Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie to DHB

Dtman513

DHB: “My confidence will carry me through the spring training, training camp and I’m looking forward to the season. I know that we’ve got one goal and that’s to win a Super Bowl and that’s all I need.”

At least his priorities seem to be in order.

DHB should enjoy a positive work environment. For him, it has been awhile. And older and wiser from the tribulation. :blueshoe:

Expect his route tree will be very much like Garcon.  And share some of it with Brazzill, maybe Palmer.

With DHB, Avery, Fleenor, maybe Palmer putting the fear of deep routes on`em, won`t we see a lot of two deep safeties?
 As long as we can run, and play action.... sweet!

DHB should enjoy a positive work environment. For him, it has been awhile. And older and wiser from the tribulation. :blueshoe:

Expect his route tree will be very much like Garcon.  And share some of it with Brazzill, maybe Palmer.

With DHB, Avery, Fleenor, maybe Palmer putting the fear of deep routes on`em, won`t we see a lot of two deep safeties?

it would also open up things underneath for reggie and allen

Avery doesnt play for the colts anymore

I was very disappointed that Oakland originally took him so early in the draft.  Like the rest of you armchair QB's, I have no talent-evaluation skills, but his physical attributes made me believe he could be the next #1 wide out.  I still believe that's possible. 

If not, he could be a most disruptive #2, that will allow Reggie to look even more outstanding.

Avery is in KC

First of all, avery is dropping passes for someone else now.

And Palmer putting the fear of deep routes into them?

Over Hilton and Brazil?

As Uncle Si would say:

"... No."

Really anxious to see what this guy will do for us. He supposedly has a great work ethic and works hard but his knock was his hands being iffy. I really think he could take off here. Not getting my hopes up too much, but I have a good feeling about this guy.

Yeah people have mixed feelings. Marlin Jackson on JMV said he thought Donnie Avery was better and that DHB was ok, but Joe Montana quoted via Twitter:

Raiders WR Darrius Heyward-Bey is going to be a big weapon for Luck and the Colts. Good to see #KevinWare in good spirits.

Opinions vary, that's the good thing, they're all opinions. Noone can predict the future so noone knows how good he's going to be. He could blow up into a great reciever or be a dud. I predict somewhere in the middle IMO. However, he could be a stud working with Reggie, Luck and the coaches. There is no doubt the talent is there. Lets hope the rest he can improve upon.

Wayne 8 drops, Avery 7 drops, Hilton 5 drops....  with Andrew Luck throwing the ball.  Oh and the TE's....       ughhh..

It happens....   

I bet once he starts playing in meaningful games he will tighten it up.....   at least if he wants paid he will.

( that was directed at DHB)   not Avery... 

for every spectacular play he made he had 5 drops

I see no reason DHB can't have as a productive season as Avery had last year if not better with his physical attributes and speed. Maybe some of those Luck over-throws will get caught lol.

Seriously playing in a positive work environment where he won't be the focus of the defense...with a great young qb....if he fails this year....he is probably out of the league. I honestly honestly think without injuries he has 60 catches 850yds and 7tds. I really think that is what we can get out of this kid.

Very nice.

So glad Reggie stayed with us. He has been more valuable since last offseason then words can even describe.....

Yes he has. I'm serious, we should change his Jersey name from "Wayne" to "Prof. Wayne" he's been teaching all our WR's and even Luck a few times

DHB: “My confidence will carry me through the spring training, training camp and I’m looking forward to the season. I know that we’ve got one goal and that’s to win a Super Bowl and that’s all I need.”

At least his priorities seem to be in order.

Hopefully he's not relying solely on his confidence to make the team. I don't think that's what he meant and that he has a big head. But I hold he works hard and convinces the FO to keep him off years. He's got potential.

Hopefully he's not relying solely on his confidence to make the team. I don't think that's what he meant and that he has a big head. But I hold he works hard and convinces the FO to keep him off years. He's got potential.

He has guaranteed money, I think he made the team.

I don't know how good DHB can be, but I do know that to succeed you need to have some kind of order and structure. This is the reason there are excellent organizations and bad organizations. The Raiders during the time DHB was there had three different coaches, and four different Offensive Coordinators I believe. Coming out of college, Maryland if I remember correctly, he was very raw. Oakland with Davis continued doing what they had always done. They saw speed and drafted it. Regardless, raw players are not going to flourish and learn without some kind of continuity. He will have this for the first time in his Pro career, and hopefully it will show up on the field. He may of drafted too high, but he was considered a first round talent, so lets hope we got a raw gem.

The Raiders during the time DHB was there had three different coaches, and four different Offensive Coordinators I believe.   

And, as I learned today, 7 different quarterbacks....     with the Colts, he'll have something he's never had...      

Stability.....