek will over commit if he has to stop TY and the game is up to Rogers, Fleener and Brazill. They will all have single coverage and opportunities to have monster games if they beat their man. 

You will see a ton of zone from the Pats with one safety deep. Little man I think. That is what they did to the Ravens and completely shut their O down.

Colts all the way! Hilton is a legit #1. Brazill, Rogers, Fleener, and Whalen are also doing a nice job of taking pressure off of Hilton, and our defense can play well when they are on their game, see the 2nd half for proof

and brown & richardson  catching passes out the back field..and brown should be able to run on their D since vince wilfork is out