Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Laron Landry signed with Colts (confirmed) (merge)

Ihh61691

Don't know why you keep saying this. You have no idea who does their draft tracker. Funny that nobody who actually puts their name on it at nfl network projects Warford as a first rounder.

The NFL College Advisory gives them a grade 

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes,  but you don't know what that grade is.   That info is not typically made public or shared.

I seriously doubt the folks at the NFL Network would be handing out these random grades that are on there site, I have no way of knowing of course, But it just might be the committee that gives those grades we all see on NFL.com

I seriously doubt the folks at the NFL Network would be handing out these random grades that are on there site, I have no way of knowing of course, But it just might be the committee that gives those grades we all see on NFL.com

The grades on the NFL.com website are from NFL.com talent evaluators.   They're not from the NFL College advisory board.

Those grades are generally like this....   "If you come out we see you as likely being taken in the first round"

or...

"If you come out we see you as likely being taken on Day two  (2nd or 3rd round)

or...

"If you come out we see you as likely being taken early on Day three, or late on Day three, or not taken at all...."

I believe that's how those evaluations are typically phrased.    There may be a bit more than that,  but I don't think it's a lot more.

The NFL is not in the habit of releasing it's exclusive information.   And players typically want those things private.

But what's on NFL.com is for draft junkies like you and me and Andy and others here....   they're feeding the draft machine they've created.

I wouldn't read too much more into that.

Just my view....

The grades on the NFL.com website are from NFL.com talent evaluators.   They're not from the NFL College advisory board.

Those grades are generally like this....   "If you come out we see you as likely being taken in the first round"

or...

"If you come out we see you as likely being taken on Day two  (2nd or 3rd round)

or...

"If you come out we see you as likely being taken early on Day three, or late on Day three, or not taken at all...."

I believe that's how those evaluations are typically phrased.    There may be a bit more than that,  but I don't think it's a lot more.

I wonder who the talent evaluators at NFL.com are, would not be surprised if Mayock was one of them

I wonder who the talent evaluators at NFL.com are, would not be surprised if Mayock was one of them

Honestly,  I'm not sure.   Really wish I knew.   I don't think it's one guy,  just too much for one person to do.

I can see if falling to 3-5 guys.    And some of their evaluations look spot on.   And some look totally bizarre.

Some I think are current.   And some are much less so.   They're getting better the further away from the combine we are.

But it's taken a while for them to factor in combine performance.   I'm not sure or not if they'll update any players after their Pro Day?    I would think guys like Teo and Moore and Star and Lacy and Barkley and perhaps a few others will need to have their Pro Day factored in.

I'm trying not to put too much stock in their evaluations until early to mid April.   And then, I'm comparing them to the evaluations for Scouts Inc over on ESPN.   That's at least 3 guys...  McShay and two other evaluators.   And I'll also compared their work with Nolan Nawrockie over at Pro Football Weekly.    Again,  early April is my target date for checking this all out.

Just wanted to share that for whatever you think it may -- or may not -- be worth....

i thought he was the one who shredded his achilles (which is an injury old people get), and no one wanted to touch him ??? !!!!

might be questionable money spent here, wow, don't know.  Can't quite figure out why spending so much $$$ on a safety when O-line is killing Luck and us?  Several quality o-linemen are now history.

i thought he was the one who shredded his achilles (which is an injury old people get), and no one wanted to touch him ??? !!!!

might be questionable money spent here, wow, don't know. Can't quite figure out why spending so much $$$ on a safety when O-line is killing Luck and us? Several quality o-linemen are now history.

Where you been man? We already signed two O linemen.

The thing is.. he is good in coverage.. but we have to find a stat of the breakout plays he does, he can cover, but when the WR/TE/RB catches the ball, he's there to hit something.. i really like him.. because it's that kind of Defensive player that you can just close your eyes and hear him play.. no need to see the hits.. you can hear it..

He looks a lot smaller on that video!

Sorry, new to this website. I have always been a college fan and now am moving into the NFL. I am an Arkansas Fan, I know our last year was HORRIBLE! But, we still have great players, just need a better coach. I want the colts to do well and I know they will with Luck and the other players working together, just hang in there for a good ride this year. As we have all seen, it's not over til it's over...Luck and the team won't give up. :)

Welcome!

This is like a Bob Sanders contract average, hopefully Landry lives up to it. I like the ceiling immensely over Pollard. Hopefully Pagano gets out all the lack of discipline habits he may have developed with the Redskins and Jets.

Great signing Landry and Bethea is the best safety tandem in the NFL. With all the free agent signings im sure were gonna go WR in the 1st round.

If Dashon Goldson is back with the 49ers, it will be Goldson and Whitner, IMO.

Has Goldson gone to any other team yet? I know the Bucs were very interested.